RMQualtrough

Drunk blackouts VS mystical experience

45 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

it is your moment to shine, you boomeranged that shit like a god. that quote doesn't sit well with you. but also do you agree to some extent? cause in your latest blog post you indirectly agreed with it

Why hang up anything at all? Do you apply this logic to self-help or business or marriage or science? Do you get married for a few days and hang up the phone? Do you do 1 year of science and hang up the phone? Do you read 1 book and hang up the phone?

It's a dumb attitude. Nothing worthwhile in life should be approached that way. Maybe it applies to smoking meth, but certainly not psychedelics. Psychedelics are an important field to study and research. To tell people to not explore it deeply is like telling NASA: "Welp, you've been to the moon, so time to call it quits on space exploration."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No offense Leo but I think Alan Watts has you beat in terms of wisdom. :D You're looking from it from the point of view that says psychedelics are beneficial. Beneficial to whom, who is it that's getting any benefit by using them?

1 minute ago, impulse9 said:

No offense Leo but I think Alan Watts has you beat in terms of wisdom. :D You're looking from it from the point of view that says psychedelics are beneficial. Beneficial to whom, who is it that's getting any benefit by using them?

Dumb

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, impulse9 said:

Just no lol.

16 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

What is unusual is that being drunk to that degree feels closer to death. 

@RMQualtrough I'm gonna stop you there. Why do you think ego-death is called death.

No amount of alcohol that's not literally going to kill you feels like death. 

Ego-death the kind I remember best, feels like everything dies. Everybody and everything eternally is dead.

It's a complete misunderstanding of that quote. ;) Many people through history have tried to reach ultimate understanding through psychedelics, you really think you're the first one? Nobody has done it yet because it's not the way. Siddhis are not the way, they are a distraction. If you understand this simple notion, then that quote completely shifts meaning. it's higher order logic than the false dichotomy of treating it as you would some kind of intellectual task. There's nothing intellectual about it whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Sometimes I would like to be drunk and spew some spiritual stuff. 

At least that way I'll be taken seriously. 

There is a saying that when you're drunk you speak the truth. 

I feel immediately when I speak the truth, drunk or not. It makes everything flow.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

It's a complete misunderstanding of that quote. ;) Many people through history have tried to reach ultimate understanding through psychedelics, you really think you're the first one? 

Your stuck in your own mind, you fool.

What else can you say? You are just not conscious enough. And I say that with good intention, not to belittle you. You will delude yourself until the end unless you get serious about Truth. And it starts with admitting,"I am not serious about Truth, I don't know what Truth is but maybe it is possible to understand".

Or maybe I'm the conscious one, and you're deluding yourself. Who's gonna decide which is it? :)

The problem is you're not interpreting my words from the right context at all. Siddhis are not the aim of spiritual realization. I've experienced the strongest psychedelics on the planet and I have a good understanding of what magic looks like up close. It is not the way. There are higher attainments than that offered by psychedelics. These are stepping stones and blind alleys. They lead nowhere.

6 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

@impulse9 Dude, stop pretending to know this stuff. 

What makes you think I don't know this stuff? :)

13 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

What makes you think I don't know this stuff? :)

There is no one that knows hehe ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

And yes I get it, I'm going against the mainstream position on the forum so it's natural to see me as some kind of antagonist force but you know what, I'm a little high and it's amusing me. And if we can't lovingly disagree on various subjects then what's the point of a forum anyway? ;) Obviously the main point I disagree with Leo with is that psychedelics are the endpoint, I believe they're more like a start to a long journey and as you spiritually mature, it's natural to abandon them. It's fine to disagree, maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. Reality doesn't exactly seem to care about our philosophical and epistemological positions very much.

For those people ITT who think I don't know what I'm talking about, I've done about a 100 mushroom trips (including several "heroic" doses), I have a lifetime experience with cannabis (I've talked about it in another thread - THC "overdose" remains one of my most terrifying experiences), and, by far most insane of all, I've done about 20 trips on Salvia, raging from 50 all the way up to 80x. The very last trip with Salvia was the one that completely broke both me and my perception of the world, and I still haven't recovered from that particular trip. It literally took me 13 years before I even considered taking another psychedelic, which I finally did a few months ago with LSD. So when I talk about psychedelics I know very well what I'm talking about. I've experienced shit so bizarre I could write 100 books about it and still have more to say. And even with all that psychedelic voyaging into the unspoken abyss of the ludicrous and direct experience of the colors of mad and ancient gods, I still insist that this is not the way. Even your so called god-realizations, they are fleeting, otherwise you'd be god right now. Psychedelics are blind alleys and even worse, they are seductive as fuck, which I don't think many spiritual seekers here are even aware of. The power of these substances cuts both ways. You have to pay for what they show you, and the currency you pay with is your confusion. You pay by being confused. They are falsely gratifying, your ego gets a very nice spiritual stroke after each trip. So the ego keeps evolving and evolving alongside with your forced changes of perception, so now your ego just gets inflated and suddenly it thinks to know it all. The highest attainment is when you are free of this cat and mouse game, free of chasing, and free of all bounds, including the bounds of trying to achieve some kind of mystical state. Why do you need to take a psychedelic? If you meditate on this sentence alone, you will get it. But of course you won't.

16 hours ago, Godishere said:

@Terell Kirby alcohol is imaginary, along with your organs/nerves.

?? Yes, of course this is obvious. But I mean absolutely speaking it's all mystical and devine

bump 

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Sometimes I would like to be drunk and spew some spiritual stuff. 

At least that way I'll be taken seriously. 

There is a saying that when you're drunk you speak the truth. 

drunk words are sober thoughts 

18 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

What exactly happens from our self's point of view do you think?

No need to worry about the point of view.

Dissect the so-called 'self' that seems to have a point of view.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@impulse9  I am God right now. As are you, you're just not conscious of that as I have said. It's all fine and dandy to have disagreements of course, but you are wrong and you know you are but you've convinced yourself otherwise. And if I wasn't conscious of these things why would I waste my time telling you. You are me and I know that, but you do not.

You could write 100 books, you have done hundreds of trips and you still haven't realized you're in a dream. It is not a surprise you still believe the fantasy you continuously tell yourself.

As for the "need" to take a psychedelic. There is no need, it's just something I do to jailbreak my mind, enhance consciousness and deepen my understanding of the Universe. You will not get to this "highest attainment" from your level of consciousness.

“I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."- Morpheus 

Edited by Godishere

If you really knew the truth you would also know that what we're doing here is meaningless. ;) Human language is the trickster itself and truth is funnier than you give it credit for. Even the notion of oneness is a concept.

some yogis use alcohol to gain some insights even though it's considered as an unhealthy thing in spiritual community. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I've never done drugs or been drunk, but passed out three times due to pain, shock and subsequent overreaction. It's just really really peaceful and then the second shock of waking up to some sort of reality in which now everyone else was overreacting. I've had dream activity every time. Actually, the last time I was having a fight with my dad who had been drinking too much, accidently slammed my finger in the door, passed out, he didn't care so no one woke me up. I got to observe the transitions that time. It's basically a fantastic clear opportunity to observe the transition to a sleep state and waking state, happens really quickly, which you can train yourself to do consciously. Check out yoga nidra.

Unlike death, with passing out you're just falling back on brain waves that happen while sleeping. Death would be utter nonresistance, no safety net, and no floor to hit. However when you learn that resistance is fun, it's no longer resistance, you get a free pass to create and life will always trump death, because there is none. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@impulse9 Nicely put. To be honest i am in the same boat as you. Didn't have nearly as much trips, but I have the same Intuition already