Virgo

LITERALLY BROKE

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I lost 2 jobs already and just applied for different jobs, they pay like 15/h, hope I'll get it I'm waiting for my drug test. Iam so broke, I'm late on rent for 41days, my car needs a jump start everytime it starts. The only money that I have is from Food Assistance I can't even apply for Unemployment. It really sucks. I'm all by myself in the USA. I'm just sharing not for any particular advice, I'm just curious if any of you been to a situation like this? Worst thing that can happen is me going homeless and I still might find a job it's just that I'm sleep in my car and will have hard time to rent cuz my credit score will go down. The only thing I had money for was to buy a new phone, also my old phone broke jesus christ. ??? Anyone been in this situation? What happened and what did you do? 

I’ve not, but it’s good to see you have maintained optimism/sense of humor, because it doesn’t seem like an impossibility for me.

You ever thought of going to a hippie Commune?

Also, the concrete construction company I work for hires people without experience, ID, citizenship, or a lick of English. I assume they aren’t the only ones.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

I would say, surrender to the experience go through it consciously and be realistic about what it will take to get back on your feet. Use all the tools at your disposal, but if nothing is budging... don't get lost in stress. Just, relax.

But persist. Learn from this, and make a promise that in 5 years your life will be set up, you'll have 6 month of expenses saved up etc.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Here's some inspiration in the mean time.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 10/08/2021 at 9:45 AM, Virgo said:

Hey guys, I lost 2 jobs already and just applied for different jobs, they pay like 15/h, hope I'll get it I'm waiting for my drug test. Iam so broke, I'm late on rent for 41days, my car needs a jump start everytime it starts. The only money that I have is from Food Assistance I can't even apply for Unemployment. It really sucks. I'm all by myself in the USA. I'm just sharing not for any particular advice, I'm just curious if any of you been to a situation like this? Worst thing that can happen is me going homeless and I still might find a job it's just that I'm sleep in my car and will have hard time to rent cuz my credit score will go down. The only thing I had money for was to buy a new phone, also my old phone broke jesus christ. ??? Anyone been in this situation? What happened and what did you do? 

@Virgo Perhaps do an inquiry into why you lost those two jobs, and how you have ended up in this position where you have no savings to fall back on. Just take it easy however, dont stress too much. Glad you have a sense of humour about the situation.

Do what I'm doing and go online and complete free online education courses which you can use to upgrade your CV. 

See it as a growth experience. Write a rough action-step plan down, even if it's not perfect. Some basical small steps to follow. Then one step at a time ^_^.

Really sorry about your situation. If you're disciplined with some habits and show up to work for every hour you're needed (and taking on extra if you have energy), you'll bring yourself to a more stable position. I believe you can do it. I'll share some ideas, hopefully they can work for you.

- Look up videos for creative ways to save money on groceries. What food to eat that's low cost, high in calories, easy to make. You might need to sacrifice some taste and flavors you've been used to in life, in order to save money for now. You can spice up most meals for cheap though.

- Walk or bike to work if at all possible. It is free, saves you money on gas, and is exercise that's built into your day. Not to mention depending on your location you see beautiful things you miss driving by at 100 kmh :)

-  Break any addictions you have that drain money for no reason. I know I'm preaching here but it might be breaking the bank here. You need to quit cold or at least severely limit any vaping, smoking, weed use, or alcohol. They are ridiculously expensive and provide nothing to you.

- Find habits and ways to reduce stress that are no cost. If you live near parks spend time there, or going to the beach, or nature trails. These things improve your life and you don't need to pay for them. As opposed to video games or other habits which costs money for equipment or subscriptions.

- Also be diligent af about what plans and things you sign up for with phones and related items. Only get what you absolutely need and nothing more, especially if you're signing up for a few year plan.

Also just so you know, your credit score only goes down when you miss payments on recorded items you signed your name on. For example my credit score is based off;

- 1 bank loan I have

- Phone plan payments

- Car loan

- Credit card

Rent payments won't count towards your credit score, unless you have a mortgage. Don't be late for payments for these things or you'll take a hit to your score.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Totally relate to your story. I was dead broke and sleeping in the back of my truck at one time. I’d eat rice and beans every night and shower at my gym.

Definitely reflect over what got you in this position in the first place and use it as a growth opertunity.

Guess what? Now you’re forced into getting really fucking good at budgeting or you’re going to go homeless. There’s some motivation for you?

But for real just keep breathing through it and have faith that things will work out how they’re meant to.

And keep taking extreme action. No time for leisure. This is sink of swim buddy. Best get to working your ass off. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I read all of the comments. Thank you guys for the support ?❤️

Cant Tell you any advice since Im very clueless at survival, But i wish you good luck! You seem to remain positive and good mood so i bet you Will find something better

Start working as an electrician for 18 bucks an hour. Hit up your local ibew recruiter. Thank me later, all you need to know is math.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@diamondpenguin I just looked this up. If you went through this process, was it lengthy or is it something I can get into rather quickly (a few months)? What’s it like?