Someone here

Why leo says no one is awake

145 posts in this topic

Do you understand what Leo means by "God-Realization " or "God-Consciousness "?  It's the most radical thing ever.  What Leo has become conscious of is that there is only one conscious entity in the entire universe.  Do you understand how radical that is?  That's why he says all spiritual teachings other than his own are nonsense and will not get you to awaken .because you can't cling to any authority figures or spiritual traditions to tell you what the truth is .because the truth is that YOU reading this right now are GOD. And of course God is the ultimate authority in the universe. And whatever he imagines to be true is what is true .

Think about it ..are you willing to accept that your parents, friends, past,memories, your birth ,your death, Buddhism,Advaita, Jesus  ,the Buddha,  EVERYTHING is a figment of your imagination?  Are you willing to accept absolute and total solipsism ? I would say 99.9999 % of people on this forum are not . I'm an exception tho .I can accept it  .but its not a one night deal .you go through a tough process to accepting it .you have to  face your fear of death. Your fear of insanity. And basically every other fear you have.  Most people are not ready to accept this degree of wakefulness. That 's why leo says everyone is not awake. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

yes, you are imagining the others. but there is a detail. nothing is finite. the others you imagine are infinite. the tree you see on the street is infinite. absolutely everything is infinite, and contains infinite infinities in it. so the people you imagine are also god, since they are infinite. you are not alone, you accompany yourself infinitely

it really is impossible to verify anything but your own consciousness. Don’t you believe me? Think a moment and think of all the possible dreams that you have experienced in your life. Is it not possible that everything around you is nothing but an incredibly intricate dream? But we have people and things around us that we cannot doubt, because we can hear, see, smell, taste and feel them, right? Yes, and no. People who take LSD, for example, say that they can touch the most convincing hallucinations, but we do not claim that their visions are “reality”. Your dreams simulate sensations as well, after all, what you perceive is what different sections of your brain tell you to. As a result, which parts of existence can we not doubt? None. Not the chicken we ate for dinner or the keyboard beneath our fingers. Each of us can only be sure in his own thoughts.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The mistake is thinking your little ego mind and body are some kind of authority figure, which by the tone and judgement of other teachers, seems to be the implicit assumption.

“Because Im god, Im the ultimate authority, therefore, other teachers can’t hold authority over me.” This entire chain of reason is mired in self clinging, self deception, and illusion. 

It’s really quite simple. If you are God, and God is solipsistic, any teacher is also a manifestation of you. Therefore, when giving one’s authority over to a teacher, you’re really choosing to give authority over to yourself. The question is, as God, do you give authority over to the ego/mind, or a teacher? Both are you. In either decision, you’ve handed your authority over to yourself. This is the part this post misses, and Leo missed as well.

Which is more trustworthy? A spiritual master, or your petty ego/mind? 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

The mistake is thinking your little ego mind and body are some kind of authority figure, which by the tone and judgement of other teachers, seems to be the implicit assumption.

“Because Im god, Im the ultimate authority, therefore, other teachers can’t hold authority over me.” This entire chain of reason is mired in self clinging, self deception, and illusion. 

It’s really quite simple. If you are God, and God is solipsistic, any teacher is also a manifestation of you. Therefore, when giving one’s authority over to a teacher, you’re really choosing to give authority over to yourself. The question is, as God, do you give authority over to the ego/mind, or a teacher? Both are you. In either decision, you’ve handed your authority over to yourself. This is the part this post misses, and Leo missed as well.

My petty ego/mind, with a spiritual master on the side.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 hours ago, Consilience said:

Neither.  False dichotomy.  Your direct experience is the only thing you can trust because it is Absolute Truth.  All professors, gurus, and spiritual teachers are yourself, but they secondary sources because your mind has to construct them first in order for them to exist.  Your dream characters including your spiritual gurus cannot be ultimately trusted nor can they ever awaken you or give you awakening. 

