bambi

The point of awakening - Leo?

33 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura So like you and many others it seems I've found myself somehow on this journey to 'awakening'. After many months of silent meditation retreats, lots of pyschedlic experiences, God realizations, I am always back in my apartment, with my job, same relationships, different perspective perhaps, but what is the point? Life continues ? Or is there some other point to this Im missing? 

'Awakening' is great it recontextualzies everything, but at the end of the day, life must continue, and just play the role  we are here to do

OR

Are you suggesting there is something else to do here, awaken to nibanna, to fall back asleep, or design life to reduce suffering, increase connectiviy and acceptence etc etc

All Im asking fundementally is: Yes I am God, but then what? Like the old zen stories, nothing special, back to work? Or are you stipulating something else? its just not clear to me

Appreciate all the support

Nothing has a point.  Everything is just what it Is but you project meaning and purpose on top of it to help you navigate life .but the cold truth is that the universe is indifferent and it doesn't matter in the slightest bit what you choose to do with your life . But with awakening you can realize that there is no point and be happy and satisfied about it .because you no  longer try to achieve anything or get anywhere. There is nothing to achieve and nowhere to go .just enjoy the ride .go sky diving or somethin'.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Collect wood, carry water. 

There’s no point 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Collect wood, carry water. 

There’s no point 

I second this. Although “because I like it/because I want to” is a completely valid reason. 

“Work on awakening until normal life becomes more desirable than further awakenings” would be my personal recommendation. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

7 hours ago, bambi said:

@Leo Gura So like you and many others it seems I've found myself somehow on this journey to 'awakening'. After many months of silent meditation retreats, lots of pyschedlic experiences, God realizations, I am always back in my apartment, with my job, same relationships, different perspective perhaps, but what is the point? Life continues ? Or is there some other point to this Im missing? 

'Awakening' is great it recontextualzies everything, but at the end of the day, life must continue, and just play the role  we are here to do

OR

Are you suggesting there is something else to do here, awaken to nibanna, to fall back asleep, or design life to reduce suffering, increase connectiviy and acceptence etc etc

All Im asking fundementally is: Yes I am God, but then what? Like the old zen stories, nothing special, back to work? Or are you stipulating something else? its just not clear to me

Appreciate all the support

You say you are God.  But is this a belief?  Becoming it should fulfill the burning need the ego has for some point to life.  The point is itself.  It is reality itself. But to realize that you must realize you are reality itself- at the level of Being not concept.  And this is synonymous with Absolute Love. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You say you are God.  But is this a belief?  Becoming it should fulfill the burning need the ego has for some point to life.  The point is itself.  It is reality itself. But to realize that you must realize you are reality itself- at the level of Being not concept.  And this is synonymous with Absolute Love. 

Yes. Which is what @bambi has not yet realized because if he did he would never ask Leo such a silly question, but instead he would ask himself (God) and would know the answer (Love)

Edited by Michael Jackson

1 minute ago, Michael Jackson said:

Yes. Which is what @bambi has not yet realized because if he did he would never ask Leo such a stupid question, but instead he would ask himself (God) and would know the answer (Love)

Precisely...he wouldn't have to ask Leo because he would know he is Leo.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The answer is you would fall in love with anything. He mentioned it on a video that when you truly awaken a door stopper will amaze you with its beauty. So the point is all of life becomes amazing, you basically enter heaven on Earth in perspective. Think of wearing glasses that you can put on that make you see love everywhere, except those glasses...are permanently on forever.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

And what's the point of not-awakening?

Since God is One, there cannot be a point outside itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What's "better" than finding out you're God creating everything and fooling yourself. It's the best joke ever. :D

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

10 minutes ago, puporing said:

What's "better" than finding out you're God creating everything and fooling yourself. It's the best joke ever. :D

@puporing Have you had any insights that helped you understand the paradox of how each of us who goes deep enough can awaken to realize we are the only singular God? 

Edited by Matthew85

30 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@puporing Have you had any insights that helped you understand the paradox of how each of us who goes deep enough can awaken to realize we are the only singular God? 

"Each of us" is just an illusion so God can know and express itself in "infinite ways", and express its love to "another", and not feel totally alone, as "nothing".

At some point in its creation and knowing itself it will eat its own tail because it is trying to understand itself and that is why there's a thirst within "us" to find out about "reality", I feel that it is the same kind of intention as to why God created everything. 

"Eating its own tail" isn't a bad thing, it feels like a new beginning and possibilities. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

32 minutes ago, puporing said:

"Each of us" is just an illusion so God can know and express itself in "infinite ways", and express its love to "another", and not feel totally alone, as "nothing".

@puporing Our persona may be an illusion but our conscious awareness isn't. 

What puzzles me is if I went deep enough you would only be a character I am imagining and I would be the same for you. But I am not just an NPC character. The Matthew persona may be a character, but the conscious awareness observing is real. So who is imagining who here? A friend of mine on 5-Meo, like Leo realized he was constructing his family and everyone in his life. Eventually he went so deep he was all alone. The only conscious being that exists. I'm encouraging him to do some 5-Meo trips with a partner to hopefully get some insights into this paradox. I suspect if they both break through they will realize they are both God constructing each other. That will be quite the mindfck. It could provide some interesting insights. 

Leo would say I am the only conscious being that exists. I created him, actualized.org, this forum, etc. I feel hesitant to accept this as true. That would deny that Leo could be this amazing conscious being that worked hard creating all this fantastic insightful content. It may be the truth, I don't know. I just don't want to delude myself with false belief's. The only way I will find the answer is to awaken deeper. 

Edited by Matthew85

There's only the one imagining everything, including imagining "multiple Gods". Whatever you come up with ultimately is in the one.

"Multiple Gods" is just yet another layer of imagining of "the other", and if you want to imagine it so, it would be so. It's yet another trick to fool yourself/God into thinking that there's more than one of you. But yes don't just take my word.. 

Edited by puporing

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And what's the point of not-awakening?

Since God is One, there cannot be a point outside itself.

What Im saying is, awakening and non awakening seems pointless, unless there is somewhere to go or something to do lol.

At least within Buddhist context, there is a goal of reducing suffering, the art of living peacefully

But the context here just seems to be: yeah you can have peak experiences were your concious your god, these will wear off quickly, and your back to your normal life, seems completely pointless too, who cares whether you realise your God or not, it doesn't change anything

just work to have the life you want. there are no limits, and the beauty is enormous. once you've dropped the ballast, the path is the goal.

13 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yeh got all that, doesnt answer the question 

The point of awakening is true happiness, peace, love independent of phenomenological condition. This is not only the most precious gift you can give yourself, but it is the most precious gift you can give all beings. 

34 minutes ago, Consilience said:

This is not only the most precious gift you can give yourself, but it is the most precious gift you can give all beings.

@Consilience What is your perspective on the realization that there aren't other beings? You are the only conscious being that exists? Have you reached this insight in any of your awakenings? 

@Matthew85 he's speaking relatively.

Relatively we are separate. Absolutely we are one. And by relative, I mean the false self. We are all relative, separate beings that share the same Self/awareness.