Proserpina

Type compatibility

153 posts in this topic

@thisintegrated I've seen that pattern play out in real life frequently.  ISTP and INFJ, ISTJ and INFP, ESFP and ENTJ etc.

ISFJ and ESFP or INFJ and ENFP usually have a platonic or unrequited love feel.  Best friends at most.  

???????

I'm an INTP and I love spending time with ESFPs. The amount of energy and good vibes that these people can tap into always amazes me. I love going out with them. They are like a magnet for new people and opportunities, while I have the wits and good judgement, that helps us navigate the chaos and make the right decisions. I also feel like we bring out the best in each other - while they will do their thing out there and drag me along by the hand, I can use my creativity and wisdom to make them see the world with new eyes. I just love this duo.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

21 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I'm an INTP and I love spending time with ESFPs.

@Nilsi You or your friend must be mistyped because according to Socionics, that's the worse possible match. They're known as relations of conflict and are bound to clash. If you're an INTP, you'd find your dual, ESFJ, a better match.

http://www.socionics.com/rel/dlt.htm

http://www.socionics.com/rel/cnf.htm

Edited by Yali

12 hours ago, Proserpina said:

ISFJ and ESFP or INFJ and ENFP usually have a platonic or unrequited love feel.  Best friends at most.  

These types share no cognitive functions so the potential of their relationship is limited. @Proserpina

ISTP and INFJ, ISTJ and INFP, ESFP and ENTJ etc.

Whereas these types, known as relations of activity, share all cognitive functions and thus ideal for relationship.

http://www.socionics.com/rel/act.htm

Edited by Yali

Maybe they're super awesome people who transcend cognitive function limitations and see the value in one another despite being so different?

*wiggles nostrils*

oreo-the-bunny-oreo.gif

Edited by Loba

@Loba That's possible, but it's more likely that he or his friend is mistyped.

2 minutes ago, Loba said:

Maybe they're super awesome people who transcend cognitive function limitations and see the value in one another despite being so different?

Edited by Yali

2 hours ago, Yali said:

@Nilsi You or your friend must be mistyped because according to Socionics, that's the worse possible match. They're known as relations of conflict and are bound to clash. If you're an INTP, you'd find your dual, ESFJ, to a better match.

LOL I met two people recently that I would both type as ESFPs, and I fucking love being with them. Maybe they are ESFJs as you said, I'm not an expert, they just gave me the vibe of being ESFP.

But idk about this being a mismatch. Even when I consider an ESFP in the abstract, that's the kind of person I want to go on an adventure with. I'm definitely an INTP though.

EDIT: I just read the article and it says ESFP is my best match. I knew it xD

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I'm an INFP a I'd prefer to have close relationships with Feelers. I have some common ground with them. 

I find Thinkers intresting people to talk to when I'm in my intellectual or rational mood or when I need help with practical things. Many times I get disappointed by their emotional dryness, from my perspective I can't belive that people can be that emotionally dry. Still, it's nice when they show some warmth from time to time, even if it's for short and limited periods. 

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

15 hours ago, Proserpina said:

Man, a part of me just wants to be ISFP just so I can be compatible with INTJ in some system. 

You seem so sweet.  Oh, if only you knew - they're single handedly the most narcissistic and psychopathic personality type.  I'm not making that up or over-exaggerating; understanding their own, let alone another person's emotions is nearly impossible for them.

Much like the INFJ, they're an over-idealized personality type - "The Mastermind - LOL" - but to be honest with you, INTJ's chew up and spit out IXFP's.  They're cold, abrasive, sarcastic, arrogant and when it comes to direction in life, they're super wishy-washy and all over the place in many respects - not usually very stable people.  They're aloof and also expect a lot from people.

An ENTP could handle a person like that because they wouldn't be able to get away with shit, it would be seen through and called out on.  But an IXFP would easily become a doormat for this type of person who would grow bored and resentful.  A lot of them are very bitter and secretly harbour feelings of hatred for the world not being at the same intellectual capacity as they are, and they can't "bond" emotionally to people like normal humans have, so they end up becoming like aliens, always on the outside looking in.

ENXJ would be a better match for an IXFP - stable, reliable, if they're feeling type - then sweet and attentive, if thinking type, structured and orderly - actually in the real world.  An ENTJ will take you into their life like a little pet, an INTJ will take you in like a small boy that peels the wings off of innocent bugs and then views them with the eyes of an unfeeling surgeon about to cut into a slice of someone.

12 hours ago, Nilsi said:

they just gave me the vibe of being ESFP.

ESFJs and ESFPs give off similar vibes since according to Socionics, they're "quasi-identical" http://www.socionics.com/rel/qid.htm

But internally, they're very different. And even though you might find an ESFP intriguring, I highly doubt you'd get along  -- at least not in the long-term. You'd be better off interacting with types within your quadra (ESFJ, ISFJ, INTP, ENTP).

12 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I just read the article and it says ESFP is my best match.

In Socionics, for all introverted types,  J & P flip. So as an INTP, you'd be considered INTj.

If you want an accurate take on MBTI compatibility, here ya go:

@Nilsi

Edited by Yali

4 hours ago, Yali said:

@Nilsi You or your friend must be mistyped because according to Socionics, that's the worse possible match. They're known as relations of conflict and are bound to clash. If you're an INTP, you'd find your dual, ESFJ, to a better match.

Well that's just Socionics.  And what do you mean by INTP?  INTp?  INTj?  Are you even aware that INTP is INTj?

NTPs are sapiosexuals, and would not be interested in ESFJs.  An NTP would find it difficult to even respect an ESFJ.

46 minutes ago, Loba said:

An ENTJ will take you into their life like a little pet, an INTJ will take you in like a small boy that peels the wings off of innocent bugs and then views them with the eyes of an unfeeling surgeon about to cut into a slice of someone.

