ChrisZoZo

Why is, something nothing.

23 posts in this topic

In thought of how the universe started it's god's creation but how come god himself can exist. The answer I thought originally is that nothing is something therefore when there is nothing, something still exists. From the fact that no limitation would be imposed on this something this means there is god who would out of love create the universe. Although  this relies on nothing being something which is true but maybe not at the timeless beginning (when god created him self). But how can nothing be something what gives that is existence. 

I feel like I am missing more in the origin of god can someone explain how something is nothing and how god exists originally.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

12 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

In thought of how the universe started it's god's creation but how come god himself can exist.

You are speaking as though God is separate from existence.

God is Existence.

Existence is infinite .. with no beginning and no end. This makes God immortal .. as you probably already intuited. 

@Terell Kirby How do I speak that god is separate from existence? Also not sure how you answered the answer to why something being nothing came about. If 

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

@Terell Kirby How do I speak that god is separate from existence? Also not sure how you answered the answer to why something being nothing came about. If 

you state god is infinite that's fine but how can it be so that his infiniteness in something being nothing be itself true.  

God is everything and nothing, so it can't go anywhere. It's always been.

Whatever state you imagine reality was in before it materialized, God is that state too. God is all possible states.

There is no difference between anything, so there is no difference between something and nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no difference between anything, so there is no difference between something and nothing.

@Leo Gura WOW! I have to ask why is there not nothing as supposed to reality where there is no distinctions between nothing and something. Is this confusion here because I am creating the idea of distinctions and there is truly absolutely foundationally no distinctions at all? Then can I ask how can a totally distinctionless states have consciousness.

8 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Then can I ask how can a totally distinctionless states have consciousness.

Notice you are creating a definition of what it means to "have consciousness" here and judging that this experience you are having "has consciousness". But this isn't consciousness, this is a distinction you are making (from an imagined non-consciousness state). There can't be a "state that doesn't have consciousness".

The idea of state is misguided too. It's not a state that is distinctionless, reality/everything is. If you start to say no-distinction is a state, you are creating a distinction between a moment of distinction and a moment of no distinctions.

The answer is not what you’re looking for. The question is. Answers would all be distractions for one if it were possible for that one to want to know the true answer.

“Only the hand that erases can write the true thing.” - Meister Eckhart

5 hours ago, ChrisZoZo said:

@Leo Gura WOW! I have to ask why is there not nothing as supposed to reality where there is no distinctions between nothing and something.

YOU are imagining all distinctions.

Stop imagining a difference and it will disappear.

Is this confusion here because I am creating the idea of distinctions and there is truly absolutely foundationally no distinctions at all?

Yup, you are God dreaming reality.

Then can I ask how can a totally distinctionless states have consciousness.

Consciousness is not a biological phenomenon. Consciousness is also not a thing.

Consciousness is NOTHING.

A distinctless state doesn't have consciousness. It just is. It is NOTHING, and that is what consciousness is.

@ChrisZoZo It's something from a mind perspective and nothing from a no-mind perspective. It's the mind that created something out of nothing. Relative vs Absolute.

9 hours ago, ChrisZoZo said:

I feel like I am missing more in the origin of god can someone explain how something is nothing and how god exists originally.

Something isn't nothing. Nothing is not. Nothing isn't. Something is, nothing isn't, it is not. That is why it is called nothing. No-thing, not-a-thing. Things exist, no-things don't. You have a concept of nothing, a word that does not point to anything in actuality. This is diametrically different from something. There isn't anything that is more distant from something than nothing.

And yet, try to grasp what it means for something to exist. Take any ordinary object and see how it comes to pass that this thing exists. It exists because it is different from other things. Now inspect what is difference. Does difference exist? Difference is not something, like an object, it is nothing, and yet-everything exists because of it.

Something and nothing are unified via difference. This is completely paradoxical, I can't explain it in any conventional way. When I speak of it, it seems like I'm violating every way in which language is supposed to work. Sorry if it seems like rambling.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The tongue doesn't have a taste itself, the center of the eye only works by the blindness of letting in light through a pitch black hole, the eye of a hurricane is peace. When you look, really look, at something as if you've never seen it before do you know it, or not know it? You are the utter presence that looks, it doesn't know what it's looking for. We superimpose images over that pure every present, always now looking that say we recognize and know what something is, but the knowing itself in it's pure brilliance is neither knowing nor not knowing. 

So that's just "how" you're already reading this text, seeing this screen. Thought, occurring now or memory (occurring now) claims to know otherwise. But it's not the Knowing. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Nothing certainly exists. This is it.

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s like looking everywhere for your car keys and when you finally find them there wasn’t a you & a car keys. 

What a joke. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A distinctless state doesn't have consciousness. It just is. It is NOTHING, and that is what consciousness is.

Then I ask, (and it might sound stupid) how come consciousness is. 

10 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Then I ask, (and it might sound stupid) how come consciousness is. 

At the most final of all “why” questions, what could really be expected other than “is.”