George Paul

Why Becoming A Sage ?

41 posts in this topic

@George Paul I think some of the things Leo says are far fetched. People who are new to spirituality can be confused but his intentions are good. 

Edited by Deep

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

10 hours ago, George Paul said:

you become something, which is in contradiction with zen  ?

You do understand that most of the founders of Zen were great sages, right?

Zen was founded by Japanese monks who dedicated DECADES of their lives, often risking their lives, traveling by ship to China and even India to study 1000s of original Chan and Buddhist scriptures, copying them, debating them, reconciling them, collecting them to bring back to Japan to transform Japanese spirituality. This was a massive sagely undertaking without which Zen would not exist. Monasteries are very complex social machines that need to be well-managed. Land, funding, and permissions must be acquired by appealing to emperors and sponsors.

But how would you know any of this if all you're interested in is sitting on a cushion in meditation? How would you understand these nuances without STUDYING them? Maybe picking up a few books would be helpful? "No, Leo... all I'm interested in is enlightenment! And books are just more beliefs and illusion."

This notion that meditation or consciousness work eliminates the need for reading, thinking, knowledge, training, therapy or traditional self-help, career development, business, science, medicine, proper diet, etc. is very simplistic.

Don't forget:

After enlightenment, the fucking laundry! ;) Not Oreo's and cartoons.

And don't forget, before enlightenment, still... the fucking laundry!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura great idea this New Vision. I like it a lot. I have a similar vision which I Found out through culpavriksha Meditation,  but normally you cannot Tell anyone. They declare you Whatever ... you did it anyway :-)

Its logical because nobody takes the second Best Decision for him or her consciously. This is True for your whole life. You may weigh everything or just react compulsively it does not matter. Your Reaction or decision is always the Best you are able to at each Moment even if you just say no to everything. That is so for everyone. Someone walking in your Shoes with 100% the Same "input" which includes also genetic and Pre birth Stuff would make the same decisions live the Same life and have the Same results. Because consciously or unconsciously he or she Decides What he or she thinks or feels is the Best alternative. If that is then considered Not the case that is only Seen and been aware of later. So this leads automatically into that direction of becoming a sage or Mystic as the next logical Step after KnowIng your True Natur. There is simply no worthwile alternative anymore and If you See all Options as a pyramid, on top is Not much left. You in fact have no  other choice as being the highest Version of your self that is possible as a human.

And you are helping others to get higher Versions of themselves automatically by just Living as an example.

Universal regards Wendelin

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You do understand that most of the founders of Zen were great sages, right?

Zen was founded by Japanese monks who dedicated DECADES of their lives, often risking their lives, traveling by ship to China and even India to study 1000s of original Chan and Buddhist scriptures, copying them, debating them, reconciling them, collecting them to bring back to Japan to transform Japanese spirituality. This was a massive sagely undertaking without which Zen would not exist. Monasteries are very complex social machines that need to be well-managed. Land, funding, and permissions must be acquired by appealing to emperors and sponsors.

But how would you know any of this if all you're interested in is sitting on a cushion in meditation? How would you understand these nuances without STUDYING them? Maybe picking up a few books would be helpful? "No, Leo... all I'm interested in is enlightenment! And books are just more beliefs and illusion."

This notion that meditation or consciousness work eliminates the need for reading, thinking, knowledge, training, therapy or traditional self-help, career development, business, science, medicine, proper diet, etc. is very simplistic and naive.

Don't forget:

After enlightenment, the fucking laundry! ;) Not Oreo's and cartoons.

And don't forget, before enlightenment, still... the fucking laundry!

You talking about people like Dogen Zenji who brought Chinese Zen Buddhism to Japan? 

@Leo Gura  Overnight I developed the exact step by step process to becoming a sage or mystic. And here it is revealed:

The 10 Steps to become a successful sage or mystic

1. Don`t shave. Be straight about it. You will never touch a razor again.

2. Let a tailor make unique clothes for you. You don`t want People to be able to buy the same brands of clothes and Dress like you.

3. As Long as your face can get recognized as Leo, just Show a blurry Picture in your Videos and maybe some light effects that symbolize a halo. (just a Suggestion)

4. Choose a new Name. It is common for mystics to add ji to a Name like Leoji but that sounds a bit like sneezing. But the second Name Gura is quite predestined. So Guraji or Gurji would be fine for the starting period. After you have some success you simply add another ji like Gurjiji. But of Course you can also choose a Name which has nothing to do with your original Name. What about Monk-jiji?

