What Is Your Favorite Video Game?

88 posts in this topic

What is your favorite game? 

What is your favorite co-op game?

What is your favorite retro game?

What is your favorite online FPS?

Edited by Average Investor

The Last of Us. It has the best story.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

I don't play anymore but past favorites:

Transistor, Starcraft, Ragnarok Online, Stardew Valley, Bastion, Metal Gear Solid 1& 3, Portal, Persona, Catherine, Tearaway, Journey, Moonlighter ?

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Just now, puporing said:

I don't play anymore but past favorites:

Transistor, Starcraft, Ragnarok Online, Stardew Valley, Bastion, Metal Gear Solid 1& 3, Portal, Persona, Catherine, Tearaway, Journey, Moonlighter ?

I was obsessed with StarCraft when I was in my teens. Great strategy game.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

1 minute ago, The Mystical Man said:

I was obsessed with StarCraft when I was in my teens. Great strategy game.

Yeah it was a lot of fun lmao. : ) I used to stay up to watch Korean esports tournaments, good times.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

28 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

I don't play anymore but my favourite games of all time were Zelda: ocarina of time and Zelda: Majora's Mask, then Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3, the older GTA games from the very first to San Andreas

It used to be counter strike (mostly source, sometimes 1.6).

1 hour ago, Average Investor said:

For me it used to be Counter strike 1.6. I played it normally, and i played it with zombies too.

1 hour ago, Average Investor said:

I don't play it anymore, but i think my favorite would be minecraft. It may sound just a childgame but it has many many possibilities and you can do so many different things in it. You can fully play out your creativity, you can find your own style of playing it. And even if you would get bored from the vanilla, you can play modded versions.

2 hours ago, puporing said:

Yeah it was a lot of fun lmao. : ) I used to stay up to watch Korean esports tournaments, good times.

That's awesome, who was your favorite player? I spent WAY too much time wanting to be good at StarCraft, got Grandmaster in SC2 as Terran and then had to quit because it wasn't even fun anymore, playing was like going to work xD

hrhrhtewgfegege

2 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Runescape. It was many years now since I last played it but that game was freaking beautiful. And I'm not talking about Runescape 3 or Oldschool Runescape, but Runescape 3 before they made it into Runescape 3(they changed combat system, trading system, a lot of what made the game what it was). That game taught me a lot about life(street smarts, patience, English skills and more). It has a nostalgic charm to it for me that reminds me of the good times of my childhood. Beautiful music and surprisingly good/witty lore in the quests, almost meditative at times when you would spend hours just clicking on trees for no real reason. My mom used to say the game will still be there once I've finished my homework. I get why she said that but... she lied :(

There are a lot of games I've played and enjoyed, but if you put a virtual (or real) gun to my head to pick one;

Final Fantasy X

hrhrhtewgfegege

I never really got into video games, but this one I loved, I played it at my baby sitter's house after school.

Black one at peppers.

452-4525099_mario-characters-png-downloa

Edited by Loba

2 hours ago, Roy said:

That's awesome, who was your favorite player? I spent WAY too much time wanting to be good at StarCraft, got Grandmaster in SC2 as Terran and then had to quit because it wasn't even fun anymore, playing was like going to work xD

Oh god it's been so long, but some names that come to mind are NaDa, BoxeR, MMA, NesTea. I stopped following the tournaments after around 2013. And geebus you got pretty far with it! Yeah it's really competitive.

These days I play shark and raft survival. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1. Uncharted 4

2. Life is Strange 1

3. The Last of Us Part 2

4. Skyrim

5. Black Ops Zombies

6. Star Wars Jedi Academy

7. Old School Runescape

8. Harry Potter PC

9. Pirates Online

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

8. Harry Potter Pc

Thank you for reminding me, I had forgotten about this masterpiece. My sister and I used to play it as kids. That game really came alive with the fantasy I had back then :x

6 minutes ago, Asayake said:

Thank you for reminding me, I had forgotten about this masterpiece. My sister and I used to play it as kids. That game really came alive with the fantasy I had back then :x

Yup. No problem. :) 

My favorites were the first 3 Harry Potter PC games. 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

I was actually semi -pro in WoW. I just love the flow state of the PVP. Intense real time co-op in voice chat with your allies in 2v2 and 3v3 , over 150 keybind  combinations on your keyboard internalized. Split second decision making. It puts to the test your reaction time every single time. Over 300 hundred actions per minute ( even more tbh) . 

Also there is the dimension of pride, emotions, adrenaline, tilt, humiliation of your oponents, respect, status , attention ( ppl watching your stream judging your gameplay) and fame & cash prizes. 

Is it lower consciousness? Maybe. But it certainly has it's appeal. You can certainly see why it's addictive. I've never experienced such traction and immersive experience from anything else in my life. 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

PUBG, sometimes CSGO and chess. 

In Tate we trust

MORE RECENT 

Metro Exodus is probably my all time favourite when it comes to story & gameplay. It is one of the very few games where I cared about the characters and really connected with the storyline and even got pretty emotional towards the end. The game is immersive as fuck, the environment is beautiful and frightening. The post-apocalyptic Russia is a masterpiece in this game. 

Days Gone 

Divine Divinity 2 

Day Z 

OLDER

Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of Colossus, Half-Life, Total War Rome 2 & Attila

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Rainbow Six Seige at the moment. What I love the most is the destructive environment, it creates new angels and all kinds of meta strategy possibilities, and to top it all, there is tons of gadgets and opperators with unique abilities to how you approach and play every round. So it's not only about clicking heads as many FPS can be.

It feels like a breath of fresh air in the online FPS world, depsite it's release back in 2015.