Proserpina

Type compatibility

153 posts in this topic

Honestly, I think these things should just be used as general guides - most people will get along with each other if they try.  Imagine finding someone really great for you, then using this system and dismissing them?  They can be used to help guide people in the right direction to finding people that are more compatible, but on further inspection, one can indeed get too militant with MBTI.  Balance.  It was nice talking with everyone here, but I've had my fill of MBTI for a while so I am going to bow out.  

9 minutes ago, Loba said:

Ni-Fi's don't actually generally ghost people.  They observe you first, then speak with you.  They'll ghost you before speaking to you, but once they reach out - this isn't a trait they often have.  It's usually Fi-Ne users that ghost others, and sometimes Ne-Fi.

Maybe you're right.  But I know INTJs really care about loyalty, and they're so scared of being betrayed that they're very likely to betray first just so they don't get betrayed themselves.  And I think Ni and Fi, in general, are likely to ghost when it's determined there's no more value to a connection.

9 minutes ago, Loba said:

I don't know much about the mating habits of sensors to qualify to add anything here.

LOL

5 minutes ago, Yali said:

@thisintegrated

So do you feel I as an INTJ would get along with an ESFJ?

No..  MBTI states that N types are only compatible with N types.

CS Joesph thinks so. He thinks we're one of the most compatible pairing, which is just laughable because that does not at all reflect my experience with that type. 

CS Joseph's a bit of an idiot imo (doesn't even accept the theory of evolution), but still many of his ideas are right.

Instead, Socionics hits it on the nail -- http://www.socionics.com/rel/cnf.htm

Naaaaah.

4 minutes ago, Yali said:

WJFGjPfNz3lqLNoeTDkfMY0e3XSYvrnUyop_y39Uh_wq8rUUQECfk9s1XTOQ2F4i4TnHA2KU2hTH-8rd-rRZMGgDl4aFHCtAo7FdEo4qVXBypMEx4If6-47RlkG_O4pEM.png

I've even made my own versions of this chart in the past.  What's your point here?

In MBTI INTJ + ENTP is called the "golden pair".  Here it's not even given a name and referred to as the "shadow function relationship" which doesn't say anything.

Also how is ENTP a Guardian type?  ENTPs are "intellectuals".

MBTI Typegrid v2.jpg

@thisintegrated We're going to have to agree to disagree.

Unlike MBTI, Socionics ITR has reflected my personal interactions with people.

Edited by Yali

5 minutes ago, Loba said:

Honestly, I think these things should just be used as general guides - most people will get along with each other if they try.  Imagine finding someone really great for you, then using this system and dismissing them?  They can be used to help guide people in the right direction to finding people that are more compatible, but on further inspection, one can indeed get too militant with MBTI.  Balance.  It was nice talking with everyone here, but I've had my fill of MBTI for a while so I am going to bow out.  

That's true, but it's more useful to be able to conclude "she was a sensor, so of course it didn't work" than "I guess relationships just aren't for me!" or "everyone's stupid". If you can never get along with sensors, then you know that humanity's not the problem, just sensors??

@thisintegrated

I'd advise you to get your head out of the theory and go and actually talk to people, then come back and reevaluate.

Edited by Yali

21 minutes ago, Yali said:

@thisintegrated

I'd advise you to get your head out of the theory and go and actually talk to people, then come back and reevaluate.

You know how rare INTJ women are?  I've talked to dozens of them.  I have some experience with most types.

My experience confirms MBTI and SD theory.

Can't imagine how ISFJ (dual) is in any way compatible with ENTPs.  Most boring, most traditional people who don't value anything an ENTP cares about or offers.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated

Can't imagine how ISFJ (dual) is in any way compatible with ENTPs.

That's funny because the CIA spy in the video you posted is an ENTP married to an ISFJ. 

Edited by Yali

1 minute ago, Yali said:

@thisintegrated

It's funny because the CIA spy in the video you posted is an ENTP married to an ISFJ. 

You can make any kind of relationship work with a bit of effort.

Maybe it goes to show that we all have our preferences at the end of the day.

Sometimes you need an intellectual sparring partner, sometimes you need a sandwich maker who remembers to wash your underwear for you.

2 minutes ago, Loba said:

Maybe it goes to show that we all have our preferences at the end of the day.

Sometimes you need an intellectual sparring partner, sometimes you need a sandwich maker who remembers to wash your underwear for you.

This is a common argument I hear.  "impractical people need a practical partner to take care of the boring stuff".  But making food, cleaning, etc. all takes less than an hour a day.  It's really not even a problem for someone who hates chores.  

4 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

This is a common argument I hear.  "impractical people need a practical partner to take care of the boring stuff".  But making food, cleaning, etc. all takes less than an hour a day.  It's really not even a problem for someone who hates chores.  

*takes a look around disheveled bedroom*  Ahem.
*sniffs*  I'll do it tomorrow.  Martyr's mantra.

1 minute ago, Loba said:

*takes a look around disheveled bedroom*  Ahem.
*sniffs*  I'll do it tomorrow.  Martyr's mantra.

My hypothetical perfect ISFJ wife:  "omg! @thisintegrated !! Look at the mess you made!  I'll have to vacuum your office right now!"

Me:  "shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!"

@thisintegrated What's your perfect INTJ wife in this scenario?  

"Let me tie you up tonight, and plan over the next six months - in great detail - your unsolvable cold case murder."

Just now, Loba said:

@thisintegrated What's your perfect INTJ wife in this scenario?  

She'd probably ask me about work and actually have something to contribute.

Just now, Loba said:

"Let me tie you up tonight, and plan over the next six months - in great detail - your unsolvable cold case murder."

Must be careful not to fall for a red INTJ^_^

Man, a part of me just wants to be ISFP just so I can be compatible with INTJ in some system. 

Those Maynard look-a-likes.  Mm.  Mm.  Mm. 

(Hope my ENTJ doesn't see this. Eek.)

???????

1 minute ago, Proserpina said:

Man, a part of me just wants to be ISFP just so I can be compatible with INTJ in some system. 

Those Maynard look-a-likes.  Mm.  Mm.  Mm. 

(Hope my ENTJ doesn't see this. Eek.)

Pretty sure INTJs hate ISFPs with a passion.