5. Delete old Videos like how to make a Girl squirt. You don`t want to be recognized for such stuff (even if it is holy shit) and conducting other earthly pleasures. A holy Person should be publicy considered as having transcended that and being able to create orgasmic Feelings in his mind without external help. (external also relates to the own Body especially hands)

6. Improve your Video cutting skills so that you can simply put a golden egg (Lingam) out of your mouth once you re-appear on Youtube with a full-grown beard.

7. categorize the questions that People might ask. There are many Topics but you can summarize and categorize them easily to about 100 Topics of life. Develop an answer to each category. For each one you should also develop a parable. That is because you don`t want to offend People by telling them the ugly truth. If a Lion tells the trouth to a monkey People will swallow it. 

8. As soon as you have enough Followers you let them donate Money and build an ashram. India is a great place since there is no Religion-Monopoly there. People therefore are so confused about their existence so that you can make them believe almost anything. So there are also enough potential Followers there. And make sure that you sit in a chair or swing that is significantly higher as the People who should sit on the ground. So they have to look up. (if you want to be innovative, you can also talk out of a hole in the earth but that is just a Suggestion...)

9. Make a secret assessment Center for getting enough qualified disciples. There should be a sufficient number of them to make you credible enough. Leo and his 3 disciples would Sound a bit lousy. So between 7 and 12 is a pretty good number, if it is more it becomes difficult to handle and also sounds a bit exaggregated in comparison with fellow sages. Like Leo and his 74 disciples... But be clear about it: Once you define the number, you cannot Change that anymore. So sign confidential life-time contracts with the applicants. A descending number or big fluctuation is not good for your reputation. So even if someone is for any reason not motivated any longer, he should have the Obligation to Show up from time to time in the ashram at least.

10. Talk a bit more slowly.

well, that should be it. Or did I leave out something important?

:D

what I wanted to say with this whole posting is something you probably forgot in your Video: You Need to develope sense of humour that many of the sages have in common as they know the cosmic joke of existence.

universal regards, Wendelin

Edited by Wendelin

@Snick  Thanks snick. No I did not read that yet (have not so much time) but I will have a look.

20 hours ago, Martin123 said:

Is this the actualized.org cult? :D

Your life is your life. You can do whatever you want. Leo's life is his life and his channel is his channel. If he decides to start giving advice about cocaine parties, it is none of your business.

Find teachers that suit you, don't get too attached to them, because none of them can represent your life's journey fully.  Every life is fully and completely unique!

the perfect words have been said.

it's your show. it's your universe. there's no one else here, just you, and nothing is being withheld from you. you are completely on your own. everything is available for direct knowing. no one has anything you need. no one else can lead you, pull you, push you or carry you. no one else is necessary for your success. it cannot be simpler - you are asleep and you can wake up. if you understand that it's the best news you could possibly receive.

behold! the way is open unto thee.

jed mckenna - spiritual enlightenment the damnedest thing

unborn Truth

I am somewhat compelled by the vision, although not really on board. I haven't been completelly on boad with enlightment either. What does appeal to me is developing mastery of oneself, especially emotional mastery. I'm very much looking forward to the promissed "energetic body" video. What appeals to me is living well in the present moment. I would say I wish to be sage, but not necessarily Sage. 

I do grasp how sage people have a strong presence. I probably haven't met one of the greatest, but I have met at least two great women who I would certainly call sage and who became kind of my role models. One was my math teacher, very dedicated to teaching (not only) the tallented and showing the beauty of logic, while still very emotional in her expression. The other is a retired librarian with a wast orientation in both old and contemporary literature and film, and a master of the art of storytelling. She gives talks on sci-fi conventions, and if it isn't myth she is narating, she likes to talk about difficult all-human topics, which generally take currage to talk about, like pure evil and suffering, war and love.

These women radiate care and kindness, as well as curiosity, and their knowledge in their respective fields is admirable. There is an aura of both strength and vulnerability when they speak publicly, and love if you can meet them privatelly. And of course presence. When I'm their age, or even sooner, I want to be like them.

3 hours ago, Wendelin said:

5. Delete old Videos like how to make a Girl squirt. You don`t want to be recognized for such stuff (even if it is holy shit) and conducting other earthly pleasures. A holy Person should be publicy considered as having transcended that and being able to create orgasmic Feelings in his mind without external help. (external also relates to the own Body especially hands) 

Oh, really... he took his sex videos down... well, I don't know about how to make a girl squirt (I think it might have been a good technical introduction), but I am not sorry for the "how to have great sex", they had some good points, but all in all very not really high level and contained stereotypes. 

There are billions of ways to be sage because there are billions of different beings. 

The way is to live a lot is easy as well: love-oneness-truth. 

