Tamim

FOOD ADDICTION , ADVICE ??

19 posts in this topic

Any one overcome food addiction can share helpful advice I am already 30 kg overweight

When I am hungry I feel every cell in my body kik I just can't tolerate this feeling

@Tamim

Cut milk, sugar and wheat consuption and add water, veggies and lean protein to your diet. If you follow only that single advice I would be pretty sure that you would see progress at least on your well being and that is point of all this. Also eat more times a day "real" food. Good amount could be like 5 times. Any kind of physical activity should be advised and the point is not merely to push yourself to your limit, but actually start enjoying moving your body and that could be anything that just makes you happy.

Then councel that almost nobody tells - treat your body like it is your best friend. Do you want to make it feel horribly or energetic and loved? Think this next time you think between buying chocolate bar and gym membership. Your body pretty much shows how (un)balanced you are and that could be sign of lack of motivation, unhappiness, unprocessed feelings etc.

Start meditating and loving this present moment, because if you are not happy to live, how could you ever live so you could be happy to BE. Learn to love process instead of goal, because if only thing you want is to get these goals of course you would naturally set very easy goals such as eat chocolate bar, watch netflix and eat some more.

Hope that I helped you : ) 

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

Yea I would cut carbs first should be a relatively easy one, and gradual reduction in portions of other sugary stuff if you can't completely give it up. Find delicious but healthy recipes so you're not eating stuff you find distasteful. Find an exercise routine you can tolerate doing regularly and maybe even simultaneously meditative and relaxes you as a bonus (for me that's been swimming). I find key is similar to what @Kksd74628 mentioned, something enjoyable to you and your body, so you can keep it up day in and day out and not feel like you're totally missing out - food does bring us joy too.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Don't eat until you are full, just eat barely enough so you aren't starving.

hrhrhtewgfegege

learn and practice TRE (trauma releasing exercises by david bercelli). this helped me inadvertently transform my diet, i no longer eat or crave junk food. i only eat organic, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, pure high quality foods only. but those results were unique to me. 

Also find healthier alternatives for what your currently eating. remember, there isn't only 2 choices here of healthy or junk, there is a middle ground, and its ok to be where you are at. For example: instead of eating lays chips, eat a higher quality potato chip cooked in avocado oil or something. instead of a large get a medium, or instead of a soda get some fruit juice. or whatever you want to do. it takes time and just try to enjoy where you are in the process. 

@AuroraDream

Exactly! And I would add that appreciate every little progress you do, because if you don't value your progress, where that motivation would then come from? You don't need to remove anything from your diet, but just replace that with little bit better, because if you would just remove things and have "free space" then that could be extremely dangerous time to get addicted again. Problem is not to still have cravings - problem is that you don't decrease amount of lost battles against cravings.

Edited by Kksd74628

Who told you that "others" are real?

I'm going on a 30 day experiment/challenge to see how high pranic my diet can be and what the positive effects are. After that i'll reintroduce other foods (meat, breads, spice, alcohol) on occasion. Doing it as an experiment/challenge is good for getting your mindset out of desperate mindsets. It also ensures consistency; cravings for junk food can be curbed in the name of doing the experiment correctly. And after 30 days, your palettes and attitudes toward food will have changed enough that you probably wouldn't even want to fall back into the cycle of eating, or if you do, you will have an easier time getting out because you'll know the magic of having a really good diet.

Food should be fun, not misery!

Why do you wanna overcome this addiction? Make that extra super clear.

Write pages and pages about it with utmost detail then condense it then write about it some more.

What is it that you hope to realize by overcoming this? Having more energy? Why do you want that energy? What are you gonna do with it?

Details, details, details and it needs to resonate with you emotionally. You won't logic your way out of this. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Intermittent fasting. Decrease your eating window gradually. 

You can still eat tasty food. What you'll find is that you will automatically eat less calories. You don't really need to make that many dietary changes if your only goal is to lose weight. Also you'll get used to hunger pretty fast.

Edited by Michal__

Eat ONLY meat, saturated fats, eggs, organs (good luck overeating that), Watch some Paul Saladino on best plant foods that are least toxic 

Meditation could help strengthen your willpower to eating healthy. I know it did for me ;) 

Also, eat enough healthy fats (nuts, seeds), fruits and veggies.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:38 PM, Tamim said:

Any one overcome food addiction can share helpful advice I am already 30 kg overweight

When I am hungry I feel every cell in my body kik I just can't tolerate this feeling

Do the keto diet, you lose weight despite eating as much as you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_dawQLA-mA

https://www.shinzen.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/art_urges.pdf

There’s not one solution that will solve your food addiction, which will vary from person to person. Some god easy and solid advice is to start exercising regularly, if you aren’t already. Eat at fixed times each day, 3-4 solid meals a day. Drink only water and tea(no sugar), so no soda and milk.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

intermittent fasting, this will make you keto/fat adapted and thus eliminate or severely reduce food cravings. It's not about food cravings, its about changing your physiology so that you don't have any cravings to fight against in the first place

Describe a thought.

Can you have food addiction to healthy foods ? 

I eat all the time. I'm muscular, athletic & about 12-14% body fat.

I enjoy eating, I always eat. carbs fats protien everything. 

Why should I stop if it's not bad for me? Is this lowering my willpower or OCD eating 24/7? 

(couldn't care less about becoming fat, being "too big" or some arbitrary health benefit like "studies say I'll live longer if I fast", couldn't care less I'd rather enjoy myself than that). 

I only care about > Mental effects, productiivty willpower mood impact or brain function. 

Edited by Striving for more

8 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

Can you have food addiction to healthy foods ? 

I eat all the time. I'm muscular, athletic & about 12-14% body fat.

I enjoy eating, I always eat. carbs fats protien everything. 

Why should I stop if it's not bad for me? Is this lowering my willpower or OCD eating 24/7? 

(couldn't care less about becoming fat, being "too big" or some arbitrary health benefit like "studies say I'll live longer if I fast", couldn't care less I'd rather enjoy myself than that). 

I only care about > Mental effects, productiivty willpower mood impact or brain function. 

Different metabolisms, different needs.

In fact in your case you'd probably perform worse mentally if you cut your calories.

Is there any chance you are masking something under that overeating? Any emotional pain you're running away from? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 2/14/2022 at 0:38 AM, Tamim said:

I was sixty pounds overweight also. That was around 25 years ago. Weight has only fluctuated by a pound or two ever since. I also believed ‘I can’t tolerate this feeling’. But then I chose not to over eat, and feel the feeling I had made out to be ‘so big’ instead. It seemed like I wouldn’t be fine if I didn’t avert from feeling and eat, but what was found was, it turned out I was fine.

More so, upon the direct experience of literally just sitting in a comfy chair instead of over eating… it was actually what I wanted. It felt great. It’s empowering to ‘bust beliefs’ by literally doing nothing, it feels great. 

Stop trying to ‘tolerate’ feeling… and start allowing feeling. If it simply is ‘too much’, go to therapy, use the emotional scale, write in a journal - just start expressing & no longer suppressing feeling. 

“It” is what you actually want. 

On a practical note… upon no longer overeating, the stomach shrinks. The intensity of hunger from a history of overeating diminishes. 

To whatever extent you presently can, exercise every morning, first thing. Then meditate. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE