Someone here

There is literally nothing behind you

46 posts in this topic

This is my conclusion after hours and hours of contemplation.. 

nothing exists until it is observed or measured

so there is quite literally nothing but what you are observing right at this present moment, the present moment is all there ever is. when you avert your attention to that which is behind you, the thing you were looking at previously doesn't exist even if you can hear it. once you can grasp this, which you cannot then you will be enlightened.

so whatever it is that is in your field of view, Thats it

when you get to the W of the  NOW, you have missed the actual moment.

even when you are driving, everything that is behind you is actually in front of you in the mirror.

everything is a reflection of who/what you are.

good luck wrapping your heads around this. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just your opinion. If somebody was chasing you from behind you might think differently.

yes, it is an illusion

you can look for what is behind the sensation of your back/column, it is a good self inquiry exercise

Edited by RedLine

This is also true if you follow quantum mechanics. Observer is necessary for the collapse od the wave function and manifestation of particles. Conciousness creates reality.

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This is also true if you follow quantum mechanics. Observer is necessary for the collapse od the wave function and manifestation of particles. Conciousness creates reality.

I won't go into the details, but this is a very Deepak Chopra take on quantum mechanics that isn't actually what the research is trying to convey. An "observer," in QM terms, is anything that interacts with the particle such that it collapses the wave function. Even an electron can constitute an "observer," if we're using scientific terms. 

I'm not a hardcore materialist, but let's not jumble up science terms with metaphysical woo-woo stuff. It creates an easy target for materialists.

This can be a realization when you can literally see you are projecting the visual field of consciousness. I would almost describe it like there's a glitch in-between what you 'see' and your registering of it. It's a distinct awakening I personally had, you will realize for the first time that the visual field is not projected through your eyes. You can become aware that your eyes are imaginary and that the visual field is one. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@OneHandClap Fathers of quantum mechanics had similar conlusions. Leo covered this topic in his video regarding this subject.

I would advise you to invest in a proper understanding of QM... It is not easy, but it is also not something that can be crunched down into a witty guru quote to support their metaphysical view. Saying "consciousness causes wave functions to collapse" is both a misreading of the data and very easy to ridicule from a scientific POV. Spiritual work is not a PhD in physics, and vice versa. I don't ask scientists to explain the fundamental layers of reality, but I also don't think it's the place of seekers to give half-baked interpretations of things that people have dedicated their entire lives to studying and cataloguing. OP's insight is a metaphysical one, not scientific. 

2 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

Just your opinion. If somebody was chasing you from behind you might think differently.

"Behind" is a concept and is imagined, cause space is something that is imagined too.

In that case you might move your head "behind" and the character you're incarnating might be afraid of that "behind danger stuff", but truly the "screen" of experience doesn't move at all, you can't even say it doesn't move actually because movement is also imagined.

That somebody behind is first just a concept of sound or touch, all of those imagined by God, and then directly materialized in an instant as an physical object when you move your head.

There never was a "behind" though, so as a front and side, I mean yes relatively speaking (when you imagine it) but it's not there until it is created.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

So, aren't other particles and waves 'observing' (interacting with) each other behind my back, to keep them in existence? What's so special about me observing to keep them alive? And by this logic the particle doing the observing needs to be observed itself, to exist. 

Sounds paradoxical to me, if we make the assumption there are separate things being observed, and doing the observing. 

4 minutes ago, silene said:

So, aren't other particles and waves 'observing' (interacting with) each other behind my back, to keep them in existence? What's so special about me observing to keep them alive? And by this logic the particle doing the observing needs to be observed itself, to exist. 

Sounds paradoxical to me, if we make the assumption there are separate things being observed, and doing the observing. 

Correct. Particles are "observing" (interacting) constantly, everywhere. Reality, or God (or whatever term you like) is observing itself from within. There is no need for us to posit that sentience has anything to do with it. Nothing, everything, here, there... there's nobody involved in any of it. It's just happening. 

2 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

Lol there's a lot of truth to this. But...it simply shows how powerful the ego is in using fear to help with survival situations.

Alas...there is nothing behind you, nor is there anything in front of you.

There is no YOU to ground these things.

Just now, Someone here said:

This is my conclusion after hours and hours of contemplation.. 

nothing exists until it is observed or measured

so there is quite literally nothing but what you are observing right at this present moment, the present moment is all there ever is. when you avert your attention to that which is behind you, the thing you were looking at previously doesn't exist even if you can hear it. once you can grasp this, which you cannot then you will be enlightened.

so whatever it is that is in your field of view, Thats it

when you get to the W of the  NOW, you have missed the actual moment.

even when you are driving, everything that is behind you is actually in front of you in the mirror.

everything is a reflection of who/what you are.

good luck wrapping your heads around this. 

There was always Awareness. Jesus christ guys not a rocket science instead if contemplation meditation or psychs.Get psychs a lot faster then this philosophizing all the time. 

Edited by Zeroguy

Just now, The0Self said:

There's no you for something to be behind.

Great choice of words. 

Actual stuff and understanding. 

Just now, Vibroverse said:

Understanding is not a mental or verbal thing. 

You can feel ofcourse you can. It's Conciousness.

I know this has been posted here before, but I think it sums it up great 

TheMask.jpg.1c3afd431993061e33ca1e1400835c37.jpg

Edited by Godishere

3 minutes ago, Godishere said:

I know this has been posted here before, but I think it sums it up great 

TheMask.jpg.1c3afd431993061e33ca1e1400835c37.jpg

What is behind the mask? Nothingness?

Yeah, formless Infinite consciousness or nothingness if you like that term. So the 'you' being portrayed here as the mask or perceptions within consciousness is the 'you' which mistakes itself as human. When all along you were never the human self, you were the formless, Infinite self. Or you could say they are identical, the finite/ego self forgot it was the infinite formless self.