Thought Art

Leo, after all your awakenings do you still get scared or angry?

26 posts in this topic

How has awakening through psychedelics or whichever, helped you in your emotional mastery. I know you are already rather grounded but I am just curious.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I still experience fear and anger sometimes. Fear moreso than anger. It takes A LOT to anger me but it might happen once every few years.

They have helped me with emtional mastery by making me more loving and conscious. I actually feel emotions more deeply now, both up and down. I am more sensitive. There is also more desire in me to feel emotions more deeply. Emotions take on a spiritual dimension.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It takes A LOT to anger me

Says the man who fought his dentist. ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

7 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Ha, as if it's difficult to become enraged with a dentist, or just doctors in general for that matter. Dan Pena told one of his doctors he'll piss on his grave, and when the man died he did indeed piss on his grave. I know Pena's not a good example because he's angry with basically everything and everyone that isn't mega wealthy and successful, but I feel it's a good thing to cite anyway.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

10 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Hahaha. Hey, quite a well played and effective run in with anger though.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I am more sensitive. 

I've noticed this too. I think the sensitivity just means your consciousness of your emotions are way higher. Whereas before, it'd just be in the background but now the person is more attuned with them 

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

It was one of the few times in the least 5 years that I got angry.

I can count the number of times I get angry on one hand.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I was one of the few times in the least 5 years that I got angry.

I’d appreciate a video from your perspective regarding the misconceptions people have about awakening vs. the reality. Too many people both push and buy into a magic pill mentality IMO. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Couldn't it be mostly just a product of the kind of lifestyle you lead? I'd say if you had a kid than that number would much higher

Edited by Swarnim

3 hours ago, Ineedanswers said:

@Leo Gura do you still feel jelous sometimes Leo? 

Depends on what kind you're talking about.

A bit.

3 hours ago, Swarnim said:

Couldn't it be mostly just a product of the kind of lifestyle you lead? I'd say if you had a kid than that number would much higher

Of course if someone was poking me with a stick all day I would get more angry.

I designed my life so I don't have to put up with anyone's bullshit much.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Depends on what kind you're talking about.

A bit.

Of course if someone was poking me with a stick all day I would get more angry.

Have you considered working and collaborating more with others to overcome this bias against people towards solitude to aid more in your expansion and perspective to embody more love?

Obviously no offense love your videos, but you’re very mind intellect dominant, heady, which is great, definitely your strength, but I notice, aswell as others, it hinders your ability to actually embody and radiate that love from the heart.

I’ve talked to many people in comments who love your videos but often see you as cold, not embodying that love or warmth as much.

What are your thoughts?

Of course he does, Leo is a human being, not a dead human being xD 

There is literally an expression about that in CBT, "a dead's person goal" meaning that someone enters a therapy with the goal to never ever feel a certain emotion, or never ever experience a certain reaction.

This isn't realistic, but also not the goal of spirituality.
It's almost the opposite, in the sense that what you want to change is how you relate to your emotions and reactions, and embrace them as they are.

You do that in order to be able to focus your energy and mind to what you really want to do and experience in life,
Instead of rejecting everything that doesn't go your way, and feel (way) worse than you need to in the first place.

Not wanting to feel or react in a certain way, ever again, is just a fear to live life, it has nothing to do with spirituality.
Spirituality is about realizing what you are, which lets you live your relative human life to its fullest xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

57 minutes ago, Shin said:

Not wanting to feel or react in a certain way, ever again, is just a fear to live life, it has nothing to do with spirituality.
Spirituality is about realizing what you are, which lets you live your relative human life to its fullest xD

I've heard many "spiritual teachers" say that they don't really fear anything and don't have fear or anxiety.

Some say that ultimately everything comes down to a fear of death and if that fear is overcome the others kind of drop away too.

And that'd actually be my goal too to get rid of so much useless anxiety :P

14 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I've heard many "spiritual teachers" say that they don't really fear anything and don't have fear or anxiety.

Some say that ultimately everything comes down to a fear of death and if that fear is overcome the others kind of drop away too.

And that'd actually be my goal too to get rid of so much useless anxiety :P

Of course they say that, they can't admit they fear something if the deluded perfect ideal of an enlightened dude is to feel nothing but pure bliss xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Ascent X said:

What are your thoughts?

I am how I am. My style is my style. Every style will have its pros and cons.

29 minutes ago, Shin said:

Of course they say that, they can't admit they fear something if the deluded perfect ideal of an enlightened dude is to feel nothing but pure bliss xD

that's what i want deluded perfect bliss enlightenment :x

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gurahow have you done it Leo ?

I wanna do that too. 

@omar30 Escape wage slavery, build a passive income business and only do what you want 99% of the time

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"