Thought Art

Escaping Wage Slavery

31 posts in this topic

Who here is interested in escaping wage slavery? 

I think this is the most important thing I can do right now in my life. I’ve got debt, and I don’t make very much at my accounting job.

Ive got to escape being a slave. I just… I really don’t know how I’m going to do this. 

I also have been thinking of starting to study as a data analyst. I thought maybe I’d be a Qigong teacher but… I’ve been posting some videos and I’m thinking to myself…. “I don’t think I can get rich with this monkey see monkey do business”. 

My debt is from student loans, and this marketing course (wish Leo had released his video before I walked into that one). 

Ive got to escape. Life isn’t worth living if this is it. 

I need to find a way to provide massive value and then be free for the rest of my life. I’m currently contemplating in my journal. Feeling deeply confused. I’m going to take Saturday to just sit to write my own thoughts. 

Anyone else working toward this?

The thing is… I have the heart of an artist. My soul has been murdered by life. Though, I’ve been enjoying my job and the things I am learning. And, I love my practice of Qigong and had liked the idea of being a teacher. I actually really enjoy teaching Qigong. …. It’s not music, it’s not poetry… and, man… my tinnitus. I… I’m not sure if my life is worth living as it stands. I’m confused. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I did make a thread a while back about how skeptical I was about anybody being able to escape wage slavery. I honestly am still doubtful about that being the case considering the non-stop increase in economic inequality that has been occuring even in first world countries, particularly in America since neoliberalism began in the late 70s to early 80s. 

Also, I could be wrong about this, but I fear that if another authoritarian become the next president of the United States sometime in the near future then escape will get even harder for most Americans. That could further set a precedent for other first world countries to follow. Actually, the new British PM is a right winger who considers herself as an heir to UK PM Thatcher. Margaret Thatcher in the 80s carried out the same kind of neoliberal economic policies that Reagan in the US did.

Edited by Hardkill

It's not like you need to make egregious wealth or create a one in a million business of your own. You know it is possible to find a career that is meaningful to you, even if it's still "wage slavery". Even those with excess wealth and time are slaves in a way, they have to stress and work to maintain the systems they set up.

We are all bound by survival in some way. Be careful with obsessing over naïve notions like, "being free for the rest of my life".

Keep in mind our current economic model is a corrupt pyramid scheme. When people amass a ton of wealth and make dividends/interest off stocks and other portfolios, it's because wage slaves at the bottom of the pyramid and others losing out on investments are keeping the machine going. Not to mention the elephant in the room of environmental destruction.

What you ought to do is carefully define your values and principles and design your life and work to serve those. Hopefully those end up having a positive influence on the world and the living things in it.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Get paid doing something sustainable on your body and mind, use rest of your time to work on your projects. : )

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/02/22/getting-rich-from-zero-to-hero-in-one-blog-post/

Get better paying job, leave extremely frugally and save 70% of your income. If you achieve 25 times as much money as you spend during a year then you are able to live off from 4% dividends.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

16 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Who here is interested in escaping wage slavery? 

Ive got to escape. Life isn’t worth living if this is it. 

It's the most important thing you can do in your life. 

Maybe not for others, some jobs are enjoyable, if someone else is content if no regrets that's great.  

But if you're having the thought consistently then it's certainly the most important thing for you. 

I am the same, within my context & brain & personality I just can't not have complete creative autonomy & I can't live a life without freedom variety excitement risk novelty ect... I can't live a life where I'm not travelling every month & doing random stuff, I still dream of this life every second. But I am a very weird & different individual.

I regret it, I never followed my natural inclinations & as a creative person it will drive you insane if you don't follow & express yourself after a while, but of course I need time & security + some basic needs & distractions met helps a lot in allowing me to flollow these inclinations. I also see money & freedom as a direct aphrodisasic to creative energy : What better spark than to be conversing with different people? To be in some wild forest one week, to be in paris the next? I need that spark and all the jobs & life I've lived, never give me anything near this spark. 

Edited by Optimized Life

I had a YouTube channel teaching people journaling, affirmation and contemplation techniques specifically for e-ink tablets. I had done some simple organic marketing and had a few potential buys. But due to some other circumstances and my own immaturity I deleted the channel and pages and went back to school to study accounting to get a more solid “base”. 

I am going to escape wage slavery somehow. I need to stop looking at this marketing course as just a mistake and a debt load and instead look at it as learning ti hunt and escape trading all my time for fucking pennies. Plus, having to work around people I have to hide my true self from is so annoying. People are retarded. 

I’m finding a way out or I’m killing myself. I’m not gonna be a slave for this entire life. Or, that’s that’s what I have to be then I’d rather die.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

55 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I had a YouTube channel teaching people journaling, affirmation and contemplation techniques specifically for e-ink tablets.

@Thought Art Can I please see!???

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

@ThePoint had

I had an ego backlash after shamanic breathing. Deleted it all and went back to school. 

Though, maybe I’ll do it again.

Ive got to find some way of escaping and doing what I like that helps the world. 

I think I am in a better place. I’m considering starting again. I regret deleting what I had. But, anyway. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art Noooooo. I’ve always been looking for niche content like that because I use an e-ink tablet too. 

Do you still use an e-ink tablet?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

@ThePoint yup all the time. I know more about it now than before. 

I use a remarkable 1, what do you use?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I’m finding a way out or I’m killing myself. I’m not gonna be a slave for this entire life. Or, that’s that’s what I have to be then I’d rather die.

I'm with you on that one brother. I just thank God we don't live in the industrial ages and it's feasible to escape the system now.

If I lived back then I would've flipped shit and killed the factory owner for sure.

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

@LordFall ahah you wouldn’t even think it possible likely 

Hell, maybe you’d be the owner 

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@LordFall ahah you wouldn’t even think it possible likely 

Hell, maybe you’d be the owner 

That's a good point, wage slaving for years and being broke taught me empathy. Without it I'd probably be just as heartless as any capitalist.

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

Maybe you should read the book: Rich dad Poor dad written by Robert Kiyosaki

@caesar13 aha, I have read and may reread it. But that’s not a book on escaping wage slavery. Not in the sense I’m going to do it.

We had to read it in high school. If only I had been wiser then to realize what gold it was. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

There are many possible ways. Real estate is a good one.

Realistically you want to find a gig that pays well for your time. Then use that to bootstrap yourself. Stop working jobs that take all day and pay little per hour. You need to find jobs that have a high ratio of pay to work.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Following on the real estate suggestion, one of my goals is simply to have an apartment in a bunch of major cities around the world and simply airbnb out the ones that I'm not currently staying at.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Realistically you want to find a gig that pays well for your time. Then use that to bootstrap yourself. Stop working jobs that take all day and pay little per hour. You need to find jobs that have a high ratio of pay to work.

How much harder do you think the growing economic inequality of America has made it for most people living in the US to escape wage slavery compared to the good old days of egalitarian growth that practically every American experienced during the mid 1900s or even perhaps during the 90s?

Edited by Hardkill

Read Advanced magick for beginners by Alan Chapman if you want to use your meditation skills to eg. Escape wage slavery or whatever you want. Just don't abuse it so you aren't just stealing value.