Proserpina

Type compatibility

153 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

NTPs are sapiosexuals, and would not be interested in ESFJs.  An NTP would find it difficult to even respect an ESFJ.

I thought so too. ESFJs bore me to death, and they usually think I'm a psychopath lol

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

ESFJs bore me to death

@Nilsi Either you're mistyped or you've mistyped others you've interacted with.

Edited by Yali

7 minutes ago, Yali said:

Watch the videos I've suggested if you want an accurate take on MBTI compatibility.

I'm 100% certain, that I'm an INTP. I know some people that took the test and came out ESFJ, and they are the most vanilla people I know. I can't seem to find any way of opening up to these people, and I'm not going to play their little conformist games to please them. Maybe this has nothing to do with their type, but I can only go off the reference experiences I've had.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

18 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I know some people that took the test and came out ESFJ, and they are the most vanilla

If you're an INTP, interactions with ESFJs would be anything but vanilla. @Nilsi

Edited by Yali

2 minutes ago, Yali said:

Then these people must be mistyped because if you're an INTP, interactions with ESFJs would be anything but vanilla. @Nilsi

Maybe. From my experience, ESFPs and ENFPs are what I'm looking for in a girl, and anything xNTx is what I'm looking for in a buddy. Of course, this is only a rough orientation. I'm not going out there and assessing people's types, before I start opening up to them.

@Nilsi 

Befriend types that value your cognitive functions because with those types, you'll feel as though you're speaking the same language, and find them easy to interact with. As an INTP, they'd be types within your quadra: ENTP, INTP, ESFJ, ISFJ.

Edited by Yali

17 hours ago, Yali said:

Watch the videos I've suggested if you want an accurate take on MBTI compatibility.

What's more likely?

1. You have a poor understanding of how MBTI compatibility works

2. Everyone else in the world is wrong, and you're right.

Stop relying on any single theory for finding truth.  Think for yourself.  You have underdeveloped Ti, try to use it more.

All your arguments so far have been "but that theory says this!".  At no point have you made it clear why you think Fi users are most compatible with other Fi users, or why S+N is more compatible than S+S or N+N.  Do such details not seem important to you?

@Yali I forgot I was editing, lol.  Refresh the page.

@Carl-Richard Since you wanted to know what Te users look like, this is it.  Most Te users are just Te users.  You're one of the exceptions.

Edited by thisintegrated

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

Everyone else in the world is wrong, and you're right.

@thisintegrated

Opposing cognitive functions complementing each other doesn't reflect my experiences interacting with different personality types.

Edited by Yali

9 minutes ago, Yali said:

@thisintegrated

I don't agree that opposing cognitive functions complement each other. Your theory doesn't reflect my experiences interacting with different personality types.

Ti usually hates Te.  Where did I say "opposing cognitive functions complement each other"?  It's more complicated than that.

Ti + Ti = comradery / mutual respect

Te + Te = good professional relationship / respect

Ti + Te = long term compatibility when mature

Fi + Fi = conflict

Fe + Fe = good relationship but little compatibility

Fi + Fe = long term compatibility

Si + Si = boring relationship

Se + Se = good professional relationship / respect

Si + Se = good compatibility

Ni + Ni = serious/boring relationship

Ne + Ne = fun friendship + comradery

Ni + Ne = long term compatibility

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated I notice I get along with types that share my cognitive functions. That doesn't jive with your theory, but it's my experience, which Socionics accuratley models.

Edited by Yali

24 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

@Carl-Richard Since you wanted to know what Te users look like, this is it.  Most Te users are just Te users.  You're one of the exceptions.

I'm exceptional B|

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

54 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Where did I say "opposing cognitive functions complement each other"?

@thisintegrated You've just said that here

Ti + Te = long term compatibility when mature

And here

Fi + Fe = long term compatibility

And here

Si + Se = good compatibility

And here

Ni + Ne = long term compatibility

Edited by Yali

Just now, Yali said:

@thisintegrated You've just said it here

And here

And here

And here

I didn't say it's objectively better.

I respect Ti users more, and get on with them better.  But I'm not compatible with them.

@thisintegrated You've claimed opposing functions can be compatible, but I disagree.

Edited by Yali

Just now, Yali said:

@thisintegrated You've claimed that opposing functions can be compatible, which I disagree with.

If two people are Fe doms, who would they go to for Fi?  Fe doesn't have anything of its own, it's only interested in the feelings of others.  So if you can't get Fi from your wife, where would you get Fi from?

3 minutes ago, Yali said:

I don't agree. @thisintegrated

Umm, that's literally the definition of Fe.  Extroverted (aka other) feeling.  Feeling of other people.

Fe users still have unconscious Fi, if that's what you're confused about.  But Fe users are Fe users.

If Fe was Fi, it wouldn't be Fe.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated I don't agree that Fe users rely on Fi to fulfill their function, and that theory is not fundamental to MBTI.

Edited by Yali

1 minute ago, Yali said:

@thisintegrated I don't agree that Fe users rely on Fi to fulfill their function, and that theory is not fundamental to MBTI.

If Fe was Fi, it wouldn't be Fe.

@thisintegrated I believe Fe is Fe, just like you. But I also believe Fe seeks out Fe, whereas you believe Fe seeks out Fi. 

Edited by Yali