By the way, calling out all sages to live with the minimum required needs and donate the rest to proven good charities (see 'effective altruism') or good projects.

22 hours ago, Aamir King said:

@George Paul Becoming a sage, implies you have a vast amount of knowledge of everything, in order to aid humanity. As well as the knowledge of how to best interpret meditation, and therefore because you this you are a master of all things. Enlightenment, life purpose, you name it. B|

Yeah Aamir, that's what I am afraid of. If what you said is true, and my feelings are that it is, then there is a big contradiction between finding yourself and being a sage. By finding yourself I don't mean necessarily to be enlightened, but to be on the path. That path is much different from the path to being a sage.

To sum up:

A sage has a wide view of all what reality is comprised of. He always has a wise answer to any question put by people. See Osho in this respect.

An enlightened or wannabe one tries to unlearn everything, so the only answer he could give is: the things are how they are. Not much knowledge in this answer, but who can say it is not true ? It is a different kind of wisdom, much different from what all the guru in the market show off. In this regard, is a zen master a sage ? 

But that's ok, I am at peace now with what I have learned, it is a simple matter of choice which path to follow. Too much noise for nothing.

Edited by George Paul

9 minutes ago, George Paul said:

A sage has a wide view of all what reality is comprised of. He always has a wise answer to any question put by people. See Osho in this respect.

An enlightened or wannabe one tries to unlearn everything, so the only answer he could give is: the things are how they are. Not much knowledge in this answer, but who can say it is not true ? It is a different kind of wisdom, much different from what all the guru in the market show off. In this regard, is a zen master a sage ? 

Isn't that a false contradiction? 

How does an attitude of accepting reality ("thigs are how they are") stop you from knowing how they are? 

20 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

Isn't that a false contradiction? 

How does an attitude of accepting reality ("thigs are how they are") stop you from knowing how they are? 

Usually those who says "things are what they are" don't have an attitude or intention of anything, just be. Not just know, just be. That's how that "attitude" stops you from knowing. You might heard about the power of not knowing, or zen's beginner mind. I am not talking about ignorance here, so don't rush to execute me.

Dunno, maybe I am in confusion, maybe zen masters who barely produce a sound or just show you an orange or a palm when they are asked something, maybe they are sages. Maybe the silence is the best answer they can produce, and there is where the real wisdom is.

Edited by George Paul

Zen Masters of Japan by Richard Bryan McDaniel is a good book on this topic.

Edited by Huz

THis is LEos business. What do you expect? You do realize that he need to make a new video every week?

I stopped watching Leo's sage video at "Osho read 150,000 books".

Let's do the math:

Assuming Osho was a speed-reader and could read and absorb one complete book a day, 150k books would take 450 years to read.

But let's say Osho was a particularly-gifted speed-reader, and could read 10 books a day - well, then that would only take 45 years of his 58yr lifespan, at about a book an hour of his waking life.  And that's assuming he didn't take any time off to ride in one of his 96 Rolls Royces.

My point is that by quoting (at least twice in the vid) a charlatan's claim to superior intellect, it taints the general message.

And seeking  anything, whether it be "enlightenment" of becoming a sage, well, that's just another ego trip.

You don't need to "seek" to be a sage. What Leo is saying is to be generally curious about the realms of consciousnesses and what there is to discover in life. If your still thinking in terms of what you can attain then that just shows where you are at in your development. After realization all that drops away, however you can still become generally interested in discovering many other things in life which becomes very fulfilling. Life is interesting why wouldn't you want to raise your awareness levels?

29 minutes ago, jse said:

Assuming Osho was a speed-reader and could read and absorb one complete book a day

He has explained that he can read a whole page at a glance. There are mystical ways of reading the books, it is beyond logic, so I can't discuss it. A kind of speed-reading had been developed which allowed Osho not only to remember what he read with a photographic memory, but also to underline and add special coloured dots in the margin in his dialogue with the text. Osho signed every book after having read it. Osho stopped reading books around 1980.

54 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

He has explained that he can read a whole page at a glance. There are mystical ways of reading the books, it is beyond logic, so I can't discuss it. A kind of speed-reading had been developed which allowed Osho not only to remember what he read with a photographic memory, but also to underline and add special coloured dots in the margin in his dialogue with the text. Osho signed every book after having read it. Osho stopped reading books around 1980.

I'm calling bullshit on that one.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I'm calling bullshit on that one.

It doesn't makes any difference. Almost whole world doesn't believe that human beings can be enlightened, does it changes anything ? The very insistence on meditation is illogical because meditation says: you can know only when the mind is dropped, anyone can call it bullshit.