caelanb

Leo's Quantum Physics video is wrong (as well as others)

117 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course there is a connection. The connection is CONSCIOUSNESS.

The higher your consciousness the more intelligent you are, the more holistic your intelligence is.

Stage Orange intelligence is laughably unholistic.

Duh xD

13 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Random question but if someone was born with inferior intelligence genetically in this lifetime and heavily does consciousness work in this lifetime can they assure a leap in genetic intelligence in their next lifetime/s

I wouldn't be so concerned about just one lifetime. Some awakened masters have been on the path for thousands of years :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

37 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Random question but if someone was born with lower intelligence genetically in this lifetime and heavily does consciousness work in this lifetime can they assure a leap in genetic intelligence in their next lifetime/s

There are no other lifetimes. This now is God. Everything else is imaginary.

You were not born. Birth is imaginary. You invented your own birth to hide from yourself the fact that you are God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura have you told your own mom that she is not your mother and your birth is just mere imagination? 

Edited by m0hsen

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You invented your own birth to hide from yourself the fact that you are God.

Oh. Thank you. 

???????

20 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

@Leo Gura have you told your own mom that she is not your mother and your birth is just mere imagination? 

I imagine that I have ;)

You see, I invented my mother.

@Proserpina

59 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Random question but if someone was born with lower intelligence genetically in this lifetime and heavily does consciousness work in this lifetime can they assure a leap in genetic intelligence in their next lifetime/s

The hidden assuming being that reincarnation exists and is a feature of reality. It might be, because how could you explain god realization through psychedelics, when one person took it realizes god, but another took it hasn't yet realized god? It comes down to both genetics, brain type, circumstances prior to the realization, ego development, cognitive and moral development, state of consciousness, and other life experiences that lead up to the realization, and level of intuition. To me it doesn't seem to be the case that you're just like everyone else, with a relatively stable consciousness, yet you can grock the realization with tool assistance, so it likely is the case that some people are more special in having a higher type of intuition plus mileage based intuition, the kind that is experientially cumulative, like Leo's.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You gave birth to your mother instead of her giving birth to you :P

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You gave birth to your mother instead of her giving birth to you :P

Obviously

@Leo Gura I thought about playing your videos to my family... . But I'm hesitant about it because of how much deluded you sound to the average person. Lol 

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura I thought about playing your videos to my family... . But I'm hesitant about it because of how much deluded you sound to the average person. Lol 

My teachings are meant for serious people, this is not entertainment.

You are never going to convince anyone to do this work. You don't even want to do it yourself ;)

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I imagine that I have ;)

Maybe or maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Proserpina

The hidden assuming being that reincarnation exists and is a feature of reality. It might be, because how could you explain god realization through psychedelics, when one person took it realizes god, but another took it hasn't yet realized god? It comes down to both genetics, brain type, circumstances prior to the realization, ego development, cognitive and moral development, state of consciousness, and other life experiences that lead up to the realization, and level of intuition. To me it doesn't seem to be the case that you're just like everyone else, with a relatively stable consciousness, yet you can grock the realization with tool assistance, so it likely is the case that some people are more special in having a higher type of intuition plus mileage based intuition, the kind that is experientially cumulative, like Leo's.

I agree with this too.  

The absolute perspective Leo shared immediately released my bondages around my disabilities and difficulties and 'excuses'.

Which is really doing the work so the above can be true. 

The Absolute truth ultimately wins out in the long term as the person moves up in density as the bondages are cut. 

Edited by Proserpina

???????

I am sure idiots like Professor Dave have never taken a psychedelic in their entire life. If they did, they would realise Deepak Chopra is into something more subtle than what the 5 senses can understand.

Edited by SQAAD

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You don't even want to do it yourself ;)

It depends on how you Define "the work".

I try my best according to what's available for me. Keep in mind that not everyone will be able access psychedelics just like you do.. due to legal reasons and etc. But when it comes to meditation and self-contemplation.. I did plenty of 'work' trying to crack my mind to understand reality. That's at least better than the majority of people who don't question anything at all. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

On 2021-09-24 at 1:42 PM, JuliusCaesar said:

This can easily be recreated in your sleeping dreams. Does that prove they aren't dreams? Or that they aren't your imagination? How do you think "nightmares" are possible?

@JuliusCaesar Well, dreams are way less vivid then real life.

