Someone here

Rant about my anxiety

56 posts in this topic

@Someone here If you were rid of anxiety, what would that feel like, what would you do that you aren't doing now? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Someone here If you were rid of anxiety, what would that feel like, what would you do that you aren't doing now? 

I would be more happy and at peace. I would stop worrying too much and get more in touch with the present moment. 

Not sure how that will manifest practically . Since I have been anxious for a long time now.. That I almost forgot how to be normal lol. 

These days I can't even enjoy a video game or a beautiful song because of how much stuck in my head and anxious I am. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 10/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, Arcangelo said:

Ever read the Power of Now? Have you ever tried to just be the witness of the anxiety?

Have you ever tried to just be the witness? @Someone here

No I didn't read the power of now. 

I tried meditation but it doesn't work so well. 

-Osho

On 10/31/2021 at 9:53 PM, Fearless_Bum said:

Embrace the anxiety, it is not that you feel anxiety, it is that you are the anxiety so embrace it fully, it's you!

Not sure if this should help or increase the problem.

-Osho

@Someone here You know what gives me anxiety? Anxiety. 

Are you particularly concerned about some thing or things in particular, or is it just general... anxiety? Does the anxiety seem to have a reason behind it? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Someone here no it helps, you want to be freed from anxiety, and this is causing you to split yourself from it. (Thought defending itself from emotions.)

The first step is to embrace it fully, be anxious man. Why do you need to be some peaceful guy 24/7? 

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Someone here You know what gives me anxiety? Anxiety. 

Are you particularly concerned about some thing or things in particular, or is it just general... anxiety? Does the anxiety seem to have a reason behind it? 

General. I'm anxious about nothing in particular. Another way to say it is I'm anxious about everything. 

-Osho

3 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Someone here why do you need to be some peaceful guy 24/7? 

Because it feels good. 

-Osho

@Someone here let's take a practical approach to this because you strike me as a smart pragmatic guy. 

The peace feels good, the resisting or reacting to the anxiety feels bad. 

Try not reacting to the anxiety and embracing it. 

If it feels good then there's your peace. 

anxiety is crazy. The thing is like this: there is only the present moment, what your eyes are showing you, the air that hits your face, etc. this present moment seems empty of meaning but it is deep, full, magnificent. silent but sings a song of joy. It sounds silly but it is. And the anxiety is this: to this movie in hd you superimpose a dubbing of very low quality in which there are many voices that came of another voices that you listen before, shouting that the blue color of the sky should be a little lighter, and those trees there, they are not enough big, what are them made, etc. you believe that stupidity and so minute after minute, totally nonsense, without any meaning, even you think there is a lot of meaning 

once you get into that madness, it's really hard to get out. First you are a child, happy, you live, you feel life, and little by little you are entering the madness of cheap dubbing, and you believe that that is reality, that meaningless interpretation. getting out of there is possible, going back to what is direct, what is true. of course it generates anxiety to live in that madness, it is the sign that you are still alive. others submit completely and never get out of that trap 

To get out of that trap you have to put all your intelligence, inspiration, courage into play ... and when you finally manage to get out, you realize that it was idiotic, something very simple, silly. But from inside the trap you couldn't see it ,you only saw the trap 

to get out of the trap you have to realize something very shocking: you are not real. you are a voice that repeats like a parrot, nothing more. only the blue color is real, the experience that happens. the meaning is illusory, made up, a bubble soap

Edited by Breakingthewall

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

Unfortunately I do not know what's the root cause of anxiety. And that makes it even more difficult to deal with. 

One theory is that it's based in the brain stem (reptile brain), the sympathetic nervous system, and such things which are beyond our conscious control. Which is why it seems such a struggle when we try to apply the usual self control and will power to problem solve. 

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

General. I'm anxious about nothing in particular. Another way to say it is I'm anxious about everything. 

I'm still doing the headspace course, and one insight I've had is that my anxiety is fear based on my thoughts about what will happen or is happening. But the actuality of what's happening in my perception is very rarely fearful. For example I worry about what I think other people are thinking about me, and judging me; there's a huge projection going on, of which I'm hyper sensitive to the negativity of my own thoughts. 

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

I tried meditation but it doesn't work so well.

The headspace course is very much meditation and mindfulness based, so it may not be helpful for you. The idea is to slowly, gently, repeatedly, examine and soften our relationship with the anxiety feelings, rather than expect to 'get rid' of them. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@snowyowl I'm not sure if this app will work but I will give it a try. 

-Osho

On 11/3/2021 at 8:09 AM, Someone here said:

Not sure how that will manifest practically

At first glance this sounds absurd, but you’re actually, quite literally manifesting it over and over as the emotional scale. The only variable is the humility & willingness to learn and understand. 

On 11/3/2021 at 11:40 AM, Someone here said:

Another way to say it is I'm anxious about everything

What one man identifies completely by, another experiences as an emotion. The former is the prison, the ladder is liberation. 

No levels, concepts, states or knowledge required. ?? 

There will be a happy ending Goddamnit. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I used to have anxiety all the time. Nowadays, generally speaking, the only times I get anxiety is if I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing. When I look back, I think the anxiety had a lot to do with exactly that, or more specifically I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing. In one sense, that question was never definitely answered, but I chose to establish some certainty by picking a path and sticking to it.

It's not just about the grand things like life purpose. It's about every moment of your life, both big and small decisions. The tricky thing is that the anxiety doesn't want you to establish certainty. It wants you to stick around and never make a final decision. It's an evil circle of uncertainty breeding thoughts -> thoughts breeding anxiety -> anxiety breeding more uncertainty etc. At some point, adding more thoughts is no good and you have to decide by some other means. So if not by thought, by what means do you decide? Intuition.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.