It is only when you take complete ownership and responsibility when you have any chance to awaken.  As long as you put off your responsibility to others (distinctions your mind is constructing), you have no chance to awaken nor live authentically.  There is nothing wrong with learning from your dream characters if you wish to keep dreaming within the dream.  If you want to awaken, eventually you need to think for yourself, walk your own path, and deconstruct everything "human," which includes all spiritual lessons.  You are imagining your guru's awakening.  How they awakened may not be the same for you or anyone else.

Edit:  It seems like your chain of reasoning is about providing justifications for why you should give away your intellectual and spiritual authorities away to your professors and gurus.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

28 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

It is only when you take complete ownership and responsibility when you have any chance to awaken.  As long as you put off your responsibility to others (distinctions your mind is constructing), you have no chance to awaken nor live authentically.

This is pure ego and a recipe for self-deception. There is no you to put your responsibility off to or others to give responsibility or authority. Did you really miss how deep this is? Are you this self-bias you’re missing something so obvious? 

The authority you’re clinging to is no more or less authoritative than your own direct experience. Both are direct experience. Your entire post is mental, egoic masturbation. The authority you think hold is like dust, worthless than actually. 

If you don’t have the humility to recognize wisdom, to recognize awakened mind outside of the activity of your own mind (ie the ability to recognize an awakened mind in a teacher), you’re pretty much fucked. 

Of course the only one that can awaken is you. But if you think what my post points to contradicts this, you’re not understanding what’s being pointed to. 

Edited by Consilience

30 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Edit:  It seems like your chain of reasoning is about providing justifications for why you should give away your intellectual and spiritual authorities away to your professors and gurus.

The fact that this is your interpretation is extremely telling. 

4 hours ago, Consilience said:

Spiritual masters are illusions created by your Mind.

You are God. The end. No spiritual masters. God does not have a spiritual master. The idea itself is absurd.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Spiritual masters are illusions created by your Mind.

You are God. The end. No spiritual masters. God does not have a spiritual master. The idea itself is absurd.

You need the ship before you can destroy it.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

10 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You need the ship before you can destroy it.

To reach the highest levels you'll have to leave all the human shit behind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is pure ego and a recipe for self-deception. There is no you to put your responsibility off to or others to give responsibility or authority. Did you really miss how deep this is? Are you this self-bias you’re missing something so obvious? 

I am not sure how taking responsibility for my own authority and direct experience is self-deception.  I see putting faith in a teacher to deliver you truth rather than you seeking it yourself to be the deception.  Kill the Buddha.

Be careful conflating Absolute with relative.  That realization that there is no you to give away responsibility comes after you have taken responsibility first.  

The authority you’re clinging to is no more or less authoritative than your own direct experience. Both are direct experience.

The authority I am talking about is direct experience.  When I say take responsibility for yourself, I mean to operate from first-hand direct experience, not secondary experiences like thoughts, beliefs, teachings, teachers, others, etc.  It is essential to deconstruct the ego, which includes all thoughts, beliefs, teachings, others, etc.  Your first-hand direct experience is more so in alignment with what is actually true than anything teaching.  All that other stuff is fog on the mirror. To play your game, you might have heard of the story of the Buddha just sitting with a Lotus Flower as his teaching.  That is what I mean except you actually have to do that yourself and throw away all the ideas of a Buddha.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

22 hours ago, Someone here said:

Do you understand what Leo means by "God-Realization " or "God-Consciousness "?  It's the most radical thing ever.  What Leo has become conscious of is that there is only one conscious entity in the entire universe.  Do you understand how radical that is?  That's why he says all spiritual teachings other than his own are nonsense and will not get you to awaken .because you can't cling to any authority figures or spiritual traditions to tell you what the truth is .because the truth is that YOU reading this right now are GOD. And of course God is the ultimate authority in the universe. And whatever he imagines to be true is what is true .