Pretty accurate tbh.

8 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

NTPs are sapiosexuals, and would not be interested in ESFJs.  An NTP would find it difficult to even respect an ESFJ.

xNTPs and xSFJs, although different in temperament, belong to the same quadra and thus can establish fulfilling relationships. But we're not going to agree on that because you believe you know better.

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/quadras/

@thisintegrated

Edited by Yali

48 minutes ago, Yali said:

xNTPs and xSFJs, although different in temperament, belong to the same quadra and thus have the most potential to have a fulfilling relationship. But we're not going to agree on this since you think you know better.

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/quadras/

@thisintegrated

You're saying.. "Socionics says x, therefore x must be true".  You're sourcing Socionics.. in your argument for Socionics?  I mean, I know you're a Te user.. but that's just pointless circular reasoning.  It's like me saying "@thisintegrated said you're wrong, so you must be wrong".

59 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

And what do you mean by INTP?  INTp?  INTj?  Are you even aware that INTP is INTj?

By ignoring this, I'm guessing it's your first time hearing about it?

7 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

You're sourcing Socionics.. in your argument for Socionics?

I'm arguing for Socionics beacuse the model accurately reflects my experiences interacting with different personality types.

Why else would I be advocating for it? 

@thisintegrated

Edited by Yali

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

And what do you mean by INTP?  INTp?  INTj?  Are you even aware that INTP is INTj?

???

Cause that changes your arguments completely if you were actually talking about different types unintentionally.

5 minutes ago, Yali said:

The reason I'm arguing for Socionics is beacuse it accurately models my experience interacting with different personality types. Why else would I be advocating for it? @thisintegrated

I never suggested it's wrong to advocate for Socionics.  It's only wrong to use circular reasoning.

CS Joseph says Socionics doesn't work, so therefore we must conclude that Socionics doesn't work.  You see the problem if I made a statement like that?  My source would be biased, just like yours is when you use the Socionics website as evidence for your claims.

Is circular reasoning really such a hard concept to grasp?  I really shouldn't have to be explaining this stuff.

Edited by thisintegrated

when you use the Socionics website as evidence for your claims.

I'm not using a website as evidence for my claims but my life experiences interacting with different personality types, which Socionics accurately models.

@thisintegrated

Cause that changes your arguments completely if you were actually talking about different types unintentionally.

I was using MBTI's dichotomies.

Edited by Yali

2 hours ago, Loba said:

You seem so sweet.  Oh, if only you knew - they're single handedly the most narcissistic and psychopathic personality type.  I'm not making that up or over-exaggerating; understanding their own, let alone another person's emotions is nearly impossible for them.

Maybe I'll admire from far,  far,  far away.  I met an INTJ (in psychosis - in my head) once and they almost broke my soul.   I'm a shell of my previous self.  

Next time I won't be so quick to jump in.  They can sit, alone, with their suffering. 

Edited by Proserpina

???????

@Proserpina As one of the entities you speak with, or a person who you met and found their way into your thoughts?
I'm sorry to hear that - such a thing happened with my ENFJ bf years ago, but I am mostly recovered now, it's been about 6 years.
I mean, any type can be friends, but for long term compatibility, they generally don't work well - but just as casual acquaintances, or friends, their ni-te is helpful, and they seem to like our fi-ne in short bursts.  Most aren't good relationship material because they are callous/treat their partners unkindly/view others from a lens of what is wrong with them, how to fix it, people become projects instead of people, things of this nature.

Female ones, though, make fantastic friends.  They're much softer and a bit more emotional.  They can still be arrogant, but they seem to, from what I have seen, reserve that for the opposite sex or people who are really rude to them.

This thread has turned into INTJ hour for some reason. :P 

I'm gunna head out now because I don't have much more to add, I actually don't have a lot of long-term experience - sans my female friend - with this type of person and so there's not a whole lot more I have to mention on them.  I could write pages and pages on ENFJ's due to real world experience, but beyond what I've mentioned, I am out of my element, almost as much as with sensors, of which I pretty much know nothing about.

In terms of the intuitives:

ENFJs think I'm weird and awkward

ENFPs ignore me

INFJs pat me on the head and go their own way. Ignore me. 

INTJs break my heart

INTPs usually idolise me so I avoid them. 

ENTPs treat me like a charity case

ENTJs are the only type who stick by me long enough for a relationship (6 years with previous SO.  4 years with my current S.O.)

???????

ENFJ - Manipulate me and use me, suck me dry for years and then leave.  Sex is good, though.  Met a few casually and they were wonderful, so I think mine was just unhealthy.

ENFP - Becomes my best friend before leaving me because they're too involved with the drug scene/ get tired of my neediness/ need for new experiences.  Has a mirroring quality to them that we both like to look into and there is a lot of mutual love.

INFJ - I get along with them well enough, but find them kind of shallow/placating to other people, while being judgmental underneath the façade, or super generous people with a lot of skills and talents who are nice to everyone and deserve a good life.

INTJ - Females are amazing, with a lot of similar goals and values - males are mutual kitty cat scratchies and or emotional/intellectual incompatibility and or I don't feel one way or the other for most of them.

INTP - Super cool people, I have not met many I don't like.  Open minded, very smart, and genuine.  I would date one if we had common interests/were in the age range I was looking for.  One of my fave intuitives.

ENTP - Not emotional enough for me romantically, but I adore their sense of humour and desire to play, they make me feel mutually playful and happy to be around them.  Great as friends for sure.

ENTJ - Knew a female one and we clashed a bit, only know of these unicorns from online forums and reading about them.  I couldn't say entirely what it would be like to know one as I have not had much time around them.  I would either feel intimidated or perhaps safe in their structured lives, one or the other.