Someone here

Not knowing

63 posts in this topic

I find the concept of not knowing beneficial in the spiritual path. When you really question everything you think you know you will be shocked at how little you know. And it's not extreme to say that you don't know a dam thing.

Do you know what anything is or do you just give it a name? 

For instance.. A cat. You don't know what a cat is. I mean it's essential nature. You just know it's appearance. And you give it a name. A label.

We give labels to objects and actions.. We write mathematical equations to describe certain patterns in nature.. We think we know this stuff.. But we actually don't.  We don't know what an apple is or what a tree is or what a color is or what a sound is or what a feeling is or what a thought is or what  a human is or what any thing is.. Existence is pure undefined magic.. Therefore it is mystical and divine.. It is godly.. But most people are missing the divine nature of existence because they constantly keep lying to themselves that they actually know anything at all.  We don't see God because we think we know. God is not knowing.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

It's literally an unexplainable miracle that anything exist at all. Try to get that :D

-Osho

After a certain point, you see that even to call anything "it" is already saying too much.

And then, silence.

@Tim R congrats for the mod upgrade bro ?

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

When you really question everything you think you know you will be shocked at how little you know. And it's not extreme to say that you don't know a dam thing.

I know, right? :P

Why so serious?

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

I find the concept of not knowing beneficial in the spiritual path.

When there is no-knowing you will vanish without a trace.

"The more I know, the more I know that I don't know."
– Aristotle

Edited by impulse9

Knowing is like putting red paint on a red rose.

?And simultaneously there's nothing wrong with thinking you know.

Right or wrong, this or that are dream story concepts of an illusory individual or knower.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Indeed, this is purely nameless but it is completly unlimited in that, we can't box it at all, and label it.

It escapes everything because it is the very thought which is labeling, the knife can cut everything but it self ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Skip to 7:10

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Skip to 7:10

:D

Lose all philosophy/thinking, including (especially) this one for a few days, and see what might happen.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

knowing is to fool people that we have something to offer them

i exist, damn it

that's why i type on random threads

do you know what i mean?

knowing is from the ego. spirituality is transcending the ego. all we know is irrelevant, the point is to be without limitations, knowing is a limitation

The body, an appearance of (as; not out-of) boundless energy, not separate from the whole (boundless energy), seeks out positive experiences. In that, there can be the claim I am seeking out positive experiences, while it's the body doing so, therefore I AM (knower) is identified as the body. As teachers often say, you are not the body -- but it's not really that you're not the body... there is no you... there's only perhaps a claim that there is a you; someone present here now.

Edited by The0Self

You can't be this stupid can you?
Fucking
THERE IS NO "NOT KNOWING" STATE, DONKEY

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

5 minutes ago, lmfao said:

You can't be this stupid can you?
Fucking
THERE IS NO "NOT KNOWING" STATE, DONKEY

Is there a better way to communicate this?

???????