samijiben

Critique Against Actualized.org and Leo's Work

59 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Like I said above, take care of your body.

You guys make it sound like I am anti-exercise. I used to squat so much weight my thighs would not fit in my jeans.

Moderate exercise is ideal.

Would you consider Ken Wilber's body a good balanced ideal or it's still kinda "gym ratt'y" In your book? 

@Hello from Russia Look up Helmut Strebl. That dude epitomizes "gym rat." Ken Wilber, on the other hand, well... idk. It's all subjective, I guess. 

Ken Wilbur looks big secsy, like look at those pecs, holy shit. @Hello from Russia That's some serious labor that went into creating that. Judging people because they're "gym ratty", I say fuck that and let them be themselves. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The most conscious people in history were not roided up Joe Rogan meatheads.

Joe Rogan is the type of guy having orgasms watching other people get seriously damaged and injured.

arogan.jpg

Plus he works for Dana White. The nicest person in the universe who pays 10-20 grand world class atheltes to get in the octagon and risk life-altering injuries. Hey i can't blame him. HGH, gambling and hookers are expensive!! 

Edited by SQAAD

5 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

Ken Wilbur looks big secsy, like look at those pecs, holy shit. @Hello from Russia That's some serious labor that went into creating that. Judging people because they're "gym ratty", I say fuck that and let them be themselves. 

Im not judging anybody

I personally struggle with this as I tend to spend way too much time at the gym when I go there. Perhaps I also use this time to kinda chill and I rarely allow myself to chill in my usual time

But yeah, Ken Wilber is a sexy mofo

I think people are judging others by their own standars.

Leo does not have the body type to be muscular. Some people are more genetically gifted to have big , nice muscles without even exercising. Leo has been gifted to be more mental and that's where he focuses the majority of his time. If he had different genetics for muscles then he might cared more about having big round muscles.

Someone more physically gifted would probably want to enhance more his physique just like a philosopher or knowledge-junkie wants to learn even more. Some  people chase more power through the gym while others through the library. They are both egoic activities i think.

My point is that people do what they are good at. If you have a nice body and get compliments about it, you'll probably want to enhance that by going to the gym. If you have tons of knowledge and people are impressed by you, you'll probably want to be learning even more. If you are very good at math and people give you compliments about it, that's what you'll pursue.

Leo has gotten love and compliments for his mental achievements, not because of his body. He doesn't have motivation to develope a ''nice''(by someones else standards) body.

Edited by SQAAD

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

I think people are judging others by their own standars.

Leo does not have the body type to be muscular. Some people are more genetically gifted to have big , nice muscles without even exercising. Leo has been gifted to be more mental and that's where he focuses the majority of his time. If he had different genetics for muscles then he might cared more about having big round muscles.

Someone more physically gifted would probably want to enhance more his physique just like a philosopher or knowledge-junkie wants to learn even more. Some  people chase more power through the gym while others through the library. They are both egoic activities i think.

A lot of philosophers from Greece were ripped as fuck, though, if we believe their statues

17 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Would you consider Ken Wilber's body a good balanced ideal or it's still kinda "gym ratt'y" In your book? 

Realistically, maintaining a body like that is going to turn into a waste of time.

You should have better things to do.

Who are you trying to impress?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Hello from Russia

6 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Im not judging anybody

I personally struggle with this as I tend to spend way too much time at the gym when I go there. Perhaps I also use this time to kinda chill and I rarely allow myself to chill in my usual time

But yeah, Ken Wilber is a sexy mofo

Ok sorry lol, if I seem kinda dipshitty sometimes it's just because I'm bipolar. what kind of workouts do you do?

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

In a way he speaks the truth. Who did not pushed the limits of his/her body has a limited undertanding of the inner self. And a limited understanding on what the body and mind can truly do. I speak about "the wall" not injuries. That thing when your are exausted physically to the verge of nausea, then pushing yourself to run more per example, after half an hour inside something will open and one can go further running for hours without tiredness. This is what is the "kunda force" and feels like when you get addicted to sports. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I used to squat so much weight my thighs would not fit in my jeans.

Pics or it never happened ?

17 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

Pics or it never happened ?

Out of compassion I don't want to make you ladies salivate ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

54 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Hello from Russia

Ok sorry lol, if I seem kinda dipshitty sometimes it's just because I'm bipolar. what kind of workouts do you do?

It's okay

I've been doing mostly weight training for the latest years with some cardio and stuff like that mixed it.

Right now I am incorporating way more mobility stuff like yoga and overall I'm trying to make the whole experience more "conscious" and also try to use workouts to raise my consciousness somehow, so it doesn't get wasted, body awareness kind of stuff. I'm quite new to this type of workouts, trying to develop my own ways actually

Edited by Hello from Russia

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Out of compassion I don't want to make you ladies salivate ;)

How very wise and magnanimous of you.  Explains why you only shoot videos from the shoulders up :P.

500_F_46407005_IpMuHMo95m9Sfuuz5lRLkrevO7jqAw4J.jpg

8 hours ago, samijiben said:

I want to level a critique against Actualized that I guarantee you've never heard before. This has recently been brought to my attention.

I should preface by expressing my appreciation and gratitude for your work, Leo. I speak on behalf of your audience and the members of this forum when I say your work has transformed my understanding of myself and reality in a positive way

With that being said, I believe your philosophy leaves out an integral component of spirituality: that of physical health. Now I know what you're thinking: spirituality is all about transcending the physical body. But transcendence does not mean ignoring what you're transcending, it means including it while also moving on to "bigger and better things." 

Let me specify what I mean when I say physical health. I do not just mean eating healthy and working out. I mean pushing your body to extreme limits, whether that's by lifting heavy weights, doing high-intensity training, running hard, rowing, boxing, swimming, playing tennis, playing basketball, or essentially any sport that you do not just play for shits and giggles but to train the body and reach excellence and peak-performance while testing your physical limits and pushing yourself physically in the face of adversity. I think running long-distance best exemplifies this.

Then again, maybe as an athlete I am being biased and can't see it. But I think extreme physical endurance and strength are crucial to spirituality. 

Not at all. I have been doing mma for 14 years, in order to stay focus, effortlessly move and not to get tired (specially for heavyweight) mind must be empty. This is lots of work, crazy pushing the body, which helps to not even move for 2-3 hours while meditating. Go check Shaolin Monks. Sorry but you are completely wrong. After enlightenment every moment is meditation thats a different story but before that so called body needs lots of hard training to realize body and trainer is just a thought itself. Because before enlightenment “you” are completely stuck thought of having a body, and you cant even be aware of that is a thought. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Realistically, maintaining a body like that is going to turn into a waste of time.

You should have better things to do.

Who are you trying to impress?

A body like that is easily maintained with a routine of 3 to 4 times of 1-1,5 hours of exercise. If you are healthy and know what you're doing that is. 

Better things to do like looking at YouTube videos all day? You post so much random stuff on the blog and you consider that a priority and time spend better than maintaining a healthy, fit and agile body.

Don't underestimate the power of posture for your health. Better breathing, sharper senses, more oxygen, better regeneration, better sleep, better Psyche - higher baseline level of consciousness.

I realize I am somewhat projecting because some of that dynamic is in me as well. But I point it out here strategically to bring it into your awareness and mine.

Exercise is not a waste of time but a deeply beneficial habit. Looking like Wilber is not a sign of poor priorities but on outgrowth (literally) of training properly. If you aren't seeing significant results - that's when you are actually wasting your time.

Edited by Phil777