Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manusia

Hey, want to learn about masculinity.

29 posts in this topic

I want to discover my essence of masculine more and more. I feel like I underdeveloped it due to conditioning. It doesn't feel right to operate in more feminine way. 

Anyone have any recommendation of some kind of youtube channel or book to read to discover and develop inner masculinity?

Thanks.

@ivankiss I read about some of your journal and it is very warm bright masculine core. I respect your energy. Can you give me some guidance to discover and develop my own masculinity?

Want to become a man? Learn to let go. You need to learn how to trust in yourself, and because youre god, you need to learn to trust in god. Surrender, alow, let go.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

• Be independent 
  • Don't ask a woman too many questions 
  • Work on your insecurities 
  • Be vulnerable but not weak
  • Be nice but not a doormat/slave 
  • Have boundaries 
  • Have self respect
  • Have moral integrity.
  • Have grit and determination 
  • Do something out of life 
  • Have a sense of purpose 
  • Have a healthy ego or rather cultivate 
  • Make decisions without asking a woman 
  • Be a provider or at least have the ability for it 
  • Treat women with respect 
  • Don't be overly needy or desperate 
  • Have the courage to say no 
  • Learn to not be brainwashed or manipulated by women 
  • Challenge a woman when she does wrong 
  • Have a go getter attitude. Get it done. 
  • Be decisive
  • Be polite
  • Be disciplined 
  • Do your duty 
  • Take responsibility
  • Show bravery when needed 
  • Be logical 
  • Take up challenges and overcome them 
  • Sustain under pressure 
  • Be a comforter
  • Learn to show anger and also learn to control temper. Modulate. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The way of men by jack donovan is the best book on masculinity.the founders of redpill recommend it.

Go watch some old Elliot Hulse videos, learn to breathe into your balls, do some primal yelling.

Society doesn't give us coming-of-age ceremonies any more so you have to create your own. Otherwise you'll always be a boy and never become a man. Get together with your bros, go out and sleep in the wilderness for a night or two, fight with them, cook over a fire, kill an animal, drink animal blood, do painful stuff.

18 hours ago, Yarco said:

Get together with your bros, go out and sleep in the wilderness for a night or two, fight with them, cook over a fire, kill an animal, drink animal blood, do painful stuff.

Is this masculine man? I think this is masculine boi. 

Edited by Manusia

David Deida

See my book reviews.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Spence94 said:

@Manusia @SamC Let go. Let go. Let go. Kill the boy. 

Don't kill the boy, you are him;):x 

@Manusia

Edit: Psychadelics might help you, but be really careful. Only take them when they seek you and when you are ready + take only half a dose to begin with.

Edited by SamC

@Manusia

As people gave plenty of useful pointers, masculinity grows when you face your fears, you remain grounded in yourself and your principles, and you act in your life with wise courage following your life purpose.

This is the underlining theme of masculinity. Obviously masculinity has many sides that manifest in many ways in many situations, so it's useful to explore and learn it.

Focus first on understanding real masculinity: if you don't know what real masculinity is, you'll have as a reference point a low quality or biased or distorted or corrupted definition of masculinity. First find the sources of highest quality information. Then learn from them.

A powerful way is to find a role model and learn from it. But be aware that there are types of masculinity: I personally find Leo a healthy role model for "intellectual masculinity", David Deida a healthy role model for "sexual masculinity", and so on.

I personally liked Elliot Hulse in the past for his "physical masculinity", but now he's become very toxic and I don't like him anymore. Be aware of him, he's not so aware of his biases.

What about practice? How do you practice to become more masculine? You can learn the theory, but then what are you going to do? How to implement what you learn?

There are many ways, like introspection, journaling, being aware of your behavioral patterns and aligning them with what you've learned if you find discrepancies, visualization, developing your life purpose, etc.

A great way, in my opinion, is doing bioenergetics exercises. Masculinity can be absent for two reasons: it's repressed or it's not trained. Bioenergetics exercises can help you re-discovering it if it's repressed.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Manusia Learn to trust yourself, that's all that you have to do to emerge masculine energy - that and working out

The reason masculinity is so praised is because you were conditioned in a validation seeking society full of bitches who can't stand there own ground or do the right thing, they live in fear of not doing socially acceptable things and have there values and behaviours defined by others

Find something bigger than yourself to live for and give yourself into it, your masculinity will blow up

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

'King Warrior Magician Lover'

Good book on masculinity.

On 2-3-2022 at 6:18 PM, Manusia said:

I want to discover my essence of masculine more and more. I feel like I underdeveloped it due to conditioning. It doesn't feel right to operate in more feminine way. 

