Someone here

Rant about my anxiety

56 posts in this topic

I had enough. I'm so tired of this anxiety. It keeps getting worse. I don't know if I can handle it any more. It's this burning sensation in my chest. I'm anxious all day long. I don't know what to do. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I don't know what to do. 

You know, you're just not doing it. It's the same answer to every problem on the planet. It's the same answer all the gurus, sages, seers, prophets have been telling you about for centuries. It's the same answer in all the holy books and scriptures. You know the answer, there's only one answer and it's always the same answer, you just have to act on it and ask grace for help if you don't have the strenght needed. It will come, support will come, benefits will come, new light will come, your life will start getting better and better every day once you start doing what Christ, Buddha and all the other prophets wanted you to do. 

Regards and take care, 

Edited by Salvijus

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Salvijus you mean meditation? 

Any damn thing that moves you closer to God. But make sure it's authentic and high quality and comes from the right source and it's not some taylor swift spirituality. Only then you will see the results you're looking for. 

?

Edited by Salvijus

@Someone here  Sorry to hear the anxiety's bad again. How's your basic lifestyle: diet, exercise, sleep etc? Cutting back on caffeine and alcohol can be a quick way to help if you take a lot of them. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@snowyowl thanks. 

No I don't use alcohol or that much caffeine.  My lifestyle is pretty stable. But I'm beginning to lose hope. I have severe anxiety and depression. Sometimes I go entire days feeling anxious.

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@snowyowl thanks. 

No I don't use alcohol or that much caffeine.  My lifestyle is pretty stable. But I'm beginning to lose hope. I have severe anxiety and depression. Sometimes I go entire days feeling anxious.

I think it stems ultimately from uncertainty.  Mine did.  Meds may help short term....you can continue your spiritual work and personal development and then down the line you will be able to get off them once they are longer needed.  Speaking of spiritual work have you looked into psychedelics for healing purposes?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Feeling is giving you all the answers, but is being suppressed with labels. Many people in fact completely understand from having transcended this ignore-ance, simply by no longer ignoring feeling, and understanding the emotions.  The refusal to spend some time doing so is suffering. When one does not understand the emotions they are experiencing, one projects this, and it sounds like ‘no one understands me’. There is only for you to understand you. Nothing less, and nothing more is necessary, and nothing could be better. Take a permanent break from the conceptual, and spend time understanding the actual. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Inliytened1 psychedelics are illegal in India. I can't access them. 

What do you mean by "uncertainty"? 

-Osho

@Nahm thanks for the advice and the resource. 

-Osho

I relate to this and I battle with it every day.
I hope you are able to heal from it and live a normal life.  Anxiety is no joke.  Panic attacks feel like literal death, the symptoms can be really severe.  Like, the nervous system acts up or something, idk.

@Someone here I think you need to do an effort now to actually try to see the root of that anxiety.

I mean I also can experience generalized anxiety, but it´s clear now for me THE REASON of it.

You really don´t know the "behind" of that palpitations or racing thoughts? Really? Nothing?

Because if you are not experiencing any kind of mental images or thoughts, then how do even feel "bad" ?

Does your anxiety make you constricted in the body, makes you move/jittery? What exactly?

Eat a large protein-rich breakfast at exactly the same time every day

• Releases hormones that begin to signal safety and security to your body
  • Eating at exactly the same time each day helps to bring disrupted sleep cycles into rhythm
  • Even if your sleep cycle is messed up, just get up force yourself to eat and go back to bed, it will pull into line slowly.

Get 8 hours of high-quality sleep every day (Read: Why we sleep, Matthew Walker)

• REM sleep is crucial for emotional regulation/processing and mood stabilization.
  • Alcohol, caffeine, and marijuana disrupt REM sleep and should be avoided at least 6 hours before your regular bedtime, preferably stopped altogether.
  • Deep sleep and REM sleep are both cruicial for executive functioning, which you need to have in order to begin to make changes.
  • If you are overweight or obese and you snore, consider seeing a sleep doctor to ensure you aren't suffering from sleep apnea.
    • Sleeping well makes it easier to control urges to eat unhealthy food and makes it easier to exercise, making it easier to lose weight as well.

