Philipp

What is Daniel Schmachtenbergs career path?

48 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I can't find out what he did prior to founding the consilience project. I know he studied Mathematics and Counseling psychology, but I don't know what work experiences he has, how he finances himself (he can't be making a lot of money with his consilience project).

It's inspiring to me to study the path of people who have very meaningful work and understand how they managed financing themselves, while doing what they love.

If you guys know something, please share. 

He sells a nootropic supplement.

The classic Alex Jones grift :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura so does joe rogan lol

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

He sells a nootropic supplement.

The classic Alex Jones grift :D

What's wrong with selling supplements? How's that a grift?

Edited by vladorion

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

It's a joke. They're actually good supplements ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I vaguely remember him talking abou risk management and assessment, I got the idea he used to do those for companies. But might be wrong.

2 hours ago, Barbara said:

I vaguely remember him talking abou risk management and assessment, I got the idea he used to do those for companies. But might be wrong.

Yes I also remember this vaguely. I think it was mentioned that he's doing some kind of risk analyses for companies and political institutions/officials.

6 hours ago, vladorion said:

Selling a $100/bottle brain supplement is very grifty in my book. That's some old-school Tim Ferris shit.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Selling a $100/bottle brain supplement is very grifty in my book. That's some old-school Tim Ferris shit.

I haven't tried his supplement so I can't say anything about it. But generally speaking, you get what you pay for. Quality products are expensive. He could probably make a cheaper product with lower quality ingredients. Assuming he's a grifter just because his products are expensive is irrational.

30 minutes ago, vladorion said:

I haven't tried his supplement so I can't say anything about it. But generally speaking, you get what you pay for. Quality products are expensive. He could probably make a cheaper product with lower quality ingredients. Assuming he's a grifter just because his products are expensive is irrational.

you basically pay for the recipe, but if you check the ingredients, a lot of them are b vitamins++   you don’t even know the amount of what is inside, difficult to say if the dosage of one pill per day is enough, to do what for example one ingredient alone could do in a supplement. some stuff on the lists, i tried as a supplement without noticing positive or negative difference, so i wouldn’t want them in the product as a filler. if you are good with neutropics you’d probably make your own mix. doesn’t sound bad, some of the stuff makes sense and maybe yeah they are probably one of the better products on the market and probably you can trust in the quality of raw material in the product. so you pay extra for the receipe. some of the pills you shouldn't mix, i can’t see warnings on that - so i also wonder on the ingredients, if they are thoroughly checked for compatibility.

41 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Quality products are expensive. He could probably make a cheaper product with lower quality ingredients. Assuming he's a grifter just because his products are expensive is irrational.

Any supplements that fund a media business have to be over-priced. If they were to be priced honestly, the business wouldn't have survived from selling them, it would be a supplement business then and it would need to have a consumer base much larger than a pool of viewers of some channel.

I am amazed at how Leo is able to sustain Actualized, because the LP course is greatly priced and not a grift, and it's the only course, for how many years now? Many years. I guess a lot of people buy the book list to support the channel.

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

But generally speaking, you get what you pay for.

Not when it comes to supplements.

@mememe  Qualia Mind Essentials (the cheaper variant) has quite a lot of high-quality ingredients. Take a look at the ingredients list on the Neurohacker website.

How much would it cost buying similar quantities of each ingredient separately?

Edited by UnbornTao

Before all his "bigger" stuff, I heard him say he was a counsellor for a while as well. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 do you vaguely remember where you heard that. I would try to look it up. Counselor could mean a lot of things. 

@Barbara  Nice thank you! Risk management sounds like an interesting job (makes also sense if he studied mathematics, he probably did also some quantitative risk analysis). Do you vaguely remember where he mentioned that?

@Barbara

13 hours ago, Barbara said:

@Philipp Not sure but I think it was on dark horse!

Seriously? He worked on Dark Horse comics? What position?

This probably explains why he can think in depth and broadly, he drew a lot of characters and stuff. That explains a lot.

14 hours ago, Philipp said:

@Matt23 do you vaguely remember where you heard that. I would try to look it up. Counselor could mean a lot of things. 

I know exactly where.  From his mouth.  Lol.  Counsellor as in "therapist".  

One of the countless videos he's been in.  I think with The Stoa.  Not sure which one. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins