Alan Reji

Role of genetics and luck in God Realization

24 posts in this topic

What factors contribute to a person's awakening? Can a "stupid" person get enlightened? What about life circumstances? What about personality traits like openness, conscientiousness and neuroticism? Who has the better chance; an introvert or an extrovert, if all the other factors are taken away?

Bipolar disorder is a genetic catalyst for enlightenment, if used properly, which is incredibly hard to do. I can say that much from experience. A bipolar person with a weak orange or lower foundation who is missing a strong family, friend, & coworker support system is possibly better off to avoid spirituality for some time unless they are ready to kill themselves in which case a formless insight producing treatment (psychedelics are the go-to of course) might be all that keeps them alive. 

I can’t say much for the rest, but karma determines everything. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

There are hundreds of factors which are too complex to ever map.

Genetics play a massive role, just as with anything else in life.

If you had the wrong genetics you wouldn't even be able to read the word "enlightenment", never mind achieving it.

People seriously take genetics for granted.

If you had the wrong genetics, you would be a kangaroo. Just think about that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

I was born for this spiritual shit bro, it’s no secret for me.

I say you started before birth. It's the reason you took on this birth in the first place. Perhaps to finish what you started.

It is all about the mind and the overall picture and how open minded and non judgemental you are/can be.

Genetics play a role and brain function and psychological states of mind etc.

When open mindedness is practiced to the bone, all concepts dissolve and language break down and then Reality is revealed as it has always been beneath all concepts and beliefs etc but has been hidden since it is the only "constant"

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

None of my blood family are even interested in psychology or philosophy, let alone awakening. I was always an observer, deep thinker/outside the box, non-conformist, questioning everything, intuitive, somewhat introverted. Perhaps genetics played a part, but am sure many other factors too. God works in mysterious ways :ph34r:

I don't think it's based on genetics as much as it's based on soul history. for example, I'm a earth angel and starseed hybrid being and I'm only 19, but my third eye chakra and crown chakra are so activated it's insane. I'm also hyper intuitive as frijoles. Kundalini awakening started at the crown chakra two years ago. I've been able to anchor so much light it's insane. 

Soul requires developmental periods and it takes a long time. Nothing is taken for granted or handed out for free. 

Genesis 27:27-29

Have no idea what you guys are talking about. 

5 hours ago, cetus said:

I say you started before birth. It's the reason you took on this birth in the first place. Perhaps to finish what you started.

Yeah baby return home be blacky. 

But we still have to dream this BS. 

Mission completed, why bother anymore? 

Black, black, black way to cool. Imagine that forever. There is also no sense of time. Could be that eternally without all this. 

Real home. 

Way to impatient.Ah....I mean who wants to bother with 50 years left of this. Couldn't care less. 

Edited by Zeroguy

@cetus

You know how I feel sometimes. Like I taken of stinky filthy dirty garment of human existence and life. Disgusted to hold them in a sense. 

This stuff brings complete transcendence of human condition and seign through all of their BS. 

When I think about hey 50 more years of this. Skip me. For what? 

8 hours ago, Natasha said:

None of my blood family are even interested in psychology or philosophy, let alone awakening. I was always an observer, deep thinker/outside the box, non-conformist, questioning everything, intuitive, somewhat introverted. Perhaps genetics played a part, but am sure many other factors too. God works in mysterious ways :ph34r:

Interesting. I was that way too. Except I would describe me as HIGHLY introverted. Always had a deep interest in how things actually worked.

13 hours ago, DreamScape said:

I don't think it's based on genetics as much as it's based on soul history. for example, I'm a earth angel and starseed hybrid being and I'm only 19, but my third eye chakra and crown chakra are so activated it's insane. I'm also hyper intuitive as frijoles. Kundalini awakening started at the crown chakra two years ago. I've been able to anchor so much light it's insane. 

Soul requires developmental periods and it takes a long time. Nothing is taken for granted or handed out for free. 

Dude, wtf is earth angel and starseed hybrid xD

14 hours ago, DreamScape said:

I don't think it's based on genetics as much as it's based on soul history.

I feel it's connected, soul history causes you to be born with the right genetics to progress further.

9 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Interesting. I was that way too. Except I would describe me as HIGHLY introverted. Always had a deep interest in how things actually worked.

It can be safely assumed that introversion is shared by most awakened beings. At least most I know are natural introverts.

@Zeroguy

Rise to the colosseum of life...         You have everything to give and nothing to lose, we are all in this motherfucker together and its fucking hard, Guess what, rise to the occasion and make something powerful with it. Or keep dreaming of escaping into the blackness for the rest of your life, the rest of us are gona carry the boats and logs. 

Said with love, dont opt out of life right now, with that type of mentality, you can if you want. But you have got so much more to give and Ive got a feeling that things will change for you in a radical way, if you just let it 

18 hours ago, cetus said:

@cetus
That his hard. My whole life I've been contemplating if I'm even sane for thinking about this. I feel like I came here again because in my past live/s I couldn't complete my "mission" or whatever it was and now I came to finally achieve it (hopefully). Also my life is going in a direction which I've always imagined (emotionally and with experiences and images, kind of a story). Too many things in my life are working for my benefit, and it's as if some guy is shouting in my hear again and again that this  life is working hard for me, so I gotta get going and take massive action towards the paradise that is awaiting for me. What does this mean? Please help me understand this, you have no idea how weird it is saying this

How would we even know the answer to your question? After all we only have our own direct experience which cannot be compared to the ones of other, as we don't experience the life of others from their POV. Anyone claiming they know genetics or environment is a factor to enlightenment is full of shit since they cannot compare their genetics or environment to the ones of anyone else. All excuses made by the ego to avoid awakening.

A guru after doing a lot of 1 to 1 work with many students could try to answer this question from the perspectives of the students rather than his own, but we cannot know whether this man is just creating generalizations about his students or is actually right. It would be very easy for the guru to start believing "extroverts have it harder" when it comes to enlightenment and start using confirmation bias to confirm his theory. None of this would make it true though.

One could try to answer those questions with statistical models but we don't have such research at the moment and it's insanely tricky to determine whether members of a population are "enlightened" or not.

In practice, if you believe anything holds you back from enlightenment you are bullshitting yourself and it's that exact bullshit that separates you from it. You are it, not matter what your body is like, what your story is like or what your genetics are like. If God wants to experience being a kangaroo, God doesn't stop being God for the kangaroo.

Edited by 4201

13 hours ago, Natasha said:

It can be safely assumed that introversion is shared by most awakened beings. At least most I know are natural introverts.

It doesn't surprise me. It is a inward journey after all so introversion should be a trait that is helpful. 

It's an outer journey as much as inner.

Inside and outside are One. I know extroverted awakened folk. Extroverts might have it easier to awaken because they are not stuck in their private world so much.

It's easy to awaken when you don't think much.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.