Leo Gura

Understanding Russia & Putin

708 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

I agree with you about selfdestruction. There will be hyperinflation, FED is just unstoppable  and it will print money to the moon. Hyperinflation will be the end of states era. I don't think there would be a such division because once money is out lights are out aswell it's just survival nobody would care for old stuff. They need a planned coup backed by both parties elites(I don't know if such exist) because there is no way of saving current economic system(paper money) or dollars status. Anyways enough of this I don't want to offend people really :D

A friend of mine has been saying everything is going towards a digital currency. He mentioned the Great Reset and the Covid passports are precursors for that. They will make up an excuse that Covid is guilty for the inflation (or something like this) and that a new system is needed.

He does not like the idea of a digital currency because that means we're closer and closer to a social credit score system.

Edited by mojsterr

It's level one in the Art of War. 

Even if you are wrong, you must convince your citizens that you are with justice. Otherwise, the morale drops and the citizens will not fight. People do not like fighting against justice. 

So it's important to lie that we are the side of justice to at least get people partipate willingly to fight. Otherwise, the troops will be stale 

Ukraine took back a small city:

6 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Zelensky really needs to concede to Putin. The Ukrainians are only delaying the inevitable at the cost of more lives being needlessly destroyed and the country being continuously destroyed until there will be nothing left.

Its not all one sided if you watch channels like this:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheEngineeringWorld

You'll see numerous successes from Ukraine. Several Russia senior commanders dead (Actual generals), supply lines cut and many desertions. More foreign fighters are arriving, more equipment is arriving. Ukraine is fighting for many countries now not just itself. If Russia's army is broken enough here it will stop Putin invading anywhere else for the next few decades, or maybe the rest of his life. If they roll over they won't have a country just constant rebellion and suffering. If they fight they will keep the west of Ukraine and perhaps more than that.

China is watching this and Taiwan is next. That's a given. Other countries also. Suffering is going to happen whether we like it or not. All we can do is contain and limit it.

*And by the way the longer this goes on the more likely someone takes down Putin. People can deny that all they want but its an increasing chance from global and internal pressure.

Edited by BlueOak

Even completely ignoring the wider picture. The main thing is at the moment Russia still doesn't understand or admit the reality of what its got itself into. Going as far as to shut itself off completely from all outside sources and live in a bubble. Saying just stop fighting is impossible now, even if every country told the people (on both sides now) it will not happen for the next 20 years. Unless they negotiate officially and stop, this region is destined to be a warzone and it always was the second that war was declared.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We have difficultly sustaining a democracy in America. 1/3rd the country believes Biden wasn't democratically elected.

The 2024 US election could be stolen by the Republicans.

Expecting democracy in Russia or China right now is a pipe dream.

Yes. Anyone who discards this possibility so readily is just wearing their ideology on their sleeve. Election interference by foreign and domestic actors is absolutely commonplace. Can it be proven? Perhaps not. Will it be admitted to? Well... CIA / MI6 interference in Iran's 1953 coup against Mossadegh was finally admitted to in 2013. 

Personally I reckon that interference in the 2020 elections will be admitted to in 50+ years, assuming documents detailing the plans aren't unearthed sooner.

Apparently.

2 hours ago, mojsterr said:

A friend of mine has been saying everything is going towards a digital currency. He mentioned the Great Reset and the Covid passports are precursors for that. They will make up an excuse that Covid is guilty for the inflation (or something like this) and that a new system is needed.

He does not like the idea of a digital currency because that means we're closer and closer to a social credit score system.

Your friend is speaking truth. Digital currency is just another name for dollar but much worse in terms of economical freedom. I bet your friend is also stacking silver :) 

5 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

I bet your friend is also stacking silver :) 

Are you a mind reader

Slightly better take than i've seen elsewhere but still not fully universal. He's not full taking into account Eastern Europe, or Ukraine but is he more aware realities of war, NATO and somewhat of Russia. It will be a miracle if Russia invades Moldova that Romania completely hold their cool. Just like if this drags on Poland is likely to be further drawn in to Ukraine and by definition their allies. 

