Evoke

Triggered by Anna Brown

76 posts in this topic

Why am i getting triggered by this? Maybe because it doesn't correspond to my everyday experience of life. She makes it sounds so simple. Its easy when you are an young, attractive woman who have a farm.

Edited by Evoke

I used to get triggered by things like this as well. But she is so right. I love her so much. It is simple, but not if you are still unaware that you are the one creating your own story, then it might be hard to accept what she is trying to teach or point to.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

She's not enlightened.

How do you know for sure?

Everything she says sounds like platitudes.

That's probably why you get triggered by it. It just doesn't seem authentic. 

It's one thing to not resonate with Neo-Advaita, it's another thing to get triggered by it.

@Evoke How exactly do you feel when you get triggered?

@Evoke Ultimately I don't really know. I don't even know if she is a conscious being, or if she exists at all. And I don't know exactly the "I" or "she" that I'm saying.

But I can feel that she's trying hard, so that'd be inauthentic. But maybe that's just my perception, so again I don't really know.

What might be of relevance to your question would probably be to be precise about your experience. What are the thoughts you're getting when you listen to her? And why her exactly? Does Sadhguru for example trigger you too? Yes or no? :D

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Evoke Ultimately I don't really know. I don't even know if she is a conscious being, or if she exists at all. And I don't know exactly the "I" or "she" that I'm saying.

But I can feel that she's trying hard, so that'd be inauthentic. But maybe that's just my perception, so again I don't really know.

What might be of relevance to your question would probably be to be precise about your experience. What are the thoughts you're getting when you listen to her? And why her exactly? Does Sadhguru for example trigger you too? Yes or no? :D

Maybe it has something to do with that im attracted to her physically knowing i cant have her, so her talk about self love falls on deaf ears.

Just now, Evoke said:

Maybe it has something to do with that im attracted to her physically knowing i cant have her, so her talk about self love falls on deaf ears.

That sounds like more speculation, and it doesn't really help.

Usually when I feel triggered, it's not just a feeling, there are thoughts too. Grab a pen and a paper and start journaling right away if you're still feeling it, or once that feeling surfaces again.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

4 minutes ago, Evoke said:

Sounds like love to me :x ;)
But notice that you are the one creating her, so she is only talking about the thing you want for yourself, but you are maybe not willing to give yourself love? So you feel lack and get upset that you dont have it? What is stopping you from loving yourself right now?

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

For some reason I sense she is speaking from a place of trauma, and it feels more like a diary entry to herself - a reminder to herself that she is enough as she is, that she deserves love, etc. It does not feel like she is communicating to others exactly (and yes I see the potential for a spot of non-dual irony there)

In any case she appears to have good intentions, and that's what counts!

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

24 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

Sounds like love to me :x ;)
But notice that you are the one creating her, so she is only talking about the thing you want for yourself, but you are maybe not willing to give yourself love? So you feel lack and get upset that you dont have it? What is stopping you from loving yourself right now?

Yeah maybe you are right. It kind of is my biggest fantasy next to getting enlightened myself, to meet a gorgeous, natural gal like Anna and fall deeply in non-dual love.

And thanks for all your replies folks, i will look into why i am getting triggered.

I never vibed with her.  She seems inauthentic and just... I dunno.. a bit "much".  Like she's acting and being inauthentic somehow.  I dunno.

But I don't feel triggered really, necessarily.  Like, I can listen to her without feeling frustrated or angry.  

I do feel a sense of queeziness though. haha.  like "oooo man... she just seems so weird and 'off' and 'out there'" or something.  Like a social queeziness lol.  Maybe a bit "crrrrayzay" lol.

But ya. 

True, look into that triggerdness. might help.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm just alone and waiting to die.

Is there nothing you can do to make things more pleasant while you wait?

you're lucky she puts herself out there so you can do some shadow work on yourself and stop projecting your shitty tiny self to everything :x

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

I was also triggered by Anna, but in a positive way. I first came across her just days before a mystical experience I had last April. Her gentle push gave me just what I needed.

Later, I posted one of her Youtube Video Diaries in the High Consciousness Resources forum-section. Serious inner-work could be done by the simplest of messages and lead to the understanding that that work is ultimately unnecessary in order to comprehend non-duality. It's just what IS. YOU.

Greg.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

11 minutes ago, catcat69123 said:

you're lucky she puts herself out there so you can do some shadow work on yourself and stop projecting your shitty tiny self to everything :x

Dude, calm down.  No need to act that offensive on a spiritual forum.

i'm not triggered by her.

she seems cool.

but she also scares me a bit, like i'd be scared to sleep next to her that she suffocates me with a pillow while telling me god is love or something