Someone here

What's the ultimate goal of this work?

32 posts in this topic

What to expect from doing this work and taking it to the very end?  What is the ultimate goal of all spiritual work and personal development?  What is the maximum potential to unlock here? What are we really after from all this enlightenment work and Self-help? 

I heard Leo once saying that  realizing you are God will instantly solve all of your problems in life.. Not only that but it will "heal" you from every illness you have. Is that true? 

My own insights is that there is none. Ultimately everything is pointless and there is no ultimate goal.  But then why do the work? What's the motivation? 

Some might say happiness and fulfillment. But is happiness really achieved in the future after accomplishments X and Y and Z.. Isn't the whole point of spirituality is to find unconditional peace and happiness in the present moment and overwhelming love? 

I guess I want to know where I am heading with this work? For those of you who think they made it to the very end.. What did you get? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What are we really after from all this enlightenment work and Self-help? 

Enlightenment is killing the self, completely different direction of self improvement. 

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I heard Leo once saying that  realizing you are God will instantly solve all of your problems in life..

Because there will be no more you or life, or Real You realize that you (ego) is not real as world.

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

My own insights is that there is none. Ultimately everything is pointless and there is no ultimate goal.  But then why do the work? What's the motivation?

You are not real, how can be the word of “pointless “ exists? The word of pointless comes from you.

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Some might say happiness and fulfillment. But is happiness really achieved in the future after accomplishments X and Y and Z.. Isn't the whole point of spirituality is to find unconditional peace and happiness in the present moment and overwhelming love? 

No it is not. It is realization of what You really are.

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

guess I want to know where I am heading with this work? For those of you who think they made it to the very end.. What did you get? 

Nothing ???. But it cant not be given or gotten. 

This is not a work, spirituality is a way of life. It never ends. 

Singer

14™

44 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What did you get? 

I got it all, obviously. And I also got nothing. 

Look at it as you wish.

Basically, man, you are just free. Whatever you want - you can. 

56 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What to expect from doing this work and taking it to the very end?  What is the ultimate goal of all spiritual work and personal development?  What is the maximum potential to unlock here? What are we really after from all this enlightenment work and Self-help? 

I agree with those who say there is no end.

A part of the path is the path of knowledge which eventually becomes the path of being. I would equate this place where it transitions as the threshold between tier one and tier to incorporate Spiral Dynamics ,,,,

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Ultimately everything is pointless and there is no ultimate goal.  But then why do the work? What's the motivation? 

I guess I want to know where I am heading with this work? For those of you who think they made it to the very end.. What did you get? 

Doing the Work means integration and individuation which requires dissolving one’s shadow which is made up of psychological blind spots and areas of ignorance where we think we know but don’t and so stay closed down and not open and receptive. Purification of our emotions is often difficult and usually takes a bit of time. 
Doing this work increases consciousness which equates with a higher degree of being. With a higher degree of being comes understanding. Through this understanding we find peace and are then capable of real Love.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I heard Leo once saying that  realizing you are God will instantly solve all of your problems in life.. Not only that but it will "heal" you from every illness you have. Is that true? 

We've been through this before haven't we?  When you sit down to play a video game do you try to win the game even though you know it's a game?  Typically you do, and you imagine it's real...ta da!  Spirituality is about transcending the game, so "you" won't get anything there but YOU will...and personal development after awakening is about knowing it's a game but still playing it to its fullest!! :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Enlightenment has nothing to do with fulfilling the grandiose vision of enlightenment that the character is looking to achieve. 

It's the revelation that the character with all its wants, needs and desires is completely fictional.

It's Liberation from the character which is desperately trying to achieve something.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, James12345 said:

Nothing ???. 

Then what's the point of doing the work? 

-Osho

yeah, it's realizing that the self who is trying is unreal, okay. but above all it is to realize what you really are. many will say, you are nothing. ok ok, but you ARE, or not? obviously yes. enlightenment is not understanding that you are nothing and everything blah blah. it is to embody the limitless infinity that you are ,that being infinite and being nothing, is love. it is infinite fullness that fills you. that's why it's called enlightenment, no ennothingment. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Then what's the point of doing the work? 

Thats not a nothing as you assume. It is literally Nothing. 

Enlightenment is the only solution to true happiness. 

True happiness can only be achieved from a foundation of truth. All other forms of happiness are distortions of the ego mind.

True happiness is not found in the many manifestations of form, nor is it found by abiding in the formless (yet abiding in formlessness is actually much more pleasurable than form, once the taste is acquired).

True happiness is found in the simultaneous expansion and contraction of form and formlessness, birth and death, arising and passing, in breath and out breath. True happiness is neither perception, nor non perception, neither being nor non-being, neither everything nor nothing. 

True happiness is that great equilibrium that unifies all, that is one. Don’t mistake this for neutrality though. It is only by stepping into this emptiness can one be truly happy. 

So overall what is the point of this work? To become conscious of what you really are.

Overall, what is the point of becoming conscious of what you really are? Lasting happiness. 

Overall, what is the point of lasting happiness? All beings naturally, and spontaneously move towards this type of satisfaction, yet from a place of ignorance hence why they are never satisfied. Even if you pretended happiness wasn’t what you were seeking, your actions say otherwise. We’re all always moving in an attempt to cope with our existential circumstance ie moving to find happiness in this world. We’re all already doing it, effortlessly, but failing spectacularly. We could never not chase happiness either. Even depression, self destructive behaviors, and suicide are forms of seeking happiness, it’s just much more obvious how these strategies are failing than if one is say, running a successful business and ‘happy’ with their work. Both examples are still suffering due to a fundamental ignorance. 

Samsara is not where ultimate happiness resides. Only you are. 

@Consilience is "lasting happiness" a realistic goal? Since everything is impermanent 

-Osho

15 hours ago, James12345 said:

Thats not a nothing as you assume. It is literally Nothing. 

What do you mean? 

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

What do you mean? 

When you go to sleep or before birth what is there? 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

What exactly are you talking about when you say “this work” ?

Enlightenment and Self-help work such as :meditation.. Self inquiry.. Contemplation.. Yoga.. Exercise.. Diet..shadow work etc 

-Osho

1 hour ago, James12345 said:

When you go to sleep or before birth what is there? 

Nothing? 

-Osho

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nothing? 

Yes. ???isnt it so fucking funny? ???.  Thats what You or me really are. Thats why we are identical ????

The one who is alive and in the world is the ego, which is the “thinker, experiencer or self”. If you dont think there will be no “you, experience, self or ego”. Thats why now is before birth and You are always what You really are, just back and fort with the thoughts and you call that world, life ???

Edited by James12345

The more I dive into spirituality, the more I realize that God puts himself into a labyrinth for fun (with a  limited human intelligence).