The dream characters you encounter in a sleeping dream experience a separate reality to you. Are you saying that makes them real? In your worldview surely dreams must be somehow unreal as compared against the waking world. Furthermore, you couldn't possible know that we all live in the same reality without having direct access to our experiences and comparing them against yours. For example, when you look up at the sky and see what for you is the color blue and call it blue, I might also call it blue, but the color I see as blue you might see as red. But, if you were to become me(or anyone or anything other than yourself for that matter) you would think you're losing your mind. So it's impossible for you to determine whether or not I share your experiences. Which defeats your whole argument as it's based on the notion that we all live in the same reality

@JuliusCaesarI think I see what you're saying. We just have assume that the colour we see are the same. The light spectrum of physics has certainly worked however, because we all can only see the same colours within a certain wavelength range. And not the ones from outside that wavelength range, which we would no know about without physics.

No, everything is literally the same as nothing. The absolute truth is Omnipresence or in other words, you aren't the body/human you think you are, rather you are everything(all possible realities/things that can be imagined by infinite imagination) and nothing(the non attributional consciousness of which all those things consist). And really, you aren't actually any of those things, because you're a self, and the self is whatever it permits itself to become.

I know I may appear to be beating a dead horse, everything is easy to explain. However, nothing is much more difficult. Because when we say nothing, we almost certainly mean something other than what you think we mean. This definition of nothing, is not something which doesn't exist, that's a different nothing. Nor is it empty space, though it's more similar to the spacetime continuum than for example solid matter, because space is more subtle than matter. And the definition of nothing I'm using refers to the most subtle form possible. Which is essentially no form at all, the problem with saying that though, is that it's so formless it isn't even formless. Because just as a form needs to exclude every other possibility to be itself, so the formless would need to exclude every possible form. But this kind of nothing does nothing of the kind, it rather includes every possibility, so much so that it includes every possible form of exclusion. Hence why it's nothing and everything simultaneously.

It's only logical that nothing is inevitable. Because for reality to consist of something would mean that all realities and everything within them would be that something. Like for instance, if the building block of the universe were chickens, everything would be a chicken. Humans would be a chicken, their hand would be a chicken, the molecules which make up their hand would also be chickens etc etc. You see why existence in it's rawest form cannot be a chicken. But let's take this a step further. If this were so(the chickens being everything notion) it would be impossible to differentiate between one chicken and the other. Like the chicken I am(as a human), and the chicken the Sun is would be indifferentiable because we'd be exactly the same thing. You see how they cancel each other out? It's only because there are differences between myself and the sun that the the sun and myself exist.

This is an assumption which needs reevaluation. Reality is made out of differences, not physical matter. The problem with your understanding is that you're making metaphysical assumptions without even realizing it. Which is what most professional scientists of our day are doing also. There's also the fact that you seem to be limited to the human experience. Whereas I've experienced things beyond what's ordinarily possible for a human. Consequently, I have a very different worldview to yours. It's sort of like this, imagine you think the world is flat because it appears so to you as a puny creature sitting on the globe. Now imagine we send you up 500 miles to look down on your home and see that it's in fact spherical. This is effectively like what would happen if you were to reach the states of consciousness I've reached. The only difference being that this awakening affects all of existence, not just a planet.

@JuliusCaesar Yeah, I get a little lost here. Thus just sounds like semantics to me. All I am aware of is that there is matter and energy and also could be dark matter, dark energy. Could the nothingness that you are speaking about be dark matter or energy? Because according to science, dark matter/energy (I'm not sure which one), has no features but seems to interact with matter in the universe.

On 2021-09-24 at 2:41 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Watched video and read your post, so your welcome in advance.

I'm responding to provide some food for thought to you, but have you considered from a strategic and practical point of view what this thread is about? If you have looked through this forum in general, you'd notice that criticism, from the emotional ad homonym based, to cleanly constructed and specific criticisms, are not generally well received here anyways. If you had come across the video, and had to list out solutions to address a problem in a worldview of a speaker that has a following, then making a thread and replying to posts in a forum (an echo chamber of reinforced ideas) is gonna be at the low end, or the lowest yielding solution to a problem you became aware of. It does not provide immense practical value, and if the assumption that this place is deluded is true, then realistically it's low impact to engage in this echo chamber. A better alternatives would be to instead, focus on building your skills for your life, or go pursue your life purpose, get basic material reality managed, make your energy and time on your life priority over time on the forum, and so forth. Practically speaking, there are better uses for your time and energy than to try and persuade someone their world view is wrong, in an echo chamber. Think about it deeply.      

