Matthew85

The trap of thinking the ego mind is the totality of God

100 posts in this topic

gettoefl is not god

god is gettoefl

and tons besides

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you truly awaken there won't be any other minds.

You are not yet conscious that you are imagining them.

@Leo Gura Where some seem to get confused is in feeling their ego mind is imagining all other minds. 

9 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

To me, it's the answer that makes the most sense. Anyway, why would the speakers be holding an event if no one's there to receive the message? Maybe they meant to say something else. 

@michaelcycle00 I asked about this during the q and a. They basically said they are all that exists and I am a projection of their mind and I am all that exists interacting with a projection of my mind when I perceive I am interacting with them. It's a paradox. 

Edited by Matthew85

1 hour ago, Vincent S said:

Beautiful. Of course it is so. But to lead an ego mind in to either trap (ego thinking it is God, or ego thinking that there never was anything) can cause a lot of unwarranted suffering, new illusions and set people off to the deep end. Psyche of a human is very very fragile.

I know you mean well with your posts. And kinda have to meet where people are, and reflect back to them what and where they are stuck at, but sometimes we make more harm than good by telling them they are God. Yes they are, but not in the way they "think".

What I was trying to say in my previous post was: Don't fall in to the trap of believing you are God in the sense that you "think" you are God. Likewise, of not falling in to the neo-advaita trap and denying everything that is and calling it: "There are only seeming things happening. I don't exist." But who Is saying then that this "I" don't exist?
People can take that and be completely disillusioned with everything they do, and they become this detached zombie in the world, going in to their thoughts and thinking that they don't exist. Which won't lead them to awaken in to their true Nature.

@Michael Jackson Please don't see this as me pointing this whole thing at you. I'm not. I'm pointing to the reader and the writer ;)

@Vincent S yes, this is very true. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

43 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Michael Jackson What is your definition of illusion? What do you call the awareness that is you and always present?

My deepest awakenings felt closer to all self than no self. 

@Matthew85 An illusion is a fiction / a story. The "me/I/myself" in a personal sense is completely fictional. It has no existence of its own.

The omnipresent awareness however IS existence itself. It is absolute, and it exists. 

The "personal I" also exists, but only as a fiction/as an idea. The idea exists. But in truth there is no ego.

Full awakening will reveal all of existence as Self. 

Edited by Michael Jackson

47 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@michaelcycle00 I asked about this during the q and a. They basically said they are all that exists and I am a projection of their mind and I am all that exists interacting with a projection of my mind when I perceive I am interacting with them. It's a paradox. 

Well, that would be true, there's just no one separate who has a mind. There's just this timeless infinite -- when it's all one, it's all done/none. There's no true self, so any view which involves a self-other split, experience of moving through time, or ownership, is fabricated.

1 hour ago, Michael Jackson said:

The omnipresent awareness however IS existence itself. It is absolute, and it exists. 

@Michael Jackson But couldn't this be called self? It's just a much more expansive self. 

20 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Well, that would be true, there's just no one separate who has a mind. There's just this timeless infinite -- when it's all one, it's all done/none. There's no true self, so any view which involves a self-other split, experience of moving through time, or ownership, is fabricated.

@The0Self They seem to be saying their personality mind was all that exists and was projecting their entire experience. While I have many experiences of my Matthew personality projecting my desires and having them show up in this waking dream I call my life, thinking that my ego mind is all that exists and is creating the entire world feels somewhat deluded and incomplete to me. 

to say that the ego does not exist is not correct. you can realize infinity, but the ego will come back. It is like saying: your body does not exist, there is only infinity. the ego are solid patterns, the same as the body. ultimately everything is an idea of infinity, but it exists as such. 

3 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

I like this. To me ego feels like a lens or filter that limits or contracts our expansiveness. 

Glad you like it. When you reach your true self you can see without eyes, hear without ears, feel without a physical body, and you feel huge and expansive. Not limited as you do in this human form. The irony is the closer you get to death also....the more you realize that you aren't in the body, the body is in YOU!!! LOL that throws you REAL OFF.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Finitude appearing within and consisting of the only unlimited existence there is....... What an oddity.

What do you feel is happening when someone awakens and feels their ego mind is all that exists? Do they need deeper awakening's? My deepest desire is truth, not adopting a deluded belief. Some may say it's unknowable, but I feel it is. 

16 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

What do you feel is happening when someone awakens and feels their ego mind is all that exists? Do they need deeper awakening's? My deepest desire is truth, not adopting a deluded belief. Some may say it's unknowable, but I feel it is. 

Truth is the scariest thing there is. If you really wanted it, you would have it. The way this game called reality works...when you put out an intention it comes to you. Go meditate, take a psychedelic and contemplate on the true nature of absolute truth you will DEFINITELY FIND IT.

Absolute truth is absolute acceptance of everything. Rape, murder, genocide, torture. Absolute truth is that all of the horrible tragedies that ever existed YOU DID IT! Absolute truth is you are a sadist, a murderer, a serial killer, but you were also the Saint, Jesus, Buddha. 

You are both the darkness and the light. It was all you. Can you accept that? When a horrible tragedy you seen happen around you and you get frustrated and feel sorry for them can you accept that YOU are the one doing it to them?

Can you enter a bad trip and get tortured by your own fears, enter hell, and accept the punishment and judgment you have decided to give yourself and accept it lovingly?

Absolute truth isn't sunshine. Its Brutal!!! And only an infinite loving, formless being can truly accept it all with a loving embrace.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

4 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Michael Jackson But couldn't this be called self? It's just a much more expansive self. 

It's the most fundamental identity of the ego. It can be realized with awakening. But there is no identity or ego -- its lie is simply 'I am.' It can burn itself out and give way to liberation. It's a very common resting place -- many are afraid to go beyond it and so they call it the absolute or enlightenment, though they actually believe it, they don't realize there's more.

6 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

I like this. To me ego feels like a lens or filter that limits or contracts our expansiveness. 

Bingo!! You got it!!! That is why we argue so much in life. Different lens or filter. Now there is a state you can get to where you can connect to the infinite and feel the  state of no difference. Problem is the moment you try to communicate those revelations, it will be filtered through your lens. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Benton said:

I have totally done this before. 
It was only with a recent experience with shiva yantra that I broke that bubble. 
I realized I was one of Shiva’s infinite incarnations. And then I realized no..

I am all of Shiva/Reality. Shiva yantra is good for realizing you are Shiva/connecting to your infinite mind as God.
This was not a permanent realization.

@Benton Interesting. Thank you! I have never worked with yantra's. 

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

The way this game called reality works...when you put out an intention it comes to you.

@Razard86 So true. It's pretty magical how the universe always responds to focused intentions. 

What felt off and incomplete was saying that my finite Matthew mind was imagining my entire universe.

1 hour ago, Benton said:

I realized I was one of Shiva’s infinite incarnations. And then I realized no..

I am all of Shiva/Reality.

@Benton I speculate it is the holographic nature of consciousness that leads to these experiences. So any experience a fragment of consciousness has is accessible to all other fragments and would be indistinguishable from your own experience. 

The problem is what the ego mind thinks the ego mind is. Ego mind is so twisted that it cannot understand itself and it cannot know what non-ego mind is. The ego has completely co-opted experience to create itself. You actually believe that your experience is something personal as opposed to absolute. You actually believe you have a life and that this life can end while other lives continue. You actually believe there is stuff outside your life.

All these are illusions of the ego, and when the ego collapses all of that will get radically recontextualized.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.