flowboy

PsychedSubstance going through rough times, childhood trauma

78 posts in this topic

@Javfly33 why then he is so fucked up because of kratom ,high doses of lsd did not work, 5 meo did not work..

seems like a heavy addiction. 

he took it every day.."because of back injury in the gym". wtf how can you injury your back in the gym. this is almost impossible!

Edited by OBEler

5 hours ago, roopepa said:

I don't understand what you are saying.

To expand on my previous response, being sober is something that can be refined and mastered, in the sense that the benefits you get from it puts you off wanting to take any mind-altering substances.

This idea goes hand-in-hand with physical health, emotional mastery and spiritual growth. The overarching concepts that unites these three realms are "vitality" and "resilience", or "internal regulatory capacity": your ability to tackle stress and control your internal and external environment. This is the goal of all therapy, all psychedelic drugs, all meditation.

Hedonic drugs are external regulators, and once you get dependent on them, you ride the hedonic-adaptive slide all the way to the bottom until you discontinue use either voluntarily or by force, either intermittently ("tolerance break") or permanently (when you overdose on heroin at 27). How severe this process is depends on your internal regulatory capacity, which is controlled by the amount of trauma you have, your genes, your cognitive-emotional style etc. To maximize regulatory capacity means to heal trauma, recognize your genetic predispositions and learning healthy cognitive-emotional regulative patterns, i.e. physical health, emotional mastery and spiritual growth.

Once your vitality and resilience is maximized, you're turned off by any type of non-essential external regulators, because your internal state allows for a much more refined state of consciousness (more meaningful, more resourceful, more blissful). Hedonic bliss is not the same as existential bliss, at least not in the long run. One is self-contained, self-improving and organic, the other is dependent, degenerative and synthetic.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Javfly33 why then he is so fucked up because of kratom ,high doses of lsd did not work, 5 meo did not work..

he took it every day.."because of back injury in the gym". wtf how can you injury your back in the gym. this is almost impossible!

The guy didn't have a great psychological foundation and was basically a drug abuser long before he got into psychedelics with his channel. 

5meodmt, lsd these things are tools but they will not fix you. It takes more than just that... I don't think people should rely on a substance to completely change you. I don't think he ever really got into 5meo though...

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art thats right, he tried it one time, had a bad trip. also that he was an drug abuser before he started the channel (lots of mdma i know so far)

he is sympathic guy but lacks somehow a plan or something. it just seems like random tripping.

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Dude I dont think you need ibogaine for Kratom.

He's addicted to opioids and more beyond kratom.

Ibogaine could certainly help him but also I feel like he's done way too many substances already and more substances is not the answer to his problems. He's addicted to abusing substances even more so than any particular substance itself.

You have to be very careful about upsetting the chemical balance of your whole system with a bunch of chronic chemicals. Adding more and more chemicals into the mix is not wise, it's like digging yourself deeper into a hole.

The whole premise of his channel is problematic because it encourages him to keep experimenting with more and more substances when he really just needs to go cold-turkey for a good long while. He needs something like a 12-step program with an accountability partner.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Seems to me like we never discuss sobriety as a means to improve one's life. Maybe I'm missing something..

Adam seems similar to CG Kid:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I used to watch a lot of his videos in my early days. I think what this shows me is just how critical a stable upbringing is. I admittedly use some of the drugs he has abused...MDMA and nitrous in particular. Probably once every 2 months. He says at his worst he did 50 carts in one day. I think I've done 400 in a weekend before and my volume is definitely higher than his in general, but it hasn't interfered with my life in a negative way at all. I have never used psychedelics or drugs to dull inner pain or create a false sense of satisfaction. I had a very stable upbringing though and I think that matters a lot. Something traumatic happened to him and this was his way out. 

8 hours ago, roopepa said:

If you want to try it, take it while you are doing something, such as writing, reading or something like that. Think of it as more of a nootropic. It opens and focuses your mind, just not as much as psychedelics.

Agreed but the problem with weed is that the after effects are quite bad. It blurs and dis-harmonizes the mind. I used to be a daily user as well and it was only until I went on my first meditation retreat did I see the subtle damage it creates. At this point for myself, the lows are generally not worth the high. Ive still occasionally used and of those occasional uses, very few sessions are ultimately satisfying because of the dulling, after effects. 

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

To expand on my previous response, being sober is something that can be refined and mastered, in the sense that the benefits you get from it puts you off wanting to take any mind-altering substances.

