SaltyMeatballs

Is having good social media necessary for picking up girls?

18 posts in this topic

People like RSD Max suggest working on your Instagram but I was wondering if it's truly effective at attracting more girls?

No, unless you're running serious long-term social circle game.

Instagram is too indirect otherwise. You need to be getting her number and setting up the date logistic right there in person as she is giving you the number. Do not get a number without date logistics cleared up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, it’s very good to have. You can build a network and keep in touch with women that way. Seeing you put up good photos and stories is attractive, if they are good. It’s not 100% required but all the hot girls are on IG. It only helps, so do it. It’s also a great way to get good photos for tinder. 

Edited by Lyubov

1 minute ago, Lyubov said:

Yes, it’s very good to have. You can build a network and keep in touch with women that way. Seeing you put up good photos and stories is attractive, if they are good. It’s not 100% required but all the hot girls are on IG. It only helps, so do it. It’s also a great way to get good photos for tinder. 

Did you ever do pickup with just your Instagram? I think instagram would be the ideal way if you wanted to use online resources for game

35 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Did you ever do pickup with just your Instagram? I think instagram would be the ideal way if you wanted to use online resources for game

I have. I’ve used it as a substitute for a phone number in the past. I’ve gotten several dates from sliding into the DMs on Instagram and have gotten laid through it as well. In a sense it can be used as a dating app and as a contact. I overall don’t prefer it as a base for setting up a date. Telegram and WhatsApp are actually much better if you met a girl in the club, on the street, or tinder, etc and took her contacts. There is one or two downside with Instagram and it’s the follow feature and the amount of dudes sliding in on it. The follower feature can be a huge blessing because it shows she is into you. She can also see how cool you are if you slide in her DMs. The major downside is you can end up being just another follower of hers. Hot girls will often have a lot of thirsty dudes/simps following them. They will follow back some of them and unfollow or not follow the ones they aren’t interested in. Do not be a follower. I unfollow all the girls that unfollow me. Don’t need those follower vibes on my social media. I would get her phone or WhatsApp or telegram initially and then get her IG in the first or second date if you both are a vibe. It’s also good to just build a big social circle like this. Hot girls will be liking your photos and it feels good, also if you met through friends and have a big network like this you can usually get them out on a date eventually. If they were randoms off the street or in the bar they may unfollow you or not follow you back at all so best to get a messenger for those and IG for social circle game. Girls keep plenty of dudes in their pocket via IG, you can do the same as well.

Edited by Lyubov

Yup its actually very useful once you build up a nice profile. Have about 6-9 high quality pics on yourself and have a nice story catalog of you doing interesting things. I actually started using my instagram more to meet chicks in the last year or so and the results have been great for me.

If i approach in person sometimes the girl doesnt feel comfortable giving out her number so insta is less compliance, if you build up an interesting page she will usually comment on one of your stories and from there you can exchange numbers and go for the meet up. Its not my main method of meeting chicks but it is effective when used right

If you meet a girl and you exchange social media profiles, you better believe shortly after the interaction she is gunna click on your feed, scroll through and ask herself "who the fuck is this guy?". Social media plays a part in modern dating. 

" My whole style of Game is making the girl think: Oh, he is THAT guy." RSD Madison 

Edited by Spence94

Not at all actually.

In fact, it’s more attractive to a woman/girl if you DONT have social media.  It’s a paradox.  You might think:  “damn she’s going to think I’m weird or like I’m a serial killer or something.” Or “she probably thinks I have no friends”. Lmao. No no, it allows her mind to stop coming up with assumptions about you based on lurking your social media.  Just think of what you do when you creep someone’s profile—you’re making up stories or your impression of them based on their digital self.

Just because your pictures and profile looks “good” she can easily skim your profile and come up with a negative assumption about you based on something she read or saw.

Then you’re stuck doing damage control by being her simp trying to get on her good side. 

digital self ≠ your real (ego) self

BUT good luck deleting all the apps people are addicted to though.  ?  It’s like crack to people.

2 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

In fact, it’s more attractive to a woman/girl if you DONT have social media

2 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Just because your pictures and profile looks “good” she can easily skim your profile and come up with a negative assumption about you based on something she read or saw.

Then you’re stuck doing damage control by being her simp trying to get on her good side. 

