Proserpina

Type compatibility

153 posts in this topic

Which types (in mbti, enneagram,  instinctual variant etc.) do you tend to get along with most? 

I find for myself, as an ISFP,  I get along best with ENTJs.  Which are duals in socionics. 

???????

Ever looked at Objective Personality?  Good typology duo putting the MBTI up to scientific rigor... as best they can I suppose.  

They say people are usually attracted to opposites of their type in terms of their function stack.  This might be more-so for romantically, but I bet it's across the board.  

For example, I think I'm an ISFP jumper, so my stack is Fi-Ni-Se-Te.  Meaning I'm more attracted to and get along more with ExxPs, ideally with stacks that go Se-Te-Fi-Ni.   (Jumper Means... out of the several thousand interviews and people they've typed in their system, they found that for about half the people, their 2nd dominant function is actually the 3rd function in the stack.  So, if I'm a jumper and have a stack that goes Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, then my first dominant function is Ti, but then my 2nd dominant function isn't Ne, it's Si).  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I'm an INFP, and I have found I get along best with NF and SF types, and don't do very well with thinking personalities.  Anyone that I have been very super close to, as a friend or otherwise was an NF, usually ENFPs.  I value emotions and the feeling of bonding that comes with sharing emotions and thinking types generally don't express or have very strong senses of emotion, and I get bored having to dig around for them, assuming they have any to begin with.  And what's there is generally very juvenile and often not very well formed, and so I get embarrassed and turned off by their sloppy displays of feigned emotional depth.

I like them when you want to do something exciting, or if you need an informative essay spewed at you - they're good for that, I suppose...

But with other feeling types, you can just 'get' one another, without words needing to be said, if you feel the same thing, you can speak through the heart and there's something irreplicable and magical about that.  I love being on the same page emotionally with people.

Edited by Loba

I'm INFP and I get along really well with ENTJ. Although it's a thinking type I seem to bring out the emotion of him and I think my Ne feeds his Ni and he enjoys it. We can have very interesting discussions and share some interests.

I also get along pretty well with other types with Fi in first or second slot, so I agree with Loba there. Feeling types and I understand eachother, even if we don't agree on everything. I also get along pretty well with some Fe types like INFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ. Types which show empathy, I find beautiful.

ENTP is also a kind of good match, we see some things very differently but we both like to explore things in a similar Ne way so we look at some things similarly. I think they can be funny in the way they joke with others and more smooth with it than the ST types who seem more likely to be insensitive and hurtful without realising it. Instead ENTP will challenge you in a more clever way so that it feels motivated and fun, and you can see the childlike explorative nature behind their schemes and it makes it feel pure in a sense. They will also be pretty individualistic which is something I like. I prefer when I feel like I'm talking to an original person who is a free soul, not governed by schedules and habits.

INTJ can also work but seems a bit more one sided in the sense that I think the INTJ likes talking with me more than vice versa. He is very introverted which forces me to talk a lot and drive the conversation and I prefer when someone talks a bit more so I don't have to do all the talking all of the time. But he finds my ideas interesting and is understanding.

I think some of the worst matches for an INFP, from my experience, is ISTJ, ESTP, ISTP.

ESTJ seems logical to be a bad match but one of my best friends is an ESTJ and we get along well. It's just we don't often connect emotionally. But he helps me with tips regarding practical things and improving productivity, and gives me gifts. He's one of those friends who helps bring some order to my life but he is probably more healthy than most ESTJs in the sense that he shows respect for my emotions and is open to listen to my ideas, even if he doesn't agree with what I say he doesn't try to change what I'm doing unless I ask him for advice. It's likely I won't get along super with every ESTJ though..

10 hours ago, Loba said:

I'm an INFP, and I have found I get along best with NF and SF types, and don't do very well with thinking personalities.  Anyone that I have been very super close to, as a friend or otherwise was an NF, usually ENFPs.  I value emotions and the feeling of bonding that comes with sharing emotions and thinking types generally don't express or have very strong senses of emotion, and I get bored having to dig around for them, assuming they have any to begin with.  And what's there is generally very juvenile and often not very well formed, and so I get embarrassed and turned off by their sloppy displays of feigned emotional depth.

I like them when you want to do something exciting, or if you need an informative essay spewed at you - they're good for that, I suppose...

But with other feeling types, you can just 'get' one another, without words needing to be said, if you feel the same thing, you can speak through the heart and there's something irreplicable and magical about that.  I love being on the same page emotionally with people.

I don't believe in personality types and that kind of thing, but I would like to have the ability and skill to connect with everyone. I don't know if it's me or you, but you certainly are a hard one to understand. It would be great if you could give some directions and general guidelines on how other people should be interacting with your species.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

I usually get along with ENFPs. 

My last bf was that. I usually get along with most MBTIs. It depends on their level of emotional intelligence across the board. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

1 hour ago, Asayake said:

. I also get along pretty well with some Fe types like INFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ. Types which show empathy, I find beautiful.

Yea these are really nice people imo. Had good interactions with these. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Gesundheit2 Hmmn, let's see, my species likes to live in little gilded cages, away from the troubles of the world.  All we need is a corner with a box full of highly absorbent litter, a mat with a blanket, a snack pack full of junk food and one of those water bottles that they use for hamsters.  Bonus points if you have a laptop, and an exercise wheel is optional.  

On 08/08/2022 at 9:46 AM, Loba said:

Yeah,  I only get along with thinkers who have developed feeling or high compassion or who are considerably high up on the spiral.  

NFs, especially INFPs, are similarly majestic as NTs. They're like special little creatures I want to keep as a collection.  Each unique and gifted.  Not to be creepy.  

???????

15 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I usually get along with ENFPs. 

