KennedyCarter

Humans are frugivores

78 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, impulse9 said:

I don't know, you tell me.

vLlruf8.jpg

If you still think that chimps are frugivores watch the video on page 1.

@Michael569 heh, call me a meatboy! would I get upset like you? 

I can see that your ego is hurt because it's part of your identity, your job. I can feel that.

but I'm saying what my body talks to me as a signal. I've never eaten meat and felt bad afterwards.

of course, I have my own paper evidences just like you have your own evidences but I'm not trying to convince you and I don't need since I'm super healthy being carnivore.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Eating has nothing to do with consciousness.

It is purely survival business that serves to sustain the body, modify the psychological state, or maintain social interactions.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

@tsuki So it has to do with consciousness.

No.

Choice of food allows to express values of a different scope of a Self, and in doing so - lessen the relative suffering of the individual.
Still, nothing to do with consciousness - purely survival business.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 minutes ago, tsuki said:

No.

Choice of food allows to express values of a different scope of a Self, and in doing so - lessen the relative suffering of the individual.
Still, nothing to do with consciousness - purely survival business.

Ahaaaa. So, having better psychological states and health is not a benefitor towards consciousness work. 

I see I see.

Edited by Windappreciator

3 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

Ahaaaa. So, having better psychological states and health is not a benefitor towards consciousness work. 

I see I see.

Nope. Consider monks that starve in caves. Extreme psychological stress, social isolation and starvation.

Of course, neither does starvation help in consciousness work.

Edited by tsuki

19 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

unfortunately yours isn't ;)

Sorry ?.

@Windappreciator Shut up. Turks are pigs

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Meat is the most living and conscious food there is. "Spiritual" people ego tripping with their starvation diets is the most cringe thing there is.

@KennedyCarter

On 8/15/2021 at 8:41 AM, KennedyCarter said:

Hey I was hoping of starts conversation with diet and raising consciousness. I can’t help but to think the processed food, animal meat, and animal products that many consume is bad for consciousness. While eating our species specific diet of fruits, nuts and legumes will be good for raising consciousness. 

A conversation, or a debate, between diets and raising consciousness? Which one?

A diet is normally a way of eating a food as a lifestyle, which is typically taken for granted as a cultural practice, or sometimes designed by an individual, but sometimes is conflated for changing what foods you eat. For example, elimination diets like abstaining from coffee, or from eating grains, or sugar, and so on one by one for some period of time, is normally considered a diet because you are changing what you eat by not eating that specific food, and substituting for another, like drinking tea, or decaff in place of coffee. Another form of diet is changing the eating window instead of what you eat, like various forms of fasting, which I assume is probably what you're looking for if you seek some synergy between diet and raising consciousness. While there are similarities between the two, there are differences, like if you are formally meditating, you are not eating in that meditation session, and sometimes by yourself or with others, you just eat normally without applying any mindfulness.

How is animal products, animal meats and processed food any less spiritual than fruits, nuts and legumes? When you claim that animal products, meats and processed foods are bad for consciousness, how did you know that? Is that from your past experiences with those animal products, meats and processed foods, or from other people's stories, or videos about those animal products, meats and processed foods being claimed as bad for your consciousness?

Are you assuming that humans survived by mostly eating just fruits and vegetables, but never hunted and eaten other animals, and insects? Or are you referring to modern day humans now can just survive from only fruits, nuts, and legumes?

This is if you are coming at this from a moral view, so if you are, and think eating animals is bad for you, how do you know that eating nuts, fruits and legumes are any worse morally? After all, wide demand for nuts, fruits and legumes demands farming space for these products, which means cutting down wild plants for planting space for nuts, fruits and legumes. Also, these products need to be sprayed with pesticides, because the compact space they grow under makes it easy for pests to spread among the crops. Did you know that some fruits you buy are sometimes seedless? They design this with grapes, and by force make infertile versions of these fruits, regardless if those grapes wanted this or not.

Lol careful - the triggered, anti-vegan "but aighe need muh meat" mob is comin'

It's Love.

@RendHeaven Yeah I thought in a place like this, it would be more civilized haha. It’s ok the truth will prevail, our bodies and health speaks for itself ❤️