Magnanimous

What Actualized episodes to avoid?

17 posts in this topic

Since Leo awakened I feel he might disagree with some of the stuff he said in his old videos.

So which videos should I avoid?

The episode on Love. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

The episode on Love. 

In what way do you think he would disagree with it? I don't think so.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

There is no need to avoid anything. All of the video show a progression of growth of the individual.

You should worry more about missing out on the insights in the videos that you have already watched. 

I learn from even his oldest videos. They’re just taught from dif levels of wisdom is all 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

There is no need to avoid anything. All of the video show a progression of growth of the individual.

You should worry more about missing out on the insights in the videos that you have already watched. 

This I feel is very important. Very good point. I watch videos multiple times, and I encourage you to take notes and think through everything Leo says. This I feel goes for all the intellectual content you consume. You MUST make sure that your processing all the information you consume through your own mind, because only you can know how it applies to your life.

This is of paramount importance. I think if you do this, it will be easier to categorize the information you hear. You will be able to get out the most important information that you can use.

1 hour ago, Arthogaan said:

In what way do you think he would disagree with it? I don't think so.

In moments when I'm experiencing intense anger and hate, I don't feel like watching that video because it represents hypocrisy to me. Cold cold heart, cold cold world, all speak of love to the hungry dog within me. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

16 hours ago, UpperMaster said:

This I feel is very important. Very good point. I watch videos multiple times, and I encourage you to take notes and think through everything Leo says. This I feel goes for all the intellectual content you consume. You MUST make sure that your processing all the information you consume through your own mind, because only you can know how it applies to your life.

This is of paramount importance. I think if you do this, it will be easier to categorize the information you hear. You will be able to get out the most important information that you can use.

Taking notes just dosen't work for me. I like to watch and contemplate the things that stick to me. 

Ya don’t wanna agree with everything a teacher says it 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Not an old one, but Infinite Gods. Doesn't add anything new imo.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Don't necessarily need to avoid, just prioritize video topics that make sense based on your current level of development. 

If you're new to personal development, I'd sort videos by oldest and focus more on the self-help type content to get your material life together first, before you start worrying about metaphysical and spiritual topics.

The cutoff for me would start around 2014 - 2015 (videos from 7 vs 8 years ago) where things go from more practical topics you can apply in your everyday life, to advanced spiritual topics.

Pre-2015 you've got 200+ videos to watch already, although most are shorter and about 15 minutes long.

Most videos in the past 4 years or so, there's little to no value to beginners, because most topics will go right over your head, or build on previous concepts, or just not be relevant to where you are in life.

If you haven't been working on yourself for at least a few years, don't have a solid idea what your life purpose is, and all of your basic needs met -- Then you don't need to be thinking about free will, the social matrix, solipsism, going meta, holistic thinking, nonduality, or even spiral dynamics. At best, the advanced topics will just be mental masturbation and not benefit you. At worst, they'll actively delay your progress and hold you back.

When you tell normies about those advanced topics too soon, you just end up creating a conspiracy theorist, because they can't properly contextualize and integrate it. 

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

If you haven't been working on yourself for at least a few years, don't have a solid idea what your life purpose is, and all of your basic needs met -- Then you don't need to be thinking about free will, the social matrix, solipsism, going meta, holistic thinking, nonduality, or even spiral dynamics. At best, the advanced topics will just be mental masturbation and not benefit you. At worst, they'll actively delay your progress and hold you back.

Depends on how your brain works. 

I Immediately found going meta & the social matrix beneficial & it had nothing to do with the fact of whether I'd watched prior episodes or not it was more based on practical  life experience &  the way my mind works.

You have no authority in saying whether a struggling broke kid should watch going meta or not, it depends on the individual. It might change his life somewhat because of some sort of serendipitous connection to his unique problems or life experiences. 

I sense your paragraph is a parroted psuedo intellectual copycat of 100s of people will say and the idea of "advanced" is completely subjective and truly has no meaning, You could call spiral dynamics advanced but I'd say it's irrelevant & oversimplified  & most people would be  better off not knowing about it, I don't find it interesting nor I do I care not because of my "stage of development" (as if there's some sort of literal fucking algorithm for what that means when it's technically all just conceptual ideas theories in your mind) ... but because I genuinely don't care it's boring it's not that profound & it's a limited modal, And I'm allowed to have my own interests & not all of this can be reduced to my "stage" when actually my mind would never be inclined towards that shit & I think there are way better things to think about even just from an intellectual stand point not just pragmatic, a lot of dogmatic parrots on here but this is partly why I respected the social matrix & meta more, I found it a more genuine instance of creativity & independent thought whereas  spiral dynamics has done something very annoying & toxic to the blind affiliate leo creating a lot of parrot speech & nonsense. 

But I found meta & social matrix interesting and practical, because it just fucking is for me. 

There's no point trying to come up with a formula for this shit, just watch a couple videos that you are interested in regardless of the date. And this idea that we should be watching 200 of leos videos is just ludricous & medicore, there's many other better youtubers out there & so no one really should be watching that many of his videos, it would lead to "lack of requisite variety" and so should realize listening to Leo is an oppurtunity cost if you listen to him too much, listen to others as well & be open to hearing multiple people not just 1 or 2.

And remember that actually fucking doing shit is also important not just consumption and so on that note I'm singing off. 

Edited by Optimized Life

The one episode that is definitely false is the ‘Radical Implications of Oneness’. It is pure falsehood. 

All of Leo’s videos on awakening are gold, so I was surprised when I saw that one.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Magnanimous

On 2022-10-17 at 7:34 AM, Magnanimous said:

Since Leo awakened I feel he might disagree with some of the stuff he said in his old videos.

None. Watch all of them at your own pace. Just go through the old and new content and follow your intuition on which video to watch and take note on.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:34 AM, Magnanimous said:

All of them.

giphy.gif

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

14 hours ago, Yarco said:

If you haven't been working on yourself for at least a few years, don't have a solid idea what your life purpose is, and all of your basic needs met -- Then you don't need to be thinking about... holistic thinking, spiral dynamics

Why not?

I thought holistic thinking was extremely useful.

And why not Spiral Dynamics? Isn't learning how to evolve useful?