blessedlion1993

unhealthy relationship with actualized.org?

12 posts in this topic

I find myself a bit too entrenched in Leos work, i love it so much but i feel it's a bit obsessive. For example, the videos help me sleep and i listen to a video pretty much every night while dozing off. But i worry about the ideas getting put in my head, specifically around solipsism or the idea that my experience is the only and every thing that is happening. Sometimes this is extremely beautiful and feels true and other times it freaks me out and seems ridiculous. I feel a bit like im playing with fire.

should i slow down with consuming this content?

it's just everything else seems boring and false now. i can't even listen to 99% of the bullshit out there. 

michael sealey hypnosis and actualized.org is pretty much all i consume, granted i pretty much spend my whole day outside in nature and with people so i don't consume much content. 

Work on adding some other teachers into the mix that you resonate with. I have had good periods of time where I did listen to Leo daily. I have listened to a ton of it at this point. I don't find myself needing to listen to it nearly as much these days. More focused on getting things into practice. It's nice though to refresh on topics that I am working on and check out the new content. 

I think a big part of this kind of work is really just getting the theory down. Depending on how long you have been doing this it can take awhile. A lot of this stuff is not in modern culture. You will reach a point after a few years where you have consumed a lot of this and are ready to really put this into practice. 

Try to find a good balance though. Just listening to this stuff all day will have some results, but if you put effort into things discussed that is where you will get the big results. Try to take action on the practices presented in the videos. Maybe even study a video a few times while you are working on it. 

1 hour ago, blessedlion1993 said:

I feel a bit like im playing with fire.

you are

This type of content is very threatening to most people. The best way imo is to thoroughly ground yourself - ie putting lots of work into connecting to your root chakra. That'll give you a solid foundation that can much better withstand ego dissolution

I would suggest to not be deeply involved with some of the spiritual stuff. Because it can radically shift your worldview and sometimes that's not something a lot of people can handle. I myself cannot handle that. 

It can go too deep. 

So i would suggest a lighter form of spirituality like yoga and connection with inner self etc. That would be preferable to people like you. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Do what feels right to you. If the stuff resonates, go with it. If you feel that your relationship is unhealthy, lean back a bit and take a break.

I've had some years of heavy engagement and some years of withdrawl and breaks.

And in the end, I could directly verify everything Leo said in my direct experience and it turned out to be on point and precisely the truth.

What I would be careful about however is Leos views on relationships (not just intimate ones). From my point of view, Leo lacks experience and wisdom in that domain and often underestimates its importance. (Just my opinion)

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

It.take 4.or 5 years of.contemplation to digest leos.or.general.self.help.content and make a good sense of it.so my advice is dont do anything stupid,use your common sense and impliment what u learn and do this for 5 years

This post might seem unrelated first but it'll make sense towards the end.

A few months back, I really acknowledged the fact that I am God. I was listening to Leo's videos and this God theory really resonated with me. However, during a very powerful ketamine trip, I painfully realized that all of these "knowledge" I thought I had were only mind games, I was selectively looking for information that will support my belief that I was god, but even my definition of the phrase "You are God" was problematic, because by saying "You", you are pointing towards something other than "you". I fell into the trap of the subjectivity of the language without being aware of it, and that trip released me from my delusion. I'm not saying that this theory is wrong, I had other experiences which verified this idea, but I realized I need to become much more sceptic and make sure to eliminate my assumptions before adopting other's own inferences as truth.

After that day I stopped watching Leo's videos and spend less time in the forum. When I browse the topics I see lots of delusion caused by the same mind games I had, and for some reason some people actually encourage believing without knowing. I remember a topic where someone spoke about his doubts, and Leo locked the topic with just a sentence "Wake up". How are we going to know what's true if it's forbidden to talk against it? Could that be the reason why people think Actualized.org is cultish?

Leo needs to stop marketing his ideas as the "highest truth a person ever achieved" because even this can cause damage to people's reasoning skills. What I know is that Truth is ineffable, and whenever you try to communicate it you'll cause lots of misconceptions.

Lastly here's my two cents, be extra cautious for solipsism.

Like others have said; it can be quite dangerous to make an idol of any one teacher because everyone's perspective is limited. And you can't be a 100% positive that everything Leo says is true. He could either be deceiving us, or he could be deceiving himself, which in turns could be deceiving us.

What other people here have pointed out; a teaching like that you are God can be very dangerous for people who accept such a statement on blind faith. And a lot of people will accept such a statement because it is highly appealing to the ego. 

So crosscheck sources with other sources, teachers with other teachers. Think things through, does it really makes sense what this person is saying? What are the consequences to myself and to others if I accept this doctrine? And does this doctrine stroke with reality?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Hm, I would consider listening to other people or even getting used to being in silence. 

I also listen to a clip before bed or when I get home from work. I feel like I am still trying to digest and recontextualize what Leo is saying with my own contemplation and direct experience.

im sure I’ll out grow it soon. It’s sort of like eating candy sometimes. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Any symbolic tool you use to help yourself awaken will ultimately fall short and become a hindrance at some point. This much should be obvious to you from the outset.

Just don't be foolish enough to burn the canoe before you've crossed the river.

You should seek perspectives besides my own.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Go listen to some Ram Dass or Alan Watts, and just go back to the basics of spirituality.  I like to do that from time to time, and it can be very refreshing. Leo’s teachings are incredibly advanced, and the ego really doesn’t like to hear it. Also, Leo is a pretty blunt guy, and he will put these truths to you very bluntly, which will not be received well by the ego a lot of the time.  Teachers like Ram Dass and Alan Watts kind of dance around the point and explain things in a much more fluffy and gentle way. I have had to go back to simpler teachings a few times and work my way back up to Actualized.org content.  After developing a little more and having deeper awakenings, I would come back to a video of Leo’s and I would hear it in a whole new light: “Oooh, THAT’s what he meant by that!”

There’s stuff that Leo would say that would fly so over my head that it would be like I just literally didn’t hear it at all, until I came back after having deeper experiences.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer