Gabith

Why can't we see beauty in everything

15 posts in this topic

Why is it so hard to see beauty in some things, like for example a dead animal ?

I can feel lot of beauty when I watch nature, the sky, an insect, an animal, the rain, my hands, eyes, music, movies .... sometimes I cry because I feel too much beauty and it's mindblowing but why is it so hard to see this beauty in everything ?
What is keeping me from seeing the beauty and perfection of what is, even if it's "negative" or "bad"  ?

Because our egos won’t allow it. The more we shrink our ego and sense of self, the more beauty is revealed.

@RickyFitts how do you see the beauty in everything ?

1 hour ago, Gabith said:

sometimes I cry because I feel too much beauty and it's mindblowing but why is it so hard to see this beauty in everything ?

Because you need contrast in order to get a picture. What happens if you open a digital picture with Photoshop and lower the contrast all the way down to zero? You get a boring grey square instead of a rich and detailed grafic, that's what happens!

Now, you can look at a black pixel in isolation and say "meh, I don't like black... i like white better. Why can't this black pixel be white?" But if you take a step back and look at the whole picture, you will see that the black pixels accentuate the white ones and make them shine.

Why are the stars glowing bright at night? Because they are surrounded by pitch black darkness.

No "ugliness" -> no "beauty".

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Gabith said:

@RickyFitts how do you see the beauty in everything ?

Me personally? I don't, is the honest answer :D What you see 'out there' is a reflection of what's going on inside you, so anything that's unresolved within you - any anger, hatred, sorrow, despair, resentment, and whatever else weighs on your heart - is going to distort your perception. Conversely, when your heart is pure, the world will appear pure to you too.

Just keep in mind that going to war with your inner demons only creates more inner conflict - you have to see the beauty in your own apparent ugliness (and we all have that, don't worry).

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Gabith  When there is full acceptance of what is - which includes what is not-liked, even the not-liking - there is no negativity, and no words that can fully capture this, but positive sounding words like 'beauty' are often used.

7 hours ago, Gabith said:

Why is it so hard to see beauty in some things, like for example a dead animal ?

I can feel lot of beauty when I watch nature, the sky, an insect, an animal, the rain, my hands, eyes, music, movies .... sometimes I cry because I feel too much beauty and it's mindblowing but why is it so hard to see this beauty in everything ?
What is keeping me from seeing the beauty and perfection of what is, even if it's "negative" or "bad"  ?

Allowing things to feel exactly as they feel is the beauty.

Then there's no need to change a feeling about something... that's the freedom ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Why don’t you just accept, that a dead animal is a ugly thing. Why does it have to be beautiful. In fact the dead animal just “is”. It is neither beauty or ugly. You reflect your emotions and your desires on to it, soo it become a thing of the mind. There is only the beauty that you reflect from with in. The world is not responsible, for bringing beauty in to your life, you are. 

Because of your survival agenda

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Selfishness

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Gabith said:

@Gabith I really don't think we need to spend too much time trying to see the beauty in dead animals. Just saying. :D ^_^

Arashiyama-Bamboo-Grove-GettyImages-915795558.jpeg

Edited by Esilda

because you are not full of it yourself

be-you-to-full #beautiful

Edited by gettoefl