Raze

The Supreme Court may overturn Roe v Wade according to leak

161 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Yeah, I think you're right. Most conservatives in the USA are just tryin to hold onto their dollars. That's the type of stuff they think about all day. The thing they think is most terrifying is the liberals taxing them to death. That's what the conservatives are thinking about most of the time. Trying to hold onto dollars, because they feel like the new agers have come to ruin their lives. That's a lot of their thought process. And to be honest. Personally I feel like they're onto something with the way they try to hold onto dollars. It's good accounting practices to maximize revenue while minimizing expenses, and the thing is most people aren't quantitative. There you go, those are my thoughts for you, a lot of the conservatives are scared of losing their money, I think that's what makes them conservative. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be gullible. They don't give a fuck about creating chaos. They are religious absolutists.

So, you think that the conservatives justices and politicians don't care if overturning roe vs. wade causes such an electoral backlash against themselves?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No they haven't. You are getting misled by your consumption of media.

Of course most aren't fascist but that really doesn't mean much if most are willing to vote for a fascist to begin with. If the average conservative sees fascism as a vehicle to get what he/she wants (i.e an abortion ban) then they'll use it. 

50 minutes ago, abundance said:

Of course most aren't fascist but that really doesn't mean much if most are willing to vote for a fascist to begin with. If the average conservative sees fascism as a vehicle to get what he/she wants (i.e an abortion ban) then they'll use it. 

That pretty much nails it.

At the end of the day fascism is a symptom of a failing democracy.

Trump's MAGA Cult is exactly what one would expect a proto-fascist movement adopted to the American system to look like.

Does that mean that most conservatives are fascists? Of course not. But tens of millions of conservatives have been manipulated in to supporting what's effectively an Americanized form of proto-fascism.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Protestors and police clashes beginning

Edited by Raze

I’m literally just finding about this and I’m officially done trying to be understanding with conservatives at this point. 

The craziest with trying to eliminate privacy law under the constitution, which Roe v Wade falls under, is that civil rights laws, gay marriage laws, and so forth fall under this. Expect pushback for trying to outlaw not just abortion but interracial marriage, sodomy, etc. 

Some states are already passing “abortion bounty hunter laws”. Which is absolutely insane. 

I’ve never equated the two sides but I kinda felt like I’ve been a bit too apologetic and understanding of those on the right. The idea that the right pushes this narrative against the left regarding censorship and all this stuff but is trying to push forth this kind of toxic shit that could infringe the progress made in regards to civil rights, lgbt rights, abortion laws, and so forth would be having our country go backwards is just crazy. 

28 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

having our country go backwards

That's the whole appeal of conservativism: America was great in the past before all the hippies corrupted things with their loose ways.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's the whole appeal of conservativism: America was great in the past before all the hippies corrupted things with their loose ways.

So, conservatism is not just about keeping the status quo. It is also about going back as much as possible to the way things were in beginning of America. You say that no conservative these days would ever wish for something unthinkably backwards to happen like having colored people enslaved again, but how do we know that’s true? How do we know that most white southerners these days don’t wish for something like that deep down inside them or in secret?

Edited by Hardkill

10 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So, conservatism is not just about keeping the status quo. It is also about going back as much as possible to the way things were in beginning of America. You say that no conservative these days would ever wish for something unthinkably backwards to happen like having colored people enslaved again, but how do we know that’s true? How do we know that most white southerners these days don’t wish for something like that deep down inside them or in secret?

Because first and foremost conservatives are conformist. And slavery is no longer part of the status quo conformity position. That has been replaced with something like denial of trans people.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because first and foremost conservatives are conformist. And slavery is no longer part of the status quo conformity position. That has been replaced with something like denial of trans people.

Okay, but abortion has also been part of the status quo for almost 5 decades now. Yet, conservatives want to go back to the times when abortion was never legal in any part of the country.

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Okay, but abortion has also been part of the status quo for almost 5 decades now. Yet, conservatives want to go back to the times when abortion was never legal in any part of the country.

Conservatives have been anti-abortion for 50 years. That is their dogma. You're not thinking about how dogma and conformity works in rural areas.

Slavery had to be beaten out of their minds with a bloody war and 100 years of anti-racist shaming. And even so half of them are still racist today.

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Conservatives have been anti-abortion for 50 years. That is their dogma. You're not thinking about how dogma and conformity works in rural areas.

Slavery had to be beaten out of their minds with a bloody war and 100 years of anti-racist shaming. And even so half of them are still racist today.

ohhh.....okay, I think I see what you're saying.

So, it's not just about how long a certain law has been established for that determines what the status quo should be in their minds. It's also about what traditional cultural beliefs they currently still have that make them believe that that should be the status quo of our society.

It takes a very long time to have the minds of a conservative population believe in new forward thinking or new liberal views as the "status quo" in their opinion.

Edited by Hardkill

Not even American, but that's a massive white pill. 

Contraception and sodomy next! 

America's birth rates have been declining. Conservatives want more white babies to be born. They don't want the brown folk coming in and overtaking the white patriarchy.

49 minutes ago, Frylock said:

America's birth rates have been declining. Conservatives want more white babies to be born. They don't want the brown folk coming in and overtaking the white patriarchy.

Read somewhere that majority of the abortions are availed by minority women. This will only increase the number of non white people,

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Read somewhere that majority of the abortions are availed by minority women. This will only increase the number of non white people,

How this will actually play out is that affluent people will still be able to get abortions, either by using their connections to bypass existing laws or by traveling to places where it's still legal.

The brunt of this will be felt by the working class and the poor (which are disproportionately non-white communities). The practical effects of which will be an increase in cyclical poverty in those communities, and more people being fed in to a revolving door prison system.

An interesting unintended side effect of federally legalized abortions was also a noticable drop in crime nationwide (from less unwanted children being born in to desperate circumstances), so expect that trend to reverse over time.

https://www.prb.org/resources/new-study-claims-abortion-is-behind-decrease-in-crime/

And of course all of this is aside from misery for millions of women and families who will be forced to carry unwanted or unviable pregnancies to term.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

So when exactly is Roe v Wade going to be overturned?

Can anyone give me an exact date?

768px-Seal_of_the_United_States_Supreme_

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله