Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

What do you think about Anna Brown ?

21 posts in this topic

Listening to her helps me to bring a sense of peace and ease my body
I like listening her videos when I'm on the bus or when I go for a walk 

here's a video

She's very nice to look at, but her message gets a bit same-y. I subscribed at one point but unsubscribed after a few videos because it was just the same message over and over.

I wonder what she's like as a person off-camera. She always seems "in character" and is very one-dimensional, only talks about enlightenment stuff, never lets the audience in to know her as a person. I have a hard time imagining her actually functioning in day-to-day life. But if she talked the way she talks in her videos 24/7, she probably would be a ranting homeless person. Funny to imagine this same person screaming at their kids.

Even someone like Ralph Smart (Infinite Waters), you can get the impression that he knows he's playing it up a bit and putting on an act, and he has a bit of a sense of humor about it. Anna seems to take herself very seriously. Someone like Teal Swan is also really serious but idk... she actually talks like a human being. Anna is like an enlightenment cyborg hahaha

Edited by Yarco

This time, let's discuss her looks in a more explicit way. Come on guys, we can do it!

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

This time, let's discuss her looks in a more explicit way. Come on guys, we can do it!

She's hot, I only watch her because she's hot. If the same message was coming from an ugly dude I wouldn't be watching it.

8 minutes ago, Yarco said:

She's hot, I only watch her because she's hot. If the same message was coming from an ugly dude I wouldn't be watching it.

Said 90% of her audience :DxD

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Same ol neo advaita dribble. Not helpful for those wanting to reach authentic realization/liberation, a decent description of ultimate reality for those who are awake. Just one of many neo advaita youtube channels, almost like fast food spirituality. 

10 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Same ol neo advaita dribble. Not helpful for those wanting to reach authentic realization/liberation, a decent description of ultimate reality for those who are awake. Just one of many neo advaita youtube channels, almost like fast food spirituality. 

I would consider it radical nonduality, not neo advaita. With that said, yeah it is just like watching Netflix. Unless of course one is actually serious and is really grappling with the message to the point where fear is felt -- if they stay in the body with those sensations right in the center of where it's most painful, then that's as good awakening practice as any. Again though it's just like watching Netflix if they aren't actually serious about their practice, in which case they don't need radical nonduality.

@Gabith She sounds wack-a-doodle-doo. I understand her, but she's largely not explaining things very well when it could be done. I would certainly be elaborating on the part about nobody being inside your body, I have some killer pointers on that tbh.

49 minutes ago, The0Self said:

I would consider it radical nonduality, not neo advaita. With that said, yeah it is just like watching Netflix. Unless of course one is actually serious and is really grappling with the message to the point where fear is felt -- if they stay in the body with those sensations right in the center of where it's most painful, then that's as good awakening practice as any. Again though it's just like watching Netflix if they aren't actually serious about their practice, in which case they don't need radical nonduality.

That’s true. If she can transmit the fear of non-existence/death through the pointings, it could be very helpful. It just ‘seems’ as though most minds end up adopting beliefs rather than seeing clearly. But then if those minds were to sit alone quietly for hours on end they’d just be distracted, lost in fabrication and delusion. Which of course is not separate from the truth yet the paradox being there is no recognition of the truth, nor the recognition of the truth of the lack of recognizing the truth. 

6 minutes ago, Consilience said:

That’s true. If she can transmit the fear of non-existence/death through the pointings, it could be very helpful. It just ‘seems’ as though most minds end up adopting beliefs rather than seeing clearly. But then if those minds were to sit alone quietly for hours on end they’d just be distracted, lost in fabrication and delusion. Which of course is not separate from the truth yet the paradox being there is no recognition of the truth, nor the recognition of the truth of the lack of recognizing the truth. 

Definitely. One can definitely go that route with Jim Newman, etc, but generally compromise (i.e. actual teaching xD) is extremely helpful. Someone with a good balance in this regard is Nargis. I'll link her playlist of one-on-one's for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ybOLXOL8gw&list=PLCWf43MvphNlSRHFEFebwDR3KhAIJZp2G

If listening to her makes you feel at peace, keep doing it. Maybe she's a good match for you but not for everyone else.

I am guessing that she's been through a lot of trauma in her life, and that some of this remains unresolved.

I say this because her delivery seems to lack a certain effortlessness - rather it seems to have some subtle remnant anger within it. This is just noticeable enough to make the message slightly less convincing or less appealing. 

I do not dispute her good intentions which appear quite obvious.

Someone like Jim Newman delivers the same message but with a more obvious freedom and effortlessness. He also has one of the most natural and infectious laughs I've ever heard. So that makes him more engaging in my opinion.

Apparently.

My girlfriend had a live call with her and told me that it was just a very genuine conversation between two people. She never pretended to be an "enlightened teacher" and just spoke to her as an equal. My girlfriend got a lot out of the call. And her message isn't just "neo advaita garbage" it's just reality... and she likes to express in an authentic and poetic way. Even if it guides or helps 1 person to awakening... I think that's just beautiful.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

13 hours ago, axiom said:

am guessing that she's been through a lot of trauma in her life, and that some of this remains unresolved.

I say this because her delivery seems to lack a certain effortlessness - rather it seems to have some subtle remnant anger within it. This is just noticeable enough to make the message slightly less convincing or less appealing. 

accurate and subtle perception imo

Non-duality will never be a popular message for the separate sense of self.

In fact it hates this message because it doesn't give it anything to grasp ahold of and work towards.... it doesn't give an illusion any practices because it denies its very existence which is like kryptonite to it.... the message attempts to reveal the unreality of the separate sense of self which is attempting to find or obtain something called enlightenment.

It's hilarious to read these so-called negative comments about Anna Brown's message.

It's essentially like somebody that's never been to Hawaii attempting to describe what Hawaii is like and why you should or should not go there. 

Her communication is 99% spot on.... she does add in a little bit of extra dramatization for rating purposes but that's expected of course. 

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

If you like her communication you might also like these: 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I don't resonate with the lecturing tone in which the message is conveyed. Seems like she is lacking in compassion and sensitivity. However, her message is clear and on point.

Nowdays youtube is swarmed with all those Tony Parsons derivatives that it is impossible to know if someone is "realized" or just parroting Parsons/Newman. It isn't that hard to create a replica model of the "uncompromised message" in the mind, specifically because it is such a good description. They might say over and over that "the mind can't get this" or "it is completely hopeless" and "no one can hear this message", but the mind is a lot trickier than that. 

imo the message is very superficial. if this is neo advaita, it is an empty message, which does not understand or want to understand....because there is nothing to understand in her opinion. But you can know. She says the ego is not real, that it is a construction made for survival. ok, yes, and? that's completely obvious. and yet you are. they say: but you are nothing and there is nothing to understand.  you still are. I think she speaks from logic, from avoidance and from dogma. Without will to really go deep. There is nothing, but nothing is, and there start the thing, no finish. They think they are enlightened and they stopped in the first step

Edited by Breakingthewall