Anyone have any recommendation of some kind of youtube channel or book to read to discover and develop inner masculinity?

Thanks.

What do you mean when you say you want to embody your masculine essence more? People will have different ideas of masculinity, and there is all sorts of relevant contexts in which masculinity can be expressed. I think it is more useful to specify what you want more of. Because masculinity in itself is vague. Maybe there are some specific qualities you would like to grow into? Such as courage for example? Maybe you have some nice guy you want to get rid of? Something different maybe?

If you feel like you are lacking masculinity, usually that comes because you have some reactivity in your body in relationship to certain dynamics that exist within yourself. Which results in feeling ungrounded and reactive. To develop masculinity, you want to step into resistance, tension and become grounded in this tension. It can be emotional tension or physical tension. 

avoiding emotional tension is one of the biggest reasons for why you are not embodying more masculine energy. Masculinity in contrast to femininity is your ability to contain your own emotions, to feel into them and ground them. The feminine domain is the feeling domain, the expression of feeling. While as I said, masculinity is the ability to contain these feelings and be grounded in them, to be non reactive to them and to accept them. 

For example - Social tension, including fear and shame - Are you reactive or not? Are you grounded and contained?

Physical tension - Are you reactive towards physical confrontation? How is your relationship to dominant masculine males? Reactive?

inner emotional tension - Are you reactive towards your own emotions? 

When you look at a tree, the roots and tree trunk are the grounding element, the containment that allows for the existance of these beautiful leaves and colors, which would be analogous to the feminine, while the roots and trunk are the masculine. 

If you want to be masculine, you want to become like a tree. You want to feel grounded, contained, self-accepted and strong. 

So you have to observe certain contexts of your life in which you dont feel this way. Contexts where you are contracted and reactive. And then you want to work on them. 

On 02/03/2022 at 10:36 AM, SamC said:

Learn to let go. You need to learn how to trust in yourself, and because youre god, you need to learn to trust in god. Surrender, alow, let go.

This answer could sound just as fitting for 'femininity' rofl. ???

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, puporing said:

This answer could sound just as fitting for 'femininity' rofl. ???

@puporing

There is no difference;)

On 03/03/2022 at 9:17 AM, Medhansh said:

Bookmarking this

On 03/03/2022 at 1:44 AM, Preety_India said:
  • Be independent 
  • Don't ask a woman too many questions 
  • Work on your insecurities 
  • Be vulnerable but not weak
  • Be nice but not a doormat/slave 
  • Have boundaries 
  • Have self respect
  • Have moral integrity.
  • Have grit and determination 
  • Do something out of life 
  • Have a sense of purpose 
  • Have a healthy ego or rather cultivate 
  • Make decisions without asking a woman 
  • Be a provider or at least have the ability for it 
  • Treat women with respect 
  • Don't be overly needy or desperate 
  • Have the courage to say no 
  • Learn to not be brainwashed or manipulated by women 
  • Challenge a woman when she does wrong 
  • Have a go getter attitude. Get it done. 
  • Be decisive
  • Be polite
  • Be disciplined 
  • Do your duty 
  • Take responsibility
  • Show bravery when needed 
  • Be logical 
  • Take up challenges and overcome them 
  • Sustain under pressure 
  • Be a comforter
  • Learn to show anger and also learn to control temper. Modulate. 

@Medhansh @Preety_India  Ditto.

Masculinity is about purpose, finding how you can __express__ your unique gifts in this world for the benefit of everybody, yourself included. 

This pursuit requires you to look inwards, to discover yourself on deeper and deeper levels, as well as to learn the truth about the world and to find an environment where your uniqueness is needed.

Truth is central to masculinity both in social and individual sphere because thruthful action is efficacy, and truthful judgement is justice. Both are needed for successful fulfillment of your potential into purpose.

Being a man is to be a tool for the betterment of the world and to dedicate yourself to service. The societal promise is that you will be respected (listened with attention) and treated with gratefullness.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

helpful? hahah

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Thanks guys.

My childhood got recontextualized after long time contemplating masculinity.

Now I understand that my childhood is more rough than what I imagined to be.  

I thought I was know what is safe is. But then, I have realization what safe is pointing to.

And it never touch in me. 

Child, 24/7.. war.

What can I say, I cannot put a words to describe my regret.

Regret to be people that 'know' something. It is a mistake. 

I feel guilty to my younger me that I never touch this ground.

I even don't consider this ground can exist before.

Im so sorry to me. I would take care of you now.

Edited by Manusia

I respect people who reoly this thread and DM me about the solution, I hope this thread will continue.