Someone here

Hedonism and the meaningless reality

32 posts in this topic

Since no one really knows what the fuck is going on here (what reality is ) should we only focus on hedonism and acquiring as much pleasure as possible?  I mean life is short and no one has a clue what happens when you die ..probably go to hell..so we might as well enjoy the ride while it's last. 

These are my thoughts recently. I wanna hear what you think of this ?. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Since no one really knows what the fuck is going on here (what reality is ) should we only focus on hedonism and acquiring as much pleasure as possible?  I mean life is short and no one has a clue what happens when you die ..probably go to hell..so we might as well enjoy the ride while it's last. 

@Someone here To be honest, I am quite confused about your statements over the last weeks on the forum.

Weren't you the guy who claimed to be fully God-Realized from watching 1 of Leos videos?

And now you're talking about "noone really nows what's going on" and Hedonism??

Where is your integrity? Did you awaken to absolute truth as you claimed?

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Since no one really knows what the fuck is going on here (what reality is )

Apparently you didn't.

@Michael Jackson i awakend to absolute solipsism. But there are many facets of awakening that I'm still missing. Like I don't know exactly what happens when you die .and I'm not exactly sure what reality is. But I'm aware that it's no different than a dream at night. It's made of the same stuff .and the buck stops here .

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Like I don't know exactly what happens when you die .and I'm not exactly sure what reality is

@Someone here Okay, at least you are being honest about that now. Remember 1 thing: It is possible to get a definitive answer to all these questions. But this answer ain't gonna come from Leos videos, nor from this forum. This answer can only come from God (spoiler: from your own true absolute Self). To meet God I'd suggest you to research psychedelics, they are incredible tools for that.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Michael Jackson

Ultimate hedonism is knowing/embodying what reality is...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

34 minutes ago, Someone here said:

and acquiring as much pleasure as possible? 

Have fun trying to acquire anything xDxD

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

20 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

How so ? Could you elaborate? 

-Osho

@Someone here

Hedonism doesn't work in the long run and will just make you more miserable than if you had never started. It's not sustainable, you hvae to find something that works in the long run.

As always, balance is key. 

Every "high" just emphasises and basicaly creates the "low".

You can't have pleasure without pain, it's that simple. 

Hedonism only makes the suffering, that one hoped to escape through it, worse. 

No. Hedonism doesn't give happiness. You need to realize Love.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Understanding IS the ultimate Bliss.  If you were to become totally omniscient you would also realize Absolute Love, and Yourself as God.   Only awakening proper will do here and I would second @Michael Jackson here and leverage all the tools available to you for awakening.    This will allow you to awaken to no self, Infinity, Love.  You said you did but if you did you would have died and thus you would no longer have any questions about death.  The pbysical body is imagined along with pnysical death.   When you directly realize the self is an illusion it dies and you brcome God.    There never was physical death.   Death is a concept just as the small self is a concept.   There can only be the falling away of concepts because all is Mind.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Someone here when you realize yourself as reality then theres constant fullfilment and happiness that doesnt end basically...where every pleasure ends in material world

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

should we only focus on hedonism and acquiring as much pleasure as possible? 

No. You should focus on what you want to focus on.

Someone may want to focus on ascetism if thats what he wants and explore. It's fun to explore different things. That's what God wants. To explore itself through our human biases.

I like the feeling of not going through with hedonistic desires. It is fun for me to explore and vibrate. But thats me. You maybe want to explore extreme hedonistic life. Why not. Do what you want.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

I guess everyone is a hedonist.

For some it's tv, for some it's sex, for some it's selflessness, for some it's God.

Edited by GreenWoods

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Michael Jackson i awakend to absolute solipsism. But there are many facets of awakening that I'm still missing. Like I don't know exactly what happens when you die .and I'm not exactly sure what reality is. But I'm aware that it's no different than a dream at night. It's made of the same stuff .and the buck stops here .

Hi, @Someone here & @Michael Jackson! Do these insights/awakenings last at all or do they just sort of end and, like, that was that? My awakenings don't seem to ever really lock-in and become my new way of perceiving for the rest of my life. I hear about these permanent shifts people are having, but I don't seem to get any and it's really disparaging. Have yours ever done that, and do the ones that have still sort of flux up and down a bit depending on what you're doing or the circumstances you find yourself in? I'd love to learn all about how this stuff works, what to expect and that sort of jazz :D

5 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Beautiful!!

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

Since no one really knows what the fuck is going on here (what reality is )

We know exactly what is going on. Hedonism has been known to be a dead end since the dawn of time. It's what every religion has tried to teach us: not pleasure but meaning, not the profane but the sacred.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.