Kalki Avatar

Can too much knowledge be dangerous?

15 posts in this topic

I have seen how having too much knowledge in my head and not being distanced to it is already causing problems in my life. Including some mental unstablity. Not to even mention the karma problems I have got into cuz of it. 

Has something similar occured to someone here? Any tips to handle this properly? 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

Knowledge is power and with great power comes great responsibility. 

But, this of course, is determined by how you wield the power and not a guarantee that it will be dangerous no matter what you have learned.

To simplify it...knowledge is usually perceived dangerous when one hasn't realized the "other side" to the knowledge they gained. All knowledge that comes full circle is inherently liberating.

A tip would be either to investigate further to bring it full circle, thus liberating you or letting whatever you perceiving go for it's not an actuality but rather just a perceived manifestation from your own self biased. It's best to flow with knowing you know nothing, rather than be burdened by thinking you know a lot of something.

Edited by Nos7algiK

This is a variation on the Dunning-Kruger effect: having gained enough knowledge to spook yourself but not enough to soothe yourself :P

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Tap into the Akasha and release the burden. There is infinite knowledge without having to carry all that, it can be accessed by practicing singing. 

Singer

14™

too much knowledge isn't bad until you just fill up your head with them and not implementing them.

like you talk the talk, but you don't walk the walk.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

10 hours ago, Kalki Avatar said:

I have seen how having too much knowledge in my head and not being distanced to it is already causing problems in my life. Including some mental unstablity. Not to even mention the karma problems I have got into cuz of it. 

Has something similar occured to someone here? Any tips to handle this properly? 

Thoughts are appearing & disappearing, yes? One of those thoughts, is that you have the content of those thoughts… but that is of course, just another appearing, and disappearing thought. If you don’t have it, how can there be instability from it, how can there be karma problems from it. Perhaps, the discord you’re experiencing isn’t from knowledge at all, but from ‘being the one who has it’. That’s like claiming you’re the one who has too much air. Of course it’s going to feel off, it’s ridiculous. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You seem to be referring to information overload, not knowledge.

Notice you “know” many things that are often overlooked; they operate in the background. When you look at an apple, your mind instantly interprets it as “Apple” and “red” and “delicious”, etc. This “knowledge” does not cause any sort of mental/physical problem. Monkey mind does.

Also, it sounds like your problem is more emotional — stress-related. Exercise and meditation should help.

What you are referring to as knowledge (internal dialogue, beliefs, learning) has power, since that domain determines your thoughts and behaviors. If you “know” (hold a belief that) you’re capable, that will influence your perception, thoughts, relationship and thus behavior relative to yourself, life and others.

So in that domain, knowledge can be powerful both for the positive (inspiring, empowering) and for the negative (dangerous, misunderstood).

Another form of knowledge is consciousness. Which is what should be pursued. It is always positive and in the direction of what’s true. This is what’s lacking. The only danger is lacking consciousness.

Edited by Arzola

I think a combination of too much and not enough is most dangerous

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Arzola Thanks for bringing me clarity. 

Yes, im emotionally stressed by too much information in my life and confusingly accuse knowledge as the cause. I couldn't make the distinctions right cause im somewhat blind now. Working on regaining my perception and entering the truth soon. Had been learning loads of useful stuff on the relative plain lately. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

Too much knowledge can be painful for sure. But you don't need to distance yourself from it because you are already distant from everything by being the aware presence. 

If it's real knowledge, no, it can only make your life more joyous. If it's a misinterpretation, most definitely.

Too much knowledge is only dangerous if you mistake it for actual knowledge. If you think you know anything that matters, don't think again. Everything that matters is directly realized.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

The more knowledge you acquire, the more context you have behind every new piece of information you absorb. This is why when rock and roll came on the scene in the 50s and 60s, it was so jarring to the older generation. Because it didn't fit into the paradigm of music that they knew. Same thing with the rock generation's reaction to hip hop. I'd be willing to bet that if you raised the rock generation with hip hop, they would view it very differently.

So all in all, I would say the most important thing to keep as you take in new information is OPEN MINDEDNESS. Try to have the same open mindedness you had before reading a single book, even if you've read 1000 books. Be willing to forget everything you think you know.

Edited by EternalForest

On 8/24/2021 at 0:53 PM, Kalki Avatar said:

@Nos7algiK  Yes, agree.

@Goldzilla@Goldzilla

How to tap into akasha? 

Check my post   ......(ancient yoga) 

Singer

14™