iceprincess

Unvaccinated Travellers Barred from PLanes & Trains

117 posts in this topic

It is extreme, and possibly necessary.

The CDC states "Population immunity makes it hard for a disease to spread from person to person." (Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines)

+ There is a whole community around you concerned about stopping the spread of the virus. 

And not trusting doctors and health sources is unwise, and impractical.

Here in the US, god forbid if you have a heart attack or get in a car accident in Trump-istan where hospitals are at full capacity due to the strain that the unvaccinated are putting on the health care system.

Healthy people choosing not to get vaccinated because Trump or Joe Rogan told them not to are prolonging the pandemic and leading to unnecessary deaths.

The vaccine has had full FDA approval for a while now. Vaccine mandates are fully justified by this point, and it's completely understandable why the rest of society is running out of patience for people who selfishly are still refusing to get vaccinated.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

8 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I am glad that this is happening.

Honestly, me too.  About time IMO.

20 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

the ol' divide and conquer :P 

Yes.

Look at this post for example:

2 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Here in the US, god forbid if you have a heart attack or get in a car accident in Trump-istan where hospitals are at full capacity due to the strain that the unvaccinated are putting on the health care system.

Healthy people choosing not to get vaccinated because Trump or Joe Rogan told them not to are prolonging the pandemic and leading to unnecessary deaths.

The vaccine has had full FDA approval for a while now. Vaccine mandates are fully justified by this point, and it's completely understandable why the rest of society is running out of patience for people who selfishly are still refusing to get vaccinated.

You are so polarized, it's scary.

All I want is the freedom to decide what to do with my own body bro!

9 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Cringe. 

1 hour ago, Arcangelo said:

Yes.

Look at this post for example:

You are so polarized, it's scary.

As for polarization, the American right wing intentionally chose to politicize a virus. There wasn't such a Left / Right divide on this issue until Trump propagandized his legions of Cult like followers to reject the vaccine along with masks and social distancing, with the help of opportunistic simps within the GOP and right wing media. But nice attempt at gaslighting.

This isn't a joke. Close to 800,000 people in the US alone have died of Covid. That's more than all the US deaths in of all the wars of the 20th century combined.

The freedumb to refuse a safe and effective vaccine along with refusing to follow basic safety procedures such as masks during a pandemic has caused thousands of preventable deaths.

Making a bare modicum of effort to keep others safe during a pandemic is a matter of basic human decency towards other people.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Arcangelo Don't come in here spouting nonsense like "my body my choice". It's not affecting only you.

Is this really that difficult for you to understand? Can't believe there are still people who genuinely think it's only "their body their choice" after 2 years of this pandemic where millions and millions of people have infected each other and robbed each others freedom because they were to closed-minded and myopic to see how we're in this all together. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

Don't come in here spouting nonsense like "my body my choice". It's not affecting only you.

Is this really that difficult for you to understand? Can't believe there are still people who genuinely think it's only "their body their choice" after 2 years of this pandemic where millions and millions of people have infected each other and robbed each others freedom because they were to closed-minded and myopic to see how we're in this all together. Unbelievable.

You do realize that that kind of attitude not only has basically a 0% chance to change a persons mind, but is likely to make them stick to their view EVEN STRONGER, right?

If you'd wanted people to get vaccinated, you're better of saying nothing than acting the way you are, because then at least you wouldn't make them not take it to just spite those who demeaned them like you just did.

Edit: Instead of just saying "we're all in this together", how about acting like it? Unless you think demeaning someone for holding an opinion opposite of yours is acting like we're all in this together...

Edited by CultivateLove

51 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

You do realize that that kind of attitude not only has basically a 0% chance to change a persons mind, but is likely to make them stick to their view EVEN STRONGER, right?

If you'd wanted people to get vaccinated, you're better of saying nothing than acting the way you are, because then at least you wouldn't make them not take it to just spite those who demeaned them like you just did.

Edit: Instead of just saying "we're all in this together", how about acting like it? Unless you think demeaning someone for holding an opinion opposite of yours is acting like we're all in this together...

^Exactly

Thank you.

It's my body. I decide. Idgaf if the whole human race dies.

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

nonsense like "my body my choice".

It's called freedom not nonsense

1 hour ago, CultivateLove said:

Who cares.  Society will leave them behind.

28 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

It's called freedom not nonsense

Not in the context of a very easily spreadable disease...

8 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Who cares.  Society will leave them behind.

Go back to playing with legos, kid.

Gaslighting vaccinated/pro-vaxx people because we aren’t bending backwards and making it super comfy for people who—for hilarious reasons—refuse to get vaccinated during a pandemic?

God I love this forum.  Lmfao.