Think about it ..are you willing to accept that your parents, friends, past,memories, your birth ,your death, Buddhism,Advaita, Jesus  ,the Buddha,  EVERYTHING is a figment of your imagination?  Are you willing to accept absolute and total solipsism ? I would say 99.9999 % of people on this forum are not . I'm an exception tho .I can accept it  .but its not a one night deal .you go through a tough process to accepting it .you have to  face your fear of death. Your fear of insanity. And basically every other fear you have.  Most people are not ready to accept this degree of wakefulness. That 's why leo says everyone is not awake. 

Solopsism is bullshit :)

do you all really think I don’t exist? There is no experience happening over here!? Helllooooo. Or am I just your imagination right now? Then stop imagining me! Let’s do an experiment. Wipe me out! Couldn’t do it? Huh, weird. Cuz you’re all like God or something. 

What a self indulgent, ego boosting convenience. Only YOU are real and everyone else is just YOUR imagination. YOU created them all, they only exist because of YOU! 

This is so lame and deluded. You have to be seriously insecure and wanting to be special to fall into this trap of Solopsism. Listen to the greats, the highest teaching is alleviating all beings from suffering. You think those guys were just fucking around saying that to be cute? To not spoil the little game of Solopsism? 

Its a fucking delusion  

When reading my post above your mind is going one of two places,

”wow. That’s so crazy I’m imagining this guy who is trying to convince he’s having a real experience and that I’m not God. Wow! I can’t believe I’m imagining that!” 

or

”hey maybe this is actually a person with an experience and consciousness on the other end…let me just get my head out of my ass real quick and consider that….”

go with the latter 

45 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

When reading my post above your mind is going one of two places,

”wow. That’s so crazy I’m imagining this guy who is trying to convince he’s having a real experience and that I’m not God. Wow! I can’t believe I’m imagining that!” 

or

”hey maybe this is actually a person with an experience and consciousness on the other end…let me just get my head out of my ass real quick and consider that….”

go with the latter 

If you would give that advice to someone that wants to learn to lucid dream at night that would be a really bad advice.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@BlessedLion why can both perspectives not be true?

i have realised that a lot of times when people have an argument and both sides are utterly convinced that they are right, because they have become conscious of the fact and therefore it can be the only truth,

Actually you are seeing the same side of the coin.

My question is couldn't it be that everything you are experiencing is god and everything outside of your direct experience is not real and therefore when you have an awakening  you become conscious of the fact that there is no body else and you are god.

However what if every living entity has that exact dream going on for his own independent from each other but still the content of the dream is the same. 

For example: you are everything you are god, everything you are experiencing is the only real thing, your mom is only real as an idea in your mind

And on the other hand your mom is god too(not actually the person is god but you get the idea) and your gods are complety independent from each other both are infinite and both can have the realization that they are everything that exists. But even though they are independent from each other and are a universe for its own the content in their dream matches.

That means if you send your mom a letter in your universe your mom wouldn't actually open and read it(if your not experiencing it) however because your mom has a universe of its own and the content is the same: in her universe she would imagine that her son would have send her a letter.

Wouldn't that be possible?  Because if I am god I would create it in that way

the perspective of solipism is superficial, false and a bit schizoid. It doesn't understand the depth and reality of everything. Assume that it is impossible to have more than one pov at a time, but that in the future you will have other povs. who? you, the ego. when? there is no time, time is fictitious, all those pov that you will have you are having right now. you are reality, but as an ego the dimension of what this means completely escapes you. it is an infinite dimension, unlimited. You understand? unlimited. there is no limit to what it is

3 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

I am not sure how taking responsibility for my own authority and direct experience is self-deception.

There is no you to take responsibility or not.

Be careful conflating Absolute with relative.  

There is no you to be careful. 

It is essential to deconstruct the ego, which includes all thoughts, beliefs, teachings, others, etc.  

It's not essential. It either happens or it does not. 

That is what I mean except you actually have to do that yourself and throw away all the ideas of a Buddha.

There is no you to do anything.

Apparently.