Ruth

Why doesn't anyone I know care about consciousness and reality?

38 posts in this topic

@Ruth They don't care because it doesn't seem beneficial for them to do such a thing. You care however because for you it is beneficial.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Honestly since I went through pickup, and learnt about power dynamics in social interactions.

I really think the opinion people have is often based more on the context of the social interaction in which it is expressed.

For example, if I engaged my diaphragm and talked to someone with steady eye contact about spiritual enlightenment I'd get a lot more supporting opinions than if I said it with less authority. Rhetoric is everywhere!

That said, ideas of consciousness popular in our circles do tear apart a lot of people's world views, and ultimately there sense of security and safety. So, it makes sense, to me, for them to resist accepting our views.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

On 9.2.2022 at 0:08 AM, Ruth said:

Do people really go through their whole lives never wondering what's actually going on? 

Exactly, this is the weirdest thing to me at this point. Especially when I see older people, in the back of my mind I am thinking "damn, these people lived a whole life without ever finding out what or who they are". Going into the existential is so natural at some point, these people must be going against the flow of life

If life was a highway, most people would be ghost drivers 

Edited by Jakuchu

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You described my entire life.

So you also watched Leo's videos for about 6 years? 

Meanwhile a mathematician “How do they live like that, never understanding how math is everywhere! Symmetry, estimation, probabilities, universal nature patterns! We live in a blind world!”

Ahah although we take great interest on these matters other people might be busy understanding other equally deep and foundational topics of Human Existence. I don’t think evolution is done by everyone starting to contemplate human consciousness and reality. Is done by people realizing the depth of existence, which can steam from many places, from pottery to medicine to math. And yet, every path takes to enlightenment isn’t that so?

15 minutes ago, Barbara said:

And yet, every path takes to enlightenment isn’t that so?

No, some paths take you to the middle east, fighting a holy war over nothing 

@Jakuchu True! But that's not what I meant. I meant evolution is done by changing structural patterns of behavior, even if that looks very different for everyone. And because reality is highly fractal, you get different systems similar in nature. So every path, that steams from proper principles does lead to enlightenment. 

“If a man knows more than others, he becomes lonely.” — Jung

indeed

our job is to learn how to communicate with both the beggar and the emperor

we only understand something to the extent you can explain it to a 5-year old

let's stop being so esoteric trapped in the world of jargon and concepts and reclaim being fresh innocent full of excitement like a child again

yes the truth is beyond words but if we feel the love we will get the point across

you are the one the world has long awaited

let existence speak

Edited by gettoefl

22 hours ago, gettoefl said:

“If a man knows more than others, he becomes lonely.” — Jung

For a man who knows, others cease to exist ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

For a man who knows, others cease to exist ;)

yes

open your eyes look around you ... consciousness is nothing more than what 'you' bring to the table

dh.jpg

On 2/8/2022 at 8:08 PM, Ruth said:

For as long as I can remember I've felt both curious about and incredibly perplexed by reality and consciousness. I used to ask my parents a lot of questions about life when I was very young and they said I would grow out of it. I'm now 24, I've been watching Leo's videos for about 6 years and I'm more curious than ever. Whenever I talk to anyone about it, they act like I'm insane and they say that it's never even crossed their mind and it's not worth thinking about. How can you possibly think about anything else? Do people really go through their whole lives never wondering what's actually going on? 

Have you ever did psychedelics ?

I've always been deeply interested in these topics but through the years I've noticed people don't like talking about these topics. In some extreme cases it can even be dangerous such as the case of the decapitation of a French school teacher last year who dared to ask his students to question religion. Throughout the years I've stopped talking about these topics because most people just don't care. I've never had a single friend who I could openly talk about life, reality etc. It's actually quite a lonely existence. ?

1 hour ago, DManKee said:

I've never had a single friend who I could openly talk about life, reality etc. It's actually quite a lonely existence.

Same. all life surrounded by people who look like zombies. except for some exception that I greatly appreciate. not only that they are not interested in understanding, that is the least of it. it is that they are not interested in giving themselves, living with integrity and intensity. just worried about fitting in. petty, small, idiots

I would have stopped questioning reality a while ago if i didn’t feel like it was benefiting my life. Most people don’t think it will so they don’t bother. But eventually once the dream starts to crumble people start to see the importance in spirituality. 

They just think I am a Hippie and just stupid that there is more to know about reality than them. What they dont know they think it is a wasting of time to speak about. What they know, they think thats the truth. 

It is just philiosophical talking to them, too boring to think really about. 

Mentioning that I use psychedelica they think I am crazy, and that I take them just for searching for happiness. They think I am a drug addict

I talk openly about spirituality because I really dont care anymore. I am old enough and can handle the consequences. I feel more free to talk about this 

Edited by OBEler

5 minutes ago, OBEler said:

I talk openly about spirituality because I really dont care anymore. I am old enough and can handle the consequences. I feel more free to talk about this 

I never talk about that, that's what this forum is for. With people I talk about what interests them, so at least you get something interesting. if you talk about spirituality to someone who doesn't care, you're just going to look like an idiot. also remember: the tao that can be said is not the tao

@Breakingthewall it is not that out of nowhere I talk about spirituality.

But sometimes there are situations, like talking about drugs etc.

Still you must be careful when social matrix can really harm you. Never talk openly on job with someone about spirituality, except you are absolutely sure he is on the same journey.

Edited by OBEler