roopepa

No answer, blank mind

83 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Leo Gura What's the difference between contemplation and conceptual thinking? Or is contemplation just a fancy word for thinking?

It is thinking.

The problem is that the Buddhist types have demonized thinking.

There are high levels of spiritual thinking. This is what produces understanding, along with expansions in your states of consciousness.

The key is to expand your state of consciousness combined with high quality subtle forms of thinking. This produces understanding and insight.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Silence is not the goal. The goal is total self-understanding. Silence will naturally come once that is achieved.

Self-understanding is not the goal. The goal is total silence. Self-understanding will naturally come once that is achieved.

I'm just trying out the opposite perspective. They both make sense to me.

3 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Self-understanding is not the goal. The goal is total silence. Self-understanding will naturally come once that is achieved.

I'm just trying out the opposite perspective. They both make sense to me.

Silence does not guarantee self-understanding. Case in point the jackass.

You can be silent and not understand God. Which is what Buddhism is.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You can be silent and not understand God.

I agree. You can also understand yourself and not be able to be peacefully silent. In the end, this is not an either or discussion. Of course, both are important.

I'm not deeply into Buddhism, but I suspect there are many Buddhists who are very much into understanding reality, maybe more than you give them credit for. But I don't really know.

5 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

I'm not deeply into Buddhism, but I suspect there are many Buddhists who are very much into understanding reality, maybe more than you give them credit for. But I don't really know.

Buddhism is dumb.

Sorry, not sorry.

I am talking about things Buddhists don't understand.

12 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

I suspect there are many Buddhists who are very much into understanding reality

@peanutspathtotruth Even though I don't think Buddhism would frame it that way, they too are after understanding reality - albeit not as the final "goal".

That's what the recognition of Truth is and if your goal is liberation from suffering (which according to Buddhist doctrine is based on not seeing the Truth (ignorance="Avidya") / "undestanding reality"), then "understanding reality" is on your goal list.

The difference between Buddhism and Actualized.org's teachings is that Buddhism realizes "understanding reality" as a means to an end (liberation from suffering), whereas Actualized.org regards the understanding itself as the objective. 

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am talking about things Buddhists don't understand.

See? perfect timing?

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Buddhism is dumb.

Oh come off it... 

12 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@peanutspathtotruth Even though I don't think Buddhism would frame it that way, they too are after understanding reality - albeit not as the final "goal".

That's what the recognition of Truth is and if your goal is liberation from suffering (which according to Buddhist doctrine is based on not seeing the Truth (ignorance="Avidya") / "undestanding reality"), then "understanding reality" is on your goal list.

The difference between Buddhism and Actualized.org's teachings is that Buddhism realizes "understanding reality" as a means to an end (liberation from suffering), whereas Actualized.org regards the understanding itself as the objective.

Exactly! I've never been drawn towards Buddhism, just found it rather boring. But recently, I wanna explore it more deeply because I sense there is more depth than I ever gave it credit for.

It's as with the mystics of Christianity, of course one has to look for those who get it, for those with the highest signal to noise ratio, to be a bit schmackdatburgery

Buddhists are not God-realized.

Liberation from suffering is dumb. That's not what awakening is about. Suffering is irrelevant.

The whole notion of liberation is just another game. It is not God.

Buddhism will not get you to realize you are God. All of Buddhism is just a dream in God's mind.

Your faith in Buddhism is nothing more than a misplaced assumption that it leads to the ultimate. It does not.

I've reached the ultimate, so I tell you what's up.

@Leo Gura leo in your "what is enlightenment"(6 years ago) video you said that enlightenment is the realization of no self and that you are not your ego.

Is this still your definition of enlightenment or has it changed? 

The reason I ask is because lots of teachers give different answers. 

Osho,sash guru,j krishnamurti give very vague answers as to what enlightenment is. Why is this? Why don't they just explain clearly like you that it's the realization that you are not the ego?

The only other teachers who explain it as clearly and simply as you are rupert spira and adyashanti.

Why aren't teachers like osho,krishnamurti as straightforward as you'll? Any idea What are they tryinh to accomplish by being vague?

Look at this answer.how vague it is..

Why doesnt he just answer simply like this?

17 minutes ago, Ineedanswers said:

Is this still your definition of enlightenment or has it changed?

What I teach has changed. I teach God-realization. I explained this in my video: An Advanced Explanation Of God-Realization.

What I teach is not what others teach.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What I teach has changed. I teach God-realization. I explained this in my video: An Advanced Explanation Of God-Realization.

What I teach is not what others teach.

That video is incorrect though, your axis is wrong, and when you refer to Buddhism,. you refer to 20% of Buddhism and talk as though is 100% (you do this type of absolute speech all the time btw)

Buddhism covers both sides of your stupid axis lol, it covers the downregulation of conciousness via vipassna, and on the other side it goes to INFINITE conciouss via Jhana, more complete then 5meo -- you just haven't experienced it, and your ignorant, and you foolishly dont know what your talking about

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Silence is not understanding, but deep understanding leads to profound silence

This so obvious. I find it difficult to understand how this sentence cannot be understood. The ultimate understanding creates the profound silence because there’s no more questions to ask. Hence the silence

3 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

The ultimate understanding creates the profound silence because there’s no more questions to ask.

For me it was quite the opposite. Directly realizing that your existence is Love and Love only doesn't make you sit there in silence. It's pure ecstasy.

Laughter, singing, dancing is the result when every questions is answered. Just my direct experience. I don't want to force anyone into believing that he/she must have this as well.

Edited by Vynce

The thing that people don't understand is that to achieve total silence, absolute trancendence of the mind is needed. Absolute trancendence of the mind implies that the meditator has hit the peak intensity of consciouness, because only if the peak intensity of awareness is attained, mind can be trancendended fully and absolute samadhi stillnes can be accomplished.