@Danioover9000 I'm a little confused with the first part of what you. But I'm guessing you're saying that addressing problems with someones worldview to those who have the same worldview ( as well as the person who is sharing that worldview) is just gonna lead to biased answers to the problems and criticisms of the worldview being asked about? I think I'm doing that subconsciously/unconsciously or consciously and just want the world view to be true or something so I go ask the person who is spreading it. Kinda like a religious follower going to ask people in that religion about criticisms of that religions and if they are true or not. I guess that leads me down the wrong road, because one thing I remember Leo saying (countless times) is what he is saying is not true unless you validate it for yourself. And so, I think my biggest barrier to validating this worldview is thinking that me contemplating something for example won't lead me anywhere because even if I did contemplate something for a while, how the f*ck would I know if what I'm doing is correctly being done (watched his contemplation video, and it still seems like such abstract thing that is hard to do properly)? It just seems like such an abstract thing that does not have anything to do with material world or would not have anything to do with the material world, because I'm it's just me thinking/pondering ideas, nothing concrete if you will. This applies for all the techniques that he has spoken about.
How did you think about the video btw?

I will admit it is a little confusing to take university science course while listening to videos about Leo deconstructing science. (obviously not at the same time).

Leo: "All of science is horsesh*t"

Prof: "And we know that this atom has 2 electrons in it because we have been able to measure it with this instrument..."

Yeah, I don't have a life purpose lol, I'm just interesting in Biology so decided to go to Uni for it, and am hoping that I will stay interested in it so that it will make it simple enough for me get a career in some field within biology. I also don't have any of the material stuff going, if you consider material stuff to be my own independence as a human being (living without parents). And I don't have very many skills, if you consider that social skills, and marketable skills. In general I don't have any long term vision, if that's what you're saying, thus don't have a super clear path of where I'm going, but I have some form of direction.

I guess I'm Just using or wasting (whatever word is more suitable) some of my time on a forum trying to convince people that there own worldview is wrong (when I have not deeply pondered it myself), and I am looking for other people not in the worldview to validate that worldview and say if is correct/logical/or scientific, because I don't want to be tricked into adopting one that is false. Because as I've learned, if you want to know if something is true or not, you test it in the world world with repeatability in a high quality study.

Thank you, I hope that makes sense.

:D

I loved studying molecular biology. When you study molecular biology you see the awesomeness of God's design. It's pure genius.

The problem with scientists is that they take nature so for granted. It's like they are studying God's face but have no clue it's God's face.

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I loved studying molecular biology. When you study molecular biology you see the awesomeness of God's design. It's pure genius.

The problem with scientists is that they take nature so for granted. It's like they are studying God's face but have no clue it's God's face.

"Give us ONE mystery and we'll explain the rest"

-Scientists

The problem is not merely that the spirit of science seems to be missing these days. The spirit of wonder and mystery at all of nature.

Most scientists these days (even many of them that are popular and have PhD's and many citations) are lacking in philosophical understanding and even dismiss metaphysics and epistemology altogether. And people like this Dave are among the worst of them. Being proud (almost like a religious fanatic) about being anti-spiritual and dismissing philosophy.

I remember in college my physics professors used to get annoyed when students asked philosophical questions about Quantum Mechanics. Some of them would even proudly tell us that we physicists are doing the real work and the philosophers are now extinct.

It's funny though that physics used to be called natural philosophy back in Newton's day. Metaphysics and epistemology and other branches of philosophy were central to the craft. And before Newton's day the scientists, philosophers, and mystics were often a single person.

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

On 2021-09-23 at 7:13 PM, GreenWoods said:

True. Humans can't understand how reality works. Luckily you are not a human, but God.

But does God need to understand how reality works? 

On 2021-09-23 at 4:01 PM, caelanb said:

@WelcometoReality Well, you have to assume that reality is infinite in order to say, right? I mean the Universe itself is not infinite according to science (however is very large), it started off as a Big Bang and is expanding, and we can only predict what will happen ones it expands too its limits.

I don't assume it's infinite. I only see the limitations of the human mind. ?