Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holygrail

Is the present moment without any thoughts really just nothingness?

20 posts in this topic

when we dont have any mental projections laid into reality, then there isnt any concept of something and nothing, this vs that, Is that what it's meant when saying that reality is actual nothingness? I felt like i didn't exist when i made the distinction between thoughts and the present moment and everything felt like nothingness because i didnt exist as thoughts to differentiate anything into something.

Edited by Holygrail

Nothing goes full circle into everything. Emptiness too, is empty. Empty-fullness; wholeness.

There is no "you." What we really are is consciousness (nothingness), which manifests into form (reality). Reality is consciousness. You are reality.

@Holygrail Yes, you are correct. Congrats for understanding this. It's so simple but it's one of the main things that needs to be embodied to end fundamental desire. Good luck with your embodiment process!

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

3 hours ago, Holygrail said:

when we dont have any mental projections laid into reality, then there isnt any concept of something and nothing, this vs that, Is that what it's meant when saying that reality is actual nothingness? 

@Holygrail Yes, you got it.

When "nothing" and "something" collapse, Nothing remains. 

There is no way of no thoughts in the present moment. You are alive because you continue thinking, even tho you want to experience nothingness that is only another focus on other things than thought. But believe me, you can't stop the thoughts processes without losing your life. You can only switch focus on breath per example and let thoughts come and go. The total dissapearance of thought is a blatant lie of society. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

@Goldzilla yeah absolutely.

Nothingness is not what you think nothingness is in actuality.

This is nothingness, the question is just how conscious are you of what nothing is.

"spacious" is a better word, as opposed to the forms appearing within it. See for yourself; "nothingness" isn't as bad as it sounds.

You cannot experience Absolute Nothingness!

Your Ego mind can imagine Nothingness from its microscopic limited bubble of reality, but the higher Mind that you are, is consciously creating you from moment to moment, it maintains all your thoughts, ideas, images, beliefs, and emotions.  It maintains all the Atoms, molecules, organs, and electromagnetic field of energy that you are.  You exist beyond your limited Ego awareness.

Consciousness = Thoughts in Action!

Thoughts = Energy in Action

Energy can never be destroyed.

Once a Thought, Idea, image, belief, and Emotion is manifested, it will continue to exist in Absolute Consciousness for eternity.

Just sharing a few thoughts, ideas, and beliefs!

Edited by TDLH

@Holygrail

It is best to not assume it is anything, but to know it is the Mystery of Life. As to hold any concept about what is underneath all the concepts is just more concepts that will keep you away from realize what is underneath all the concepts! :D

It is the Truth, and it will speak for itself when it is realized.

Get out there into life and discover what it is! 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Even “the present moment” is a projected layer. 

Just advice, but… stop conceptualizing nothing. Knowing / thinking the path is 1%, walking it is 99% (daily practice, diet & behavior changes, retreats, trips, etc, etc). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 8/15/2021 at 4:10 AM, Tim R said:

@Holygrail Yes, you got it.

When "nothing" and "something" collapse, Nothing remains. 

thats what i thought, though i believe there's a deeper experience to be had on nothingness than my realization

On 8/15/2021 at 8:44 AM, Nahm said:

Even “the present moment” is a projected layer. 

Just advice, but… stop conceptualizing nothing. Knowing / thinking the path is 1%, walking it is 99% (daily practice, diet & behavior changes, retreats, trips, etc, etc). 

yeah i know, they are only pointers and the pointers are never "it". but i am trying to experience it which i believe i had a glimpse of. 

On 8/15/2021 at 8:36 AM, OctagonOctopus said:

As to hold any concept about what is underneath all the concepts is just more concepts that will keep you away from realize what is underneath all the concepts! 

damn thats definitely the truth, i gotta start moving away from maps and into the territory!

On 8/15/2021 at 0:51 PM, Godishere said:

@Goldzilla yeah absolutely.

Nothingness is not what you think nothingness is in actuality.

This is nothingness, the question is just how conscious are you of what nothing is.

Frightening conscious. Bored to see routine pattern holograms in people around. 

Singer

14™

12 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

thats what i thought, though i believe there's a deeper experience to be had on nothingness than my realization

@Holygrail Oh but the realization of nothingness can go deeper. You've just begun to get in touch with Emptiness and so far, your understanding is almost exclusively on an intellectual level.

You still believe in "somethingness" if you're honest with yourself. Only because you have seen through a belief intellectually, doesn't mean that you feel it. 

But you can. You can feel yourself as nothing and the world as nothing, or both. You will lose your sense of weight. The world may appear like a dream or a hologram. It can be a bit frightening at first, but even that is only because you still think the world is supposed to be something?

3 hours ago, Holygrail said:

yeah i know, they are only pointers and the pointers are never "it". but i am trying to experience it which i believe i had a glimpse of. 

That’s a memory. Let it go. Once let go, it is clearly seen it wasn’t “a memory” at all. Just a self imposed veil. 

There’s nothing you can do which can’t be done, nothing you can sing that can’t be sung. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 hours ago, Holygrail said:

damn thats definitely the truth, i gotta start moving away from maps and into the territory!

Notice everything is already the territory ...the maps the pointers the philosophies.... all pieces of the same elephant. 

You can't move away from it or get closer to it because it's everything. 

The individual that feels separate within the body attempts to find something within everything.

Enlightenment is recognizing that apparent individual is an illusion.... then there's just everything which is simultaneously nothing like you said because the individual that places concepts about everything, is recognized to be just a story.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

It's not just that reality is nothing during deep meditation, when perception ceases. As you are looking at this very screen, it only appears to exist, but in truth, it doesn't. This is how nothing "looks" like.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

There is always something. Emptiness is a state of fullness. Nothingness is a state of being nothing in a wast space of omni presence. Soo you could say, that the emptiness is full of nothingness. Like the air, or gravitation, it is there, but not noticeable.

however it is not a constant state, one fluctuate, and that is the baeuty of enlightenment, to always be in a dynamic state.