QandC

How deeply can You awaken?

356 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is what you guys are overlooking when you use this notion of a "sober" or "natural" state. There are some people who are born naturally high on DMT. These people don't even need to meditate. But you look at them and think you are like them. You're not. To be like them you need to smoke a bunch of DMT.

Lolz

BTW it's not a real disidentification when it's recognized it was never real from the start.

Just throwing that out there ❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake I'm with you on that. I haven't seen it for myself, the proof is in this sentence. 

But it sure does feel good to hear what you say. 

Absolute Truth is absolutely true. So it doesn't get realer than that. It's realer than real. It's ABSOLUTE.

YOU. ARE. ABSOLUTE. LOVE.

This is the pinnacle of reality. The problem is realizing it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When Buddha was asked "what is god?", he maintained noble silence. This is the highest answer and the highest teaching. The great Tao fulfills its promises silently and makes no claims. For as long as you make claims, you are fooling yourself. That which seems is not that which is. By attaching yourself to substances, you are no better than the drunk attaching himself to the bottle which he so dearly cherishes. You see the spirit in substances because spirit is in all things. When you awaken from the dream, there is nothing to say and nothing to defend. Nothing to grab hold of. Awakening transcends even your notions of God and infinity. When you awaken you will understand that God is merely a word, no better or worse than any other word. You are not a word. The source of all origination is that which cannot be named. Inner silence is the way to truth. Everything else is delusion.

7 minutes ago, Rilles said:

This shit has been stuck in my head for the past 10 minutes now. 

You're welcome. 

I figure that until this forum stops talking about God as if it's a patriarchal figure with super powers, I will be reenacting my Christian childhood. :) 

On 12/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, QandC said:

Is there any mindset that could help me, or should I just keep going and only trust my own discoveries? Because as it seems now, my allowing the ego to surrender would be the ultimate, merging into Love. Still, I'm thinking that it might just be the start, and that would scare me even more since I can't even accept letting go of ME first.

Hope I made some sense.

There aren't two of you. There isn't a better you. There isn't a future you. There isn't a you you can let go of. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

18 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Not to sound negative but this feels like a video someone would attept to brainwash children with at the future school of "deep and wide" hehe

Or just some oddball religion. ?

May I ask where you found this?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There aren't two of you. There isn't a better you. There isn't a future you. There isn't a you you can let go of. 

❤ 

Just now, VeganAwake said:

Not to sound negative but this feels like a video someone would attept to brainwash children with at the future school of "deep and wide" hehe

Or just some oddball religion. ?

May I ask where you found this?

lol What's funny is that there is nothing wrong with the lyrics themselves at all. Sang it every summer in Bible school. It's not oddball, that's just the most popular religion in the world and what many don't see is that many blockages towards awakening are the very same fear and revere dogma as Christianity. "Salvation" from what? It was all right there in the Bible school songs. Just minus the idea of a God who others and is above. Atheism and religion make love to each other and dissolve into beautiful nothingness together. 

Everything is always becoming, more, more, more. There's no origination point and so it ever remains becoming eternally MORE out of nothing. What could be better? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Absolute Truth is absolutely true. So it doesn't get realer than that. It's realer than real. It's ABSOLUTE.

YOU. ARE. ABSOLUTE. LOVE.

This is the pinnacle of reality. The problem is realizing it.

Go experience it guys for yourself.Use psychs for growth too.

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But the point is, if you are feeling pain, that pain is part of your Absolute Identity. If you are trying to tell yourself, "I am not this pain" you are not being conscious/truthful. You are creating division in your own Mind. It is more conscious and truthful to say, "I am this pain as well as everything else".

Okey let me get this straight. Yeah, everything is me, even pain is me. But also everything is nothing. And nothingness is my true identity.

