Kksd74628

Actualized.org GYM!!

141 posts in this topic

Just now, King Merk said:

@Raptorsin7 thank you for the emotional support. I normally don’t need much of that but with BJJ it’s become very appreciated haha. I love this shit. It feels primal.

I’m curious what made you stop training? Did it stop becoming fun for you? 

I left for law school a few years ago, and I started doing yoga so i didn't feel the need to continue.

But also, I felt discouraged because I was very inconsistent in my performance and I felt like my time was better spent doing other things.

When I had a peak experience on LSD a few years I realized why I felt limited in bjj and what the solution was, and since then my focus has been spirituality. But I am open to returning to BJJ, i still have good relationships with the guys who train at the gym near me.

@KH2

That's the correct way to go bro ;)

Who told you that "others" are real?

I ate a cup of ice cream to feel better. 

I have been listening to music and working on staying away from negativity. 

I sometimes walk around the block. 

I'm a lazy bish. 

The only thing that motivates me is a kiss on my cheeks. And some cuddling and spooning. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Kksd74628 say it again pleeeeeez

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

@Tyler Robinson 

That man you talked about, you should go and test your love with him on your own methods, but you should aim to see if he genuinely loves you. Maybe go for something physical at least kissing or hugging and if you feel like then maybe something more. That's the only way to see what's the answer for your questions. After that you should know if you want to be with him or not. Stop thinking about red flags, because they don't exist in the realm of love <3

-joNi-

@Kksd74628 aww. Thank you ^_^

♡✸♡.

Went to the gym today.

Did 3x8 Squats at 87.5 kg, then 3x8 Overhead Presses at 25, then 1x5 Deadlifts at 60, 80, and 90. 60 and 80 are really just warmup, there were warmup sets for Squats and OHPs too.

Then Sauna and, for the first time, cold shower after the Sauna. It felt really nice and I'm going to do that every time now.

@Emrie

It's nice to see people starting to do things and enjoying the change :)

I'm definitely pushing myself to do something every day because of this thread.

I'll listen whole audiobook at once (it takes about 3h). Books is Unfuck yourself by Gary John Bishop.

I learned couple lessons from listening/ trying to listen this book. I listened for a little bit over hour until I decided change the book, because I saw being disclipine to wrong goals doesn't do anything, but maybe trains your disclipine, but you could to that with beneficial acts also, so I don't see the point. Because I try to listen books from the perspective that I want to see more perspectives then maybe listening to summaries (as I did 2 books today) is better and if the subject is interesting I could use more time to it.

Sometimes it's just better to work in how you work instead of just working aimlessly. Use that information to polish your working, but don't use it as an excuse to be lazy and ending up doing nothing. Instead - if must - redirect your energy to something which you see more valuable and keep going. My decision didn't even come only from this one listening session, because I already read 4 books this month and I have seen that in my level there isn't too many good nuggets of information so I have to start changing my style of seeking for information.

@Kksd74628 haha I love the encouragement. What are you typically doing while you listen to books? I like doing audiobooks while driving to work and walking my dog.

It’s crazy how much you can gain by taking advantage of those little opportunities to learn something.

Today I slept in past my BJJ class which I didn’t plan on but I’m currently working a double so 16 hours at my day job as a youth counselor. So I don’t feel bad about getting the extra sleep.

Trying to stay balanced between work and recovery. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@King Merk

At one time I cleaned my whole house while listening to audiobook, so I could bravely say that I know the power of combining different things :D.

Listening to the heroic stories of Napoleons marshals is incredibly inspiring and motivating. I listen to these almost everyday at work, and it enhances my work ethic.

"... At Krasny, when the rearguard got cut off from the rest of the army, Ney angrily rejected calls to surrender. And led his men in an astonishing forced march across enemy territory. Crossing the frozen Dnieper river at night. Personally pulling men from the river when they fell through the ice. Surrounded by cossaks and down to 800 fighting men(from 6000) he formed square and kept moving. Ney was more than a hero to the army, he was its Talisman. 

"Napoleon himself remarked what a soilder. The army is full of brave men. But Michel Ney is truly, the bravest of the brave"

Edited by Raptorsin7