Matthew85

Sustaining expanded states

31 posts in this topic

I am able to easily achieve and embody expanded states of consciousness. It feels incredible. All my worries and concerns fall away. I feel peaceful, content and whole. But then gradually the Matthew personality begins to come back online and reasserts itself and I lose much of it. Have any of you discovered any practices that helped the expanded states we access become more sustainable for you? Where it became your dominant state most or all of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You watched Moon Knight recently?


Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

If it's that easy just keep doing it ;)

@RendHeaven So far that hasn't helped me achieve my goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just remind yourself again and again and again when you fall back. And notice ultimately that it's a choice which "state" you choose. So maybe sometimes you do wanna just be Matthew and forget about the other stuff. 9_9 

Also the question always arises for me is... Where others are at when you interact with them and go along with their stories... It's a weird feeling where you have to act a bit.

Edited by puporing

Truth is love. Truth is beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, puporing said:

Just remind yourself again and again and again when you fall back. And notice ultimately that it's a choice which "state" you choose. So maybe sometimes you do wanna just be Matthew and forget about the other stuff. 9_9 

@puporing Thank you. It doesn't always feel like a conscious choice though. I want to find a way to sustain the empowered states I access. I am sure there is a way to do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One way to conceptualize the enlightened state of consciousness is to break it down into a recognition component and altered state of consciousness component (here explained in more detail).

- To get the recognition component into your baseline consciousness, you first need to deeply recognize what Reality is in peak states and then keep trying to recognise the same (in a more subtle version) during your normal consciousness. Grinding with self inquiry, until the illusions are firmly seen through. 

 

- to get the altered state of consciousness into your baseline you need to spend more and more time in altered states. The more time you spend in altered states and the deeper these states are, the more your baseline is affected. So that's mostly about time × quality (depth of altered state). And gradually baseline brain chemistry changes.

Based on genetics and some other factors, these baseline changes are more or less easy to achieve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Matthew85 I'm trying to understand this too, good luck.

Maybe if you had a higher purpose that required you to be in those heightened states. Like if you were on a mission to execute some part of god's divine will.

If you arent in touch with a higher purpose, maybe that could create a medium to embody these states of being 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

I am able to easily achieve and embody expanded states of consciousness. It feels incredible. All my worries and concerns fall away. I feel peaceful, content and whole. But then gradually the Matthew personality begins to come back online and reasserts itself and I lose much of it. Have any of you discovered any practices that helped the expanded states we access become more sustainable for you? Where it became your dominant state most or all of the time.

Focus in on that which has a problem with being in the contracted state and long to be in the expanded state. 

Once there is no problem with being in a certain state you tend to be in an expanded state all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Matthew85 Do you think there might still be some lingering shadow stuff to work through? That stuff is sticky sometimes.. I know I still have some to move through and can affect me in ways that feels "out of my control".

When this happens what often helps me to "get back" to the expanded consciousness is to get outside, take a walk or drive, notice what's around me and appreciating the perfection of what's around. It sometimes immediately can snap me out of the zoomed in "perspective".

Edited by puporing

Truth is love. Truth is beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@puporing

13 hours ago, puporing said:

 Do you think there might still be some lingering shadow stuff to work through? That stuff is sticky sometimes.. I know I still have some to move through and can affect me in ways that feels "out of my control".

It feels more like the personality I am adopting limits and constricts the tremendous expansiveness of my consciousness. This is what needs to evolve or expand to hold more of who I truly am. 

13 hours ago, puporing said:

When this happens what often helps me to "get back" to the expanded consciousness is to get outside, take a walk or drive, notice what's around me and appreciating the perfection of what's around. It sometimes immediately can snap me out of the zoomed in "perspective".

Good suggestion. I do a lot of this daily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Definitely needs more than just psychedelics. A cultivated intense desire for truth, love, God, and sustaining expanded states.

(From a certain perspective, psychedelics are actually for leaving oneness, rather than entering it. One could say God gets tired of oneness and so imagines a human who is coming down off a psychedelic, thereby appearing to enter the world... As one does...xD An ingenious illusion for concocting "other" out of oneness. All other uses of psychedelics are, in a way, just collateral damage that happens to also be fun, useful, and insightful.)

Edited by The0Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The0Self said:

Definitely needs more than just psychedelics. A cultivated intense desire for truth, love, God, and sustaining expanded states.

@The0Self I agree. I have worked with many different practices over the years in my desire for truth and awakening.

The best way I can describe it, is this Matthew personality I have created as a focusing mechanism to have this human experience severely limits my consciousness. It would need to expand or evolve to be able to contain more of my vast consciousness. I am looking for a practice that will help with this specifically. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

The best way I can describe it, is this Matthew personality I have created as a focusing mechanism to have this human experience severely limits my consciousness. It would need to expand or evolve to be able to contain more of my vast consciousness. I am looking for a practice that will help with this specifically. 

What is in this "Matthew" experience that you want more of? Look into that some more. And also love yourself more. Matthew needs love too and that is also part of your expansion/growth process. Don't skip over it just for the sake of getting into expanded states! It's calling to you for a reason. And then you can choose to zoom out and exercise that muscle whenever it feels necessary/helpful to you. 

Edited by puporing

Truth is love. Truth is beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 12/04/2022 at 8:36 AM, Matthew85 said:

I am able to easily achieve and embody expanded states of consciousness. It feels incredible. All my worries and concerns fall away. I feel peaceful, content and whole. But then gradually the Matthew personality begins to come back online and reasserts itself and I lose much of it. Have any of you discovered any practices that helped the expanded states we access become more sustainable for you? Where it became your dominant state most or all of the time.

Ok, so see this as you as awareness seemingly being the experience of Matthew rather than Matthew losing the experience of awareness. IOW stay as awareness.

Edited by dorg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2022 at 4:36 PM, Matthew85 said:

I am able to easily achieve and embody expanded states of consciousness. It feels incredible. All my worries and concerns fall away. I feel peaceful, content and whole. But then gradually the Matthew personality begins to come back online and reasserts itself and I lose much of it. Have any of you discovered any practices that helped the expanded states we access become more sustainable for you? Where it became your dominant state most or all of the time.

Yes. Going on many meditation retreats and committing to a rigorous daily meditation practice. The degree and depths of self clinging should not be underestimated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't.

Here's something you need to understand: that which you call "Matthew" (i.e. the ego or personality) is setting that goal of (let's call it) "permanent enlightenment" not so that you can achieve "permanent enlightenment" but so that you CAN'T.  "Matthew's" actual goal is self-protection and self-perpetuation, and it uses the tactics of self-deception and misdirection -- it is setting you on a wild goose chase.

The only path is not one of "I do this and I achieve my goal." It's "I freakin' surrender." "I give up." "I can't do it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice what is preventing expansion.


'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/13/2022 at 5:58 AM, Consilience said:

Yes. Going on many meditation retreats and committing to a rigorous daily meditation practice. The degree and depths of self clinging should not be underestimated. 

@Consilience I've been doing regular practices for 16 years. I will continue. I was looking to add something that may help expedite the process.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2022 at 9:59 PM, puporing said:

What is in this "Matthew" experience that you want more of?

@puporing I want that aspect of my consciousness to evolve and expand so that it can hold more of my self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now