RMQualtrough

Drunk blackouts VS mystical experience

45 posts in this topic

As most of us here probably have, I have experienced both being paralytic drunk and hungover, as well as having had a mystical experience (no self and other).

What is unusual is that being drunk to that degree feels closer to death. Mystical experiences are very sober while being THAT wasted is like drifting in and out of our (self-mind) consciousness.

I can't imagine that the destruction of the brain is as sober as a DMT breakthrough trip. I imagine it is more "out of it" like being blackout hungover, puking, barely conscious. Or perhaps general anaesthesia.

What goes on post-death from our perspective? It would just be a general anaesthetic effect right? Not like we the self-mind experience a sober DMT or 5-MeO type trip where we are fully aware as we are sucked back up a vortex into the Godhead. What exactly happens from our self's point of view do you think?

What exactly are you asking? The question is pretty confusing... What happens after you die? You're imagining all that. You are fooling yourself homie, that is all. It will be just like any other thought... On to the next

Edited by Godishere

Drunk blackouts and mystical experiences shouldn’t even be in the same sentence.

Alcohol is a poison and damages the brain and other internal organs/nerves.

@Terell Kirby alcohol is imaginary, along with your organs/nerves.

?? Yes, of course this is obvious. But I mean absolutely speaking it's all mystical and devine

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

Drunk blackouts and mystical experiences shouldn’t even be in the same sentence.

Alcohol is a poison and damages the brain and other internal organs/nerves.

Doesn't matter whether it's bufo or arsenic, if Mind is all there is, then all alterations of the self-mind are valid.

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

?? Yes, of course this is obvious. But I mean absolutely speaking it's all mystical and devine

Yea, but relatively speaking, let’s not use mysticism to excuse any kind of alcoholism or other low consciousness addictions. Being sober is also a mystical experience if you want to go that route.

Name me a shaman or mystic who’s a drunkard lol…exactly 

There is an ex alcoholic who used non duality to escape his addiction. Google Paul Hedderman.

Edited by Terell Kirby

57 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Yea, but relatively speaking, let’s not use mysticism to excuse any kind of alcoholism or other low consciousness addictions. Being sober is also a mystical experience if you want to go that route.

There is an ex alcoholic who used non duality to escape his addiction. Google Paul Hedderman.

Being severely drunk and hungover feels closer to actual death. When I've taken a good amount of DMT it feels more like a curtain lifts off of reality, it's like a sober death. Blackout drunk feels like I'm drifting in and out of consciousness and like I could blink out of existence entirely. No coherence or clear-headedness.

It does not then feel as though there is anything that will continue. Of course, consciousness remains observing other minds. But it does not feel as though, for example, an "Atman" rejoins Brahman (infinite consciousness). More like whatever this is just straight up snuffs out.

7 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I have experienced both being paralytic drunk and hungover

You are imagining that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Alcohol is a terrible drug, but it does have spiritual properties. It's literally called spirit, that's not a coincidence. Even so it's best avoided in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Alan Watts died of alcoholism.

27 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Alcohol is a terrible drug, but it does have spiritual properties.

You could say it breaks barriers in a destructive fashion xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Chögyam Trungpa, as heavy of an alcoholic as one can get

Edited by Girzo

7 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Alan Watts died of alcoholism.

When you hear the message, hang up the phone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

OP I've had a no-self mystical experience while I was shitfaced at a club once with all my friends and a bunch of hot girls.  I'll never forget it because it shook me to my core--I was absolutely wasted yet there was an obvious "observer" and then POOF!  "I" wasn't there anymore but everything else was, I'll never forget that moment and the fact that it happened with alcohol blew my mind.  

Eating jumbo slice pizza's with my friends after the club at like 4am was a weird experience because all I could think about was that moment when I wasn't there.

That being said, I don't party like that anymore but man what a trip.  

17 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Chögyam Trungpa, as heavy of an alcoholic as one can get

He died of alcoholism too. He actually founded Shambhala in my city!

He has some great books though.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@RMQualtrough

Not to encourage, but I’ve passed out a number of times and a couple have been insightful. Learned ice wine isn’t for people who don’t eat sugar the hard way, and just before my face hit the kitchen floor a thought narrative appeared to the tune of I actually wanted to be passing out. When I came to my friends were worried, but I couldn’t stop laughing. I was astounded at the level of sneakiness of thought. Was (is) shocking just how sneaky you are (aren’t). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

it is your moment to shine, you boomeranged that shit like a god. that quote doesn't sit well with you. but also do you agree to some extent? cause in your latest blog post you indirectly agreed with it

Edited by Jakuchu

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Getting shit-faced, realizing God, renouncing alcohol = Getting the message, hanging up phone.

Getting shit-faced, realizing (or not realizing) God, keep drinking = Getting the message, not hanging up phone.

Relatively speaking, both methods are toxic to the body, with the latter having graver consequences.

Edited by Terell Kirby

Sometimes I would like to be drunk and spew some spiritual stuff. 

At least that way I'll be taken seriously. 

There is a saying that when you're drunk you speak the truth. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.