I think America and to an extent Russia being so massive fails to see Eastern Europe more like states reacting to other states. The relationship is not that simple but its closer than America reacting to Russia would be given the Europe countries proximity, shared cultures, and families that live over borders.

I love that he calls out people's careers being made on war, and more reflection on the military industrial complex being a driving factor would be useful. I love that he calls out people viewing it like supporting a sports team from the comfort of their home. Its an ugly truth that people see excitement or careers made from sensationalizing war. A horrible one but if people don't look at it, it will never change.

i think its time to watch some history videos too

23 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

It will be a miracle if Russia invades Moldova that Romania completely hold their cool.

Yes, but I think they will not intervene in such a case. The Romanian parliament has 2 pro Russian parties and 1 pro Hungarian party which make up 50%+ of the parliament, which will oppose any military intervention. The president is also weird. 

Even if the majority of the politicians were pro Western, NATO wouldn't allow Romania to intervene, as that would be a direct confrontation with Russia. 

15 hours ago, Fandango said:

it is simple to me: when you just don´t understand why someone is doing something, you think he is crazy. That is an easy way to explain why to you

I have analysed this result long before you knew who Putin was.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The 2024 US election could be stolen by the Republicans.

Democracy dosen't mean that the left should win all the time.

If people elected Republicans, that's democracy too.

8 hours ago, Hardkill said:

They then would fight back for their land another day when the time was right.

Another day? What day? When is the time right?

I think the time is right, right now. While they are being attacked!

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Another day? What day? When is the time right?

I think the time is right, right now. While they are being attacked!

I think what he meant, is that they would have the attack of suprise, not the other way around, however you could say now that is wouldn't be much of a suprise if Russia would attack other countries, so arguments could be made on both sides.

On 07/03/2022 at 2:20 AM, hello1234 said:

I trust the PhD psychologists to be able to do the assessment “remotely”. Once again, the studies on psychopathy and narcissistic personality disorders are often done “remotely”, by studying the patterns of the “damage” caused by such individuals and studying the victims of the abuse. 

Once again, I would appreciate if you answered my question and not attack me with a question in response. How much do you know about cluster B personality disorders? If you don’t know much about those, how can you keep dismissing what I am saying? This is intellectual abuse. 

Well assessments of people's personalities from afar are largely meaningless. Putin could be a psychopath, but also could just be a normal person in a difficult set of circumstances. 

Any decent professional would never diagnose or claim to do be able to make any judgment close to a diagnosis unless they've assessed a person in a clinical setting.

It doesn't matter how well educated a person is in the field. There's certain things you'll not know about a person until you've got them in a private clinical setting where there's a rule of confidentiality. 

Edited by ZenAlex

4 hours ago, Ryan_047 said:

Yes, but I think they will not intervene in such a case. The Romanian parliament has 2 pro Russian parties and 1 pro Hungarian party which make up 50%+ of the parliament, which will oppose any military intervention. The president is also weird. 

Even if the majority of the politicians were pro Western, NATO wouldn't allow Romania to intervene, as that would be a direct confrontation with Russia. 

Thank you for that information it helps to know that it's less likely.

I wish it was as simple as someone saying NATO will disallow it. There often comes a point where there is an incident that drags people into war. We can hope that doesn't happen. It remains a possibility in Moldova that I hope we never see, but my hope doesn't mean much when the Belarus president was telling us that was their original intent. Hopefully Putin will be pushed back enough and lose enough he doesn't ever go there.

As people stack more and more troops on the border, and take new defense postures, moving from deterrence to defense as the Estonia president called it, the potential for an incident happening increases. People were already worried when a NATO jet went down early in the war, but it was technical and weather related apparently.

I hope I worry over nothing. I hope you are 100% correct and the Romanians in Moldova live a long, happy and peaceful life.

If Russia wants to be understood he should try to understand others. He is poking his nose in other people's backyard like in Syria which is Turkish sphere of influence. He shouldn't be dumbstruck if others poke around his own backyard as a response. As we speak Russian soldiers are smashed by Turkish made drones operated by Ukraine, and rightfully so.

Edited by StarStruck