Now what causes this realization that void is my true identity? Imo It's an intense awareness that sees all phenomena as passing except nothingness. Nothingness remains the same. When one sees that everything is passing including body and mind. He realizes that I'm nothing at all. This causes one to identity with the Formless awareness.  At the same time realization happens that everything that arise including pain is also nothing. Everything is nothing including pain. So you see, the way I see it is that total disidentification from everything also causes the same union with the universe. It makes your identity into void. And realization that everything is void also. Nondual void basicly. Universe is one giant void. Or infinite void.

Did I get this part right?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Sorry, i didn't see you edited that.

But you see, I'm not interested in training my body to handle pain either. My claim is that total disidentification is only possible when awareness hits the peak and realization happens that nothing in the universe can touch you. Awareness hits the peak and realize I'm nothing and suffering stops. And of course nothing is infinity also.

Total disidentification and pain can be handled the same way under general anesthesia. Where are 'you' when the body is anesthetised? In fact, how do you know your beloved monk set on fire didn't train to produce substances equivalent to anesthetics?

28 minutes ago, sir meowski said:

When Buddha was asked "what is god?", he maintained noble silence. This is the highest answer and the highest teaching. The great Tao fulfills its promises silently and makes no claims. For as long as you make claims, you are fooling yourself. That which seems is not that which is. By attaching yourself to substances, you are no better than the drunk attaching himself to the bottle which he so dearly cherishes. You see the spirit in substances because spirit is in all things. When you awaken from the dream, there is nothing to say and nothing to defend. Nothing to grab hold of. Awakening transcends even your notions of God and infinity. When you awaken you will understand that God is merely a word, no better or worse than any other word. You are not a word. The source of all origination is that which cannot be named. Inner silence is the way to truth. Everything else is delusion.

Well said.

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is all upside, no downside. This is the wonder of God. Such a thing doesn't seem possible. And yet it is. It's a counter-intuitive mindfuck.

And how do you know that? You think that that's the definitive answer because of some experiences you've had, but it's equally possible that someday you will experience the opposite or something entirely different and then renounce that conclusion. How many times did that pattern occur? You see, there is no end or limit to what you can experience at any moment, which is precisely what God/Infinity is. You're trying to grasp the ungraspable, and therefore you're limiting God by trying to define it like this. The human mind can never get a hold on God no matter the chemicals. The mind can only run around in circles.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If pain is arising, you ARE that pain. There is no way around this. Of course you can train yourself to stomach the pain or even to just tune it out of your awareness. You could also train yourself to love pain and even get a twisted joy out of it.

Now about suffering and pain. What causes suffering? I would say, if you are totally identified with everything you will turn even pain into joy. You sayed everything is love. So even pain is love if one totally accepts pain as a part of his identity. 

My claim is. One who accepts the entire universe as his identity even pain. He will not resist the pain. He will love the pain and will experience the end of suffering. 

I am not trying to provoke anyone I genuinly think this is logical.

Edited by Salvijus

10 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Now about suffering and pain. What causes suffering? I would say, if you are totally identified with everything you will turn even pain into joy. You sayed everything is love. So even pain is love if one totally accepts pain as a part of his identity. 

My claim is. One who accepts the entire universe as his identity even pain. He will not resist the pain. He will love the pain and will experience the end of suffering. 

I am not trying to provoke anyone I genuinly think this is logical.

To extend a little bit on this.

The other way to end suffering is to see everything as meaningless void. If you don't give any meaning to pain because you're totally aware that it's nothing at all. Then that will also be the end of suffering and resistence.

These are the two ways to end the suffering. Either you accept everything as a part of yourself and you love it all including pain. Or you see everything as utterly meaningless void including pain. That also causes the end of resistence and suffering.

This makes very much sense to me. Please consider this. Don't dismiss this in one breath ?

Edited by Salvijus

Just now, Salvijus said:

Don't dismiss this in one breath ?

I dismissed it before I even read it bud ;)

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I dismissed it before I even read it bud ;)

Joking ? 

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Joking ? 

"Ancient sages when they see all the non-duality wars on the forum" LOL

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

"Ancient sages when they see all the non-duality wars on the forum" LOL