Hardkill

Increase in vaccine coercion

442 posts in this topic

Look through history. The greatest inventors, mathematicians, physicists, and so on, all lived in incredibly turbulent times. The collective sure as hell didn't help Einstein all that much, or Newton, or Gauss, or any of the greats, in fact often times it worked against them, just think Copernicus. And those are the people you know, you don't know about anyone else. The masses are forgotten, the greats aren't. Their wisdom, intelligence and actions reverberate through history to this day.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@impulse9 @Parththakkar12 Let's entertain the idea of not just "nature" but "human nature" for a while. Isn't it true that humans were obligate collectivists for most of evolutionary history? After all, what was the societal structure before the advent of agriculture? Pre- Dunbar number tribal bands. There was no such thing as "individual rights" back then. Survival of the individual was synonymous with the survival of the tribe. This actually never changed – it's still true today. It has just been forgotten because of the massive survival success of the collective, and now when the collective is threatened, people are confused when one considers implementing collective measures. So if humans are fundamentally collective creatures, why are you guys so against human nature? :P

Human nature is not to react against fear. It is to feel fear, but not to react to it. And when we react to fear, we pay the price!

Reacting to fear is not human nature. It's a choice.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

1 hour ago, impulse9 said:

Look through history. The greatest inventors, mathematicians, physicists, and so on, all lived in incredibly turbulent times. The collective sure as hell didn't help Einstein all that much, or Newton, or Gauss, or any of the greats, in fact often times it worked against them, just think Copernicus. And those are the people you know, you don't know about anyone else. The masses are forgotten, the greats aren't. Their wisdom, intelligence and actions reverberate through history to this day.

All the greats stood on the shoulders giants and lived in societies that were built on thousands of years of collective coordination; politics, business, infrastructure, production and services, architecture, medicine, military etc. Without that, we would not have the intellectual traditions that discovered things like individual rights and democracy. We would have to spend most of our time gathering food. It's so deeply interwoven into our daily lives at this point that we've become blind to its absolute importance.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I agree. But had there not been great individuals in the mix, you and I wouldn't be exchanging this dialog on our computers right now.

15 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

I agree. But had there not been great individuals in the mix, you and I wouldn't be exchanging this dialog on our computers right now.

Mhm. That is what a successful collective is at the most basic level: a collection of great individuals. They created everything you see around you that we're all enjoying the fruits of. What I'm essentially saying is that we should treat these things with tender care because it's the most precious things we have.

I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long without a lock down.

12 hours ago, Fortunate Son said:

I made this comment on some Youtube video, I think it's appropriate here:

I was also little hesitant to get my vaccine because of typical arguments like: it's experimental, long term consequences are unknown, big pharma lobbying etc. But then I come to conclusion that I am not competent for that debate with myself or with any other person. I don't have a phD in medicine or any other science. And consensus of science is that vaccines are safe and only way out of this. People who are working they ass of in research center's, labs, hospital's while we debate online and expressing OUR opinions. Who cares about your opinion if a public safety is under threat and you are not trained and schooled to deal with it. It's not about you, it's about the society that you are living it. Don't get me wrong, introspection is important in life but never underestimate the power of fear influence that is spreading online. All the scientists, especially virologists that you'll meet will tell you to get a vaccine. And there will ALWAYS be exceptions like doctors who are hesitant about vaccines but exceptions does not make the rules, nothing in Nature is 100%. But they can have a huge influence over public because of today's easy internet access and the ground is pretty fertile now because people are stressed abnormally in the last year and a half. And a lack of trust is not a surprise also because of distrust in governments and corporation's in general. Which is fine by me but distrust in a science, especially in critical situation like this, where public health system is under threat - is not fine! You can distrust big pharma corporations and their motif's but talk to unbiased scientists and listen to them. Talk to doctors and researchers with an open mind and listen to them about covid vaccine specifically. How many of the unvaccinated have done that? Sincerely? Have you done that? Please, be honest with yourself. I've done that and found out even if I spent thousands of hours reading online about vaccines and covid I still know SHIT about it. I was ignorant and self centered but at least I admit it to myself. I remembered my friend, a doctor who spent whole winter working in hospital like crazy, even on Christmas day because the hospitals were so full of people dying while we jerk off online, not wearing masks, debating and refusing vaccines. Let this pandemic be a lesson for a much bigger problem upcoming - climate change, preservation of our planet and all the Life in it.

*applause*

There’s nothing wrong with skepticism or distrust that comes from flagrant profiteering from corporations, but it can be taken too far at some point. There’s more at stake here than the need to be right or “stick it to The Man”.

45 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long without a lock down.

I'm glad it has. The only effect censorship has is people get even more angry for not being able to voice opinion. Discourse is much preferred.

I'm unvaccinated and finally contracted COVID about a month ago. Luckily, I just had a runny nose and a low grade fever for a few days before fully recovering. I feel I made a personal choice not to get vaccinated and therefore in a way I chose COVID over the vaccine and I'm okay with how things turned out :ph34r: 

Teal Swan is a teacher I also respect and I do believe the REACTION to COVID is the true danger…

@tashadwoodfall

7 minutes ago, tashadwoodfall said:

I'm unvaccinated and finally contracted COVID about a month ago. Luckily, I just had a runny nose and a low grade fever for a few days before fully recovering. I feel I made a personal choice not to get vaccinated and therefore in a way I chose COVID over the vaccine and I'm okay with how things turned out :ph34r: 

Teal Swan is a teacher I also respect and I do believe the REACTION to COVID is the true danger…

Are you sure that was the Covid virus? Did you test positive for it?

@Carl-Richard so does selling McDonald's cheeseburgers but you don't see me protesting that.

@Danioover9000 Yes I did. I thought it was just a cold until my daughter's father's wife tested positive because she lost her sense of smell for a few days and so we all got tested.

8 hours ago, tashadwoodfall said:

@Carl-Richard so does selling McDonald's cheeseburgers but you don't see me protesting that.

You choose to eat the cheeseburger. You don't choose to get hit by a drunk driver or COVID-19.

Funny thing is, even if you're vaccinated, you can still catch the virus and furthermore, you can carry and spread the virus as well. That just means if you're vaccinated, you're less likely to get hospitalized if you happen to catch it. That's it. It's only for your survival. Therefore, the whole 'blame the anti-vaxxers' perspective makes literally no sense.

It's astonishing that people actually believe that we can stop spreading of the virus by vaccinating everybody. 

2 hours ago, Clint Eastwood said:

Subjects like deconstructing reality or science were your speciality, but it seems like it's only mental masturbation and not practical when it comes to politics or health. 

What about deconstructing libertarianism? ;)

44 minutes ago, nistake said:

Funny thing is, even if you're vaccinated, you can still catch the virus and furthermore, you can carry and spread the virus as well.

It's either all or nothing, am I right? 9_9