This idea goes hand-in-hand with physical health, emotional mastery and spiritual growth. The overarching concepts that unites these three realms are "vitality" and "resilience", or "internal regulatory capacity": your ability to tackle stress and control your internal and external environment. This is the goal of all therapy, all psychedelic drugs, all meditation.

Hedonic drugs are external regulators, and once you get dependent on them, you ride the hedonic-adaptive slide all the way to the bottom until you discontinue use either voluntarily or by force, either intermittently ("tolerance break") or permanently (when you overdose on heroin at 27). How severe this process is depends on your internal regulatory capacity, which is controlled by the amount of trauma you have, your genes, your cognitive-emotional style etc. To maximize regulatory capacity means to heal trauma, recognize your genetic predispositions and learning healthy cognitive-emotional regulative patterns, i.e. physical health, emotional mastery and spiritual growth.

Once your vitality and resilience is maximized, you're turned off by any type of non-essential external regulators, because your internal state allows for a much more refined state of consciousness (more meaningful, more resourceful, more blissful). Hedonic bliss is not the same as existential bliss, at least not in the long run. One is self-contained, self-improving and organic, the other is dependent, degenerative and synthetic.

What a high quality post!

6 minutes ago, Consilience said:

What a high quality post!

Hehe thanks :D I might make an own thread on vitality and resilience (and internal regulation). They're powerful holistic concepts from the psychological literature.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

What does taking opiods have to do with psychedelics? Good grief.  My Shaman overcame his drug addiction in the jungles of Peru.   This included powerful plants to detoxify the body and mind before even using any visionary plant medicines.   This is why I follow the Shamanic traditions and do most of my work in Mexico.  Americans are arrogant and think they can just make it up as they go along.  It is like someone who sticks a screwdriver in his ear and then says screwdrivers don’t work.  He wouldn’t learn the proper use from an experienced carpenter.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 hours ago, Khr said:

What other forms of therapy work better? 

Primal therapy, Emotional Release Therapy, Gestalt, Internal Family Systems (IFS), also ketamine-assisted psychotherapy.

This is by no means a complete list of therapies that work well!

Others will be able to list more.

I only recommend things I have personally experienced, or at least personally have gotten to know practitioners of.

But some therapists trained in other, more mainstream therapy forms can still be great, when they are willing to venture beyond their training and go as deep as is required.

Someone can only take you as deep as they have been willing to go with themselves.

This is why selecting the right person is so important.

Do they seem awake, alive, fulfilled, is there a light shining bright from their eyes, and do they radiate love?

Do they have the vibe that you would like to have?

Do you feel like he/she gets you?

Then that might be the right person.

Otherwise stay away, because you might just spend tens of thousands just talking about your life to a bored person, who takes some notes and then goes home to their family and complains about you.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

14 hours ago, OBEler said:

I dont believe he is fucked from the kratom, unless he have been using extracts, which in that case It would be an actual opioid use like any other in the market.

Im sure he is fucked because of the other drugs, stimulants particularly or basically his reckless behaviour with Psychedelics

@Javfly33 @Jodistrict

How Do you come to this conclusions that it is not kratom. Where in his Videos were He fucked up because of psychedelica? He is a good psychonaut and said himselfe he learned to navigate even in the most horrific trips

9 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Javfly33 @Jodistrict

How Do you come to this conclusions that it is not kratom. Where in his Videos were He fucked up because of psychedelica? He is a good psychonaut and said himselfe he learned to navigate even in the most horrific trips

"I took 3.5 tabs of acid to try to reset my brain". I mean if that doesnt sound irresponsable to you...

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He's addicted to opioids and more beyond kratom.

Ibogaine could certainly help him but also I feel like he's done way too many substances already and more substances is not the answer to his problems. He's addicted to abusing substances even more so than any particular substance itself.

You have to be very careful about upsetting the chemical balance of your whole system with a bunch of chronic chemicals. Adding more and more chemicals into the mix is not wise, it's like digging yourself deeper into a hole.

The whole premise of his channel is problematic because it encourages him to keep experimenting with more and more substances when he really just needs to go cold-turkey for a good long while. He needs something like a 12-step program with an accountability partner.

^this. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

As he says in his video, he's "always been very averse to therapy" - this tells me enough.

That which you most need, will be found where you least want to look

- Carl Gustav Jung

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Do you people think he has fully God-enlightened at least once?