The only requirement to understand everything in the universe is not thinking or contemplation, it's consciouness. If somebody wants to know everything in the universe, all he needs to do is to hit peak levels of consciouness and all things will be known effortlessly. And that's where buddhism leads to. Higher and higher states of awareness towards peak states of awareness and total trancendence. Understanding there is inevitable once the peak awareness is attained.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 2/9/2022 at 5:10 PM, roopepa said:

A while ago me and my therapist were pondering on how the humanity is doing. She asked me "why do you think there is so much suffering? Why isn't everyone just relaxing, having fun and thinking positively?" In the context of our discussion, she was basically asking what is keeping humanity from greater well-being.

A few months ago I would have probably said something like "it's because of the ego" or "survival" or "fear" or "low consciousness" or whatever. But I've come to see that these are just narratives. There is really no reason, nothing true in following those thought-stories, even though they might seem to make sense.

So I just sat quietly for a moment, until I admitted that I don't know. It seems like there is no actual cause and effect, no story, no reason behind this suffering and dysfunction in the world.

Same goes with "why is there something rather than nothing". Blank mind, no answer. Why to even assume there is a "why", a cause?

Why are people afraid? Why are people judgemental? Why are people aggressive?

Blank. No reason. No cause. Things are what they are and that's it.

Why don't I feel like Home, why do I feel separate from God and absolute being?

Blank

Any of you get what I mean? Such a peculiar thing.

I think i get what you mean.

"Who is aware of this sentence being on this screen?"

No reply

"Who is aware of my thinking?"

No reply

"Who am i showing my visual field to?"

No reply

"Who am i?"

No reply

Why is there evil?

No reply

It's almost like spiritism.

Edited by This

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Buddhists are not God-realized.

Liberation from suffering is dumb. That's not what awakening is about. Suffering is irrelevant.

The whole notion of liberation is just another game. It is not God.

Buddhism will not get you to realize you are God. All of Buddhism is just a dream in God's mind.

Your faith in Buddhism is nothing more than a misplaced assumption that it leads to the ultimate. It does not.

I've reached the ultimate, so I tell you what's up.

Vajrayana.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:10 PM, roopepa said:

Why are people afraid? Why are people judgemental? Why are people aggressive?

Trauma?

@Vynce

2 hours ago, Vynce said:

For me it was quite the opposite. Directly realizing that your existence is Love and Love only doesn't make you sit there in silence. It's pure ecstasy.

Laughter, singing, dancing is the result when every questions is answered. Just my direct experience. I don't want to force anyone into believing that he/she must have this as well.

Agree. Incorrect wording from me. Let me rephrase. Rather than ‘creates THE profound silence’ should be more along the lines of ‘can create A profound silence’. A silencing of the questions and contemplation is more of what I meant as I was aiming my response at the particular issue at hand. Certainly that silence can be filled with everything you mentioned but that filling of the silence is with freedom to fill it with such things and not monkey mind or questions and contemplation that are zipping through your mind pretty much uncontrollably. Because you have answered all the questions ??

Edited by Dazgwny

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you contemplate you obviously don't have a silent mind. And that is not a problem.

There is a time for silent mind, and a time for active mind.

Silent mind is appropriate for after years of contemplating, once all your questions are answered. Then you can bask in silence. But trying to silence the mind too early by shutting down questioning and wondering is a mistake. It will just make you a silent jackass.

Silence is not the goal. The goal is total self-understanding. Silence will naturally come once that is achieved. Silence is not understanding, but deep understanding leads to profound silence.

Brilliant. Thank you, @Leo Gura, this cleared up my initial befuddlement. 

5 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Ultimately, all this is your Thought. God's thought. That's why I said that ultimately, there is no distinction. It's like when you're very low conscious, all your thoughts are very primitive and concerned with survival. When you transcend wrong identification, you see that thought is not occurring to you as a separate being, but that you are God thinking everything into existence. This gets thought out of misperception and welcomes infinite intelligence to manifest.

Meditation and contemplation are two practices and you should first treat them as such. If you decide to surrender, surrender. If you decide to contemplate, contemplate. Don't instill the wrong belief that you need to figure anything out. Just be curious. In the end, both practices organically merge, and it's one and the same.

Thoughts identified with are normie thoughts, and non-identified thoughts are godly thoughts. That makes sense.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is thinking.

The problem is that the Buddhist types have demonized thinking.

There are high levels of spiritual thinking. This is what produces understanding, along with expansions in your states of consciousness.

The key is to expand your state of consciousness combined with high quality subtle forms of thinking. This produces understanding and insight.

Is it the degree of identification with thought that determines most of the quality of our thinking?

2 hours ago, wildflower said:

That video is incorrect though, your axis is wrong, and when you refer to Buddhism,. you refer to 20% of Buddhism and talk as though is 100% (you do this type of absolute speech all the time btw)

Buddhism covers both sides of your stupid axis lol, it covers the downregulation of conciousness via vipassna, and on the other side it goes to INFINITE conciouss via Jhana, more complete then 5meo -- you just haven't experienced it, and your ignorant, and you foolishly dont know what your talking about

Thanks for sharing your perspective, I actually find it really beautiful and elegant, but I've never heard such a thing said of vipassana and jhana... What makes you think this, and can you back the claim with references to the suttas?

2 hours ago, Vynce said:

For me it was quite the opposite. Directly realizing that your existence is Love and Love only doesn't make you sit there in silence. It pure ecstasy. Laughter, singing, dancing is the result when every questions is answered. 

That's sounds pretty (read: very) cool.

Edited by softlyblossoming