My last bf was that. I usually get along with most MBTIs. It depends on their level of emotional intelligence across the board. 

Cool.  I think ExxPs and IxxJs, ExxJs and IxxPs get along in general.  Although I've yet to meet an ExxJ other than NT I get along with well. 

INTJs are easy to get along with.  ISFP and INTJ are supposed to be compatible. 

???????

5 hours ago, Proserpina said:

Cool.  I think ExxPs and IxxJs, ExxJs and IxxPs get along in general. 

You might be on to something here because my two closest friends are ENTJ and ESTJ.

On 17/07/2022 at 2:10 AM, Proserpina said:

I find for myself, as an ISFP,  I get along best with ENTJs.  Which are duals in socionics. 

Socionics' theory of duality is complete BS, ime.

In general, sensors go with sensors, intuitives with intuitives.

In theory, ISFP should be most compatible with ESTJ.  INFP with ENTJ.

I'll add.. I can't imagine an ISFP being at all interested in Socionics.  This is deep intuitive territory.  Does not get much more N than this.  I'll just go ahead and say you're an INFP.

Edited by thisintegrated

9 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

@thisintegrated

This run contrary to my experience. As an INTJ, I find I get along very well with types within my quadra -- ENTJ, INTJ, ISFP, ESFP. ENFP is alright but ENTP not so much as we share NO cognitive functions. @Proserpina

Edited by Yali

@thisintegrated Yeah, I can't imagine a little marshmallow like an INFP being good for an EXTJ, they're so busy and often quite militant - they don't have good listening skills.  INFP's are looking for emotions and soft feelings to share with their partner, so I've never really understood why people ship them with thinking judgers so frequently.

I think a healthy ENFJ would be the best match, but they're quite rare to find in good condition.  The Fe + Ni has that kind of "swallow you up, you belong to me, you are part of my tribe forever" kind of affect that the INFP is looking for.  And they're judgers, so they're still able to allow some sense of groundedness.

We like Te to some extent, but not to the point where it takes over our alone-time routines, prevents open ended exploration and stifles us with a schedule.  It just seems odd to me to put an INFP, who is terrible at Te, with Te-doms, while overlooking their need for emotional validation and support from a kind, present partner.

@Loba This isn't based off personal experience but what you think to be true. Go meet an ESTJ and see how you get a long. I think it'll work fine since you'll share the same cognitive functions, which is all that matters.

6 minutes ago, Loba said:

Yeah, I can't imagine a little marshmallow like an INFP being good for an EXTJ, they're so busy and often quite militant - they don't have good listening skil

With ENFJ, you share no cognitive functions -- probably one of the worst matches contrary to popular opinion. It'd be like pairing an athiest with a fundamentalist christain. How can you expect to get along with NO shared values?

Watch this gal. She knows what's she's talking about:

Edited by Yali

@Yali Hi Yali, I have met female ESTJ's and get along with them pretty well, but I just don't think that a male one would be able to give me the emotional connection that I crave in the way that an ENFJ would.  

I don't mind if there are different values, I just like the idea of being in a feelsy, warm, snuggly and happy relationship - granted, I think my fantasies about such things are not indicative of the reality that genuine couples face, but I've never really been able to "feel it" for thinking types, for whatever reason.  They just seem hard-nosed, logical and it's hard to break the shell to see what's really in there, while feeling types often wear their hearts on their sleeves.  I also think that a thinking type would get worn out by my emotions, I have a lot of them, granted they don't just bubble out of me like a geyser, they're still there.

If I did find the right ESTJ and we seemed to click, I wouldn't shun them for having an MBTI type I wasn't interested in, I've just taken note of a common theme with the people that I've met.  More often than not, I have found a lot of temporary compatibility with ENFPs, but they tend to need to move on to the next thing very quickly, they need someone to create a sense of stability for them, and I find they often try to do that for me as best they can before they just can't help but get fixated on the next big, future endeavor.  I get along well with INFJ's as friends, but we are very, very different in how we view the world, I have noticed, it could be similar to the ENFJ that you mentioned.

I did date an ENFJ for nine years, but he was unhealthy.  We never did see eye to eye.  It was like, there was always something that could have been very beautiful right below the surface, but we could never properly connect in a way that gave either of us what we needed.  But I could see the potential in it, if he or I were healthy people, then the relationship would have been very different, but neither of us were completely sound of mind and our problems played against one another.  We would often take year long breaks, come back to it and feel it could start again, only to begin fighting very shortly afterwards.

ESTJ... ESTJ... I guess, I just don't see it.  I feel like my laziness would get on their nerves.  I'm a homebody and quite set in my writing routine, I think they would be happier with someone who has higher Te.  Basically the really structured, busy types kind of put me off because I think they would tire me out, and I would inevitably bore them.  I could do 'more' for a time, but I would eventually get over stimulated and need to retreat, and then the lack of emotional connection would play against it.

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

In general, sensors go with sensors, intuitives with intuitives.

In theory, ISFP should be most compatible with ESTJ.  INFP with ENTJ.

I'll add.. I can't imagine an ISFP being at all interested in Socionics.  This is deep intuitive territory.  Does not get much more N than this.  I'll just go ahead and say you're an INFP.

Hmm... I've had a deep fascination with type theory my entire life.  Spiral dynamics was like candy when I first discovered it.  

Artsu typed me as ISFP.  I can't type myself for shit but I always get INFP on the test.  Thanks for the second opinion.  

???????

My little ENTJ that I spend all my time with has high compassion.  He might be an ENFJ or ENxJ. He is also enneagram 4 sx/so, which helps.  He is driven by and passionate about helping others.  

He gives me lots of snuggles and kisses. Constantly makes me laugh.  

Edited by Proserpina

???????