Get some exercise each day

• Provides an avenue to 'vent' physiologically
  • Releases endorphins that can become a healthier alternative to drugs and alcohol
  • Improves your sleep quality (see above)
  • Improves your appetite (see above)

Stay off of social media and avoid online socializing

• This exacerbates loneliness and isolation which slowly put you into a chronic state of fight or flight, making anxiety worse.
  • Get real-time, face-to-face interaction with human beings you know and trust.
  • Avoid socializing online where there are very long delay periods between responses and there is relatively little contextual information such as vocal tone, inflection, body language, and there aren't cultural or language barriers to grapple with.
    • Your hyper-vigilant, anxious mind will begin to project worst-case scenarios and traumatic experiences from the past into what is being said, or NOT said online, making things worse for yourself and everyone else. Just don't. Go outside and talk to a tree if you have to.

Begin CBT techniques to start reprogramming your mind for strategies to adopt the next time you begin to feel an attack.

• Become very aware of your triggers
  • Note down exactly what it is you fear might happen when you experience your triggers
  • Break down those fears into smaller chunks that you can begin to develop coping strategies for

Begin to VOLUNTARILY expose yourself to things that make you anxious or afraid or to very large challenges, counter-intuitively this reduces anxiety; walk the hero's path.

• You will not become less afraid, but you'll become braver and start to develop a memory bank of all the times you overcame a fear.
  • It will begin to create a positive feedback loop, activating different neural pathways in the face of the same stimuli.
  • David Goggins refers to this as his 'cookie jar' :)

Learn regulatory breath exercises such as the Wim Hoff method, Tummo breathing, Box breathing etc. for when you are in the middle of an attack 

• Learn relaxation breath exercises to supplement meditation and CBT

A random assortment of videos on the subject.

Edited by MuadDib

On 10/30/2021 at 8:12 AM, Someone here said:

@Inliytened1 psychedelics are illegal in India. I can't access them. 

What do you mean by "uncertainty"? 

Well for example-  OCD - which is an anxiety based disorder stems from a lack of certainty.  Doubt infects EVERYTHING...to the point where you can't be sure of anything.  How do you even know what's true?   They call it the doubt disorder.

But if you had total certainty (omniscience) how could there be any anxiety about anything as you would already know the outcome of EVERYTHING.  You would know  everything WITHOUT a doubt.  You would even know the details of your own death.  You would be Infinite.  Anxiety ultimately stems from fear..fear that something "bad" may happen to you negatively impacting your own survival.  The stronger your need for survival the stronger your anxiety may be because even little things could directly impact your sense of well being.   But if you knew how every detail of your life would play out including the moment of your own death what fear could you possibly still have at that point?  You would be conscious that you are God and that death IS Love.

Anyway I suggest when you start getting anxious..just be OK with that.  Be OK with your own finitude.  Sit and be with it and embrace it as a part of you.   Just let it pass and it will.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Have you tried doing gargles and singing? Also deep slow breathing, exhaling like you where whistling.

Going for a walk or a bike ride, doing push ups, Tai chi yoga, free running?

Those things work. Check your environment.

Do you drink coffee ?@Someone here

Ever read the Power of Now? Have you ever tried to just be the witness of the anxiety?

Have you ever tried to just be the witness? @Someone here

I'll advise  against psychedelics on this one, maybe in a few months.

@Someone here

1. Embrace the anxiety, it is not that you feel anxiety, it is that you are the anxiety so embrace it fully, it's you!

2. Find support and build solid connections with people.

3. Vent

4. Go for a run, do something to express your energy, the anxiety is misunderstood currently, you just got a shitload of energy! Let it explode into art or a good workout!

Edited by Fearless_Bum

On 10/31/2021 at 6:56 AM, Javfly33 said:

@Someone here I think you need to do an effort now to actually try to see the root of that anxiety.

I mean I also can experience generalized anxiety, but it´s clear now for me THE REASON of it.

You really don´t know the "behind" of that palpitations or racing thoughts? Really? Nothing?

Because if you are not experiencing any kind of mental images or thoughts, then how do even feel "bad" ?

Does your anxiety make you constricted in the body, makes you move/jittery? What exactly?

Unfortunately I do not know what's the root cause of anxiety. And that makes it even more difficult to deal with. 

-Osho