Don't know if your spewing dogma or if your speaking from anecdotal experience. If you have a good profile it adds more to your character as your going to appear more interesting.

If your going to approach a woman go for the number close first if not just casually ask for an ig. Ive had women who's ig I got, who weren't really that receptive to me during the initial approach dm me personally commenting how I live an interesting life based on my stories and from there i'd set up a meet up.

Social Media isn't bad if you have a healthy relationship with it I do cool stuff and want to share that with other people it just so happens its also useful when dealing with women :D:D

If you cold approach a girl and she wants to give you her IG instead of her phone number in most cases you should take it as a rejection

On 12/8/2021 at 7:24 AM, Leo Gura said:

No, unless you're running serious long-term social circle game.

Instagram is too indirect otherwise. You need to be getting her number and setting up the date logistic right there in person as she is giving you the number. Do not get a number without date logistics cleared up.

This is a good response. I'm very heavy on social media and if you're in a big city/travelling then it's a godsend. I can keep up with dozens if not hundreds of different girls/guys that I meet. It does tie into my social life, dating life and business though and is a huge investment. I do enjoy it a lot too, if you sit down and figure out that you hate social media then don't invest in it but to me, it's like a video game, really enjoyable.

Keep in mind though if you're prone to the negative effects of it. I don't really compare myself to other people or even spend time scrolling it. Some people have reported bouts of depression from comparison or spend multiple hours a day. That's insane if it gets to that level you have to be self-aware enough to protect yourself. 

Also worth considering world trends, social media is clearly here to stay and is only gonna be more ubiquitous. Believe it or not, we're still in the early days of social media. If you look at it as the modern form of human communication then it's literally a skill to be relevant and to utilize it effectively and I'd say it's a pretty damn useful skill that's gonna keep paying off for years to come. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

12 hours ago, museumoftrees said:

If you cold approach a girl and she wants to give you her IG instead of her phone number in most cases you should take it as a rejection

Where I live in my age range 95% of communication happens on Snapchat, FB messenger and Insta. Maybe WhatsApp if you don't share one of the previous social apps

If I asked a girl in my age range for a phone number instead of socials (usually snap) she'd look at me like a bit of a weirdo

8 minutes ago, something_else said:

Where I live in my age range 95% of communication happens on Snapchat, FB messenger and Insta. Maybe WhatsApp if you don't share one of the previous social apps

If I asked a girl in my age range for a phone number instead of socials (usually snap) she'd look at me like a bit of a weirdo

@something_else where do u live?

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@something_else where do u live?

Scotland, and I'm 22. If a girl was my age or younger I would only ask for phone number if we shared zero other social media. Snap is my preferred one because you can flirt way easier

If you're a millennial then you guys all use phone numbers + texting and that's fine, if you're a lowly Gen Z you adapt the pickup advice for phone numbers to socials because no one our age uses fucking texting unless they're talking to their parents lol

1 hour ago, something_else said:

Scotland, and I'm 22. If a girl was my age or younger I would only ask for phone number if we shared zero other social media. Snap is my preferred one because you can flirt way easier

If you're a millennial then you guys all use phone numbers + texting and that's fine, if you're a lowly Gen Z you adapt the pickup advice for phone numbers to socials because no one our age uses fucking texting unless they're talking to their parents lol

Socials is basically a rejection. You’ll become a follower and she’ll still ghost you. Understand that girls give their instagram to whoever. Unless you are high status and are running social circle game take her number regardless of wether it makes you a weirdo or not

2 hours ago, museumoftrees said:

Socials is basically a rejection. You’ll become a follower and she’ll still ghost you. Understand that girls give their instagram to whoever. Unless you are high status and are running social circle game take her number regardless of wether it makes you a weirdo or not

Insta maybe, not snapchat. Snapchat literally exists to chat, more so than it being a social media app. You don't understand, everyone my age talks over snapchat here, not text. The closest thing to text is WhatsApp but I'd only use that if the girl didn't have snap for some reason. Most of the American girls I've met online or while travelling all talk over snap a bunch as well so I'm pretty sure this is not just a UK thing

I don't use Instagram, but I can see what you mean about just becoming a follower there

Regardless, if a girl is attracted to you she'll talk to you over whatever means you give her, but asking for a phone number in this age range where I live would be received as socially uncalibrated unless there was a good reason not to use a chat app