Heart of Space

It's possible to be enlightened and be a horrible narcissist

50 posts in this topic

That's not real enlightenment then. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@James123 @Moksha @The0Self 

@Bojan V  @vladorion  @The Lucid Dreamer

@SolarWarden @Inliytened1 @Megan Alecia

Your lack of acknowledging a form of an enlightened state of being is your own shadow. 

You hate the idea, because the idea of someone acting with cruelty and being enlightened is triggering to you.  

That is what the majority of the responses in the thread are.  

5 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Your lack of acknowledging a form of an enlightened state of being is your own shadow. 

You hate the idea, because the idea of someone acting with cruelty and being enlightened is triggering to you.  

You can kid yourself till eternity.  It will still be you waiting for you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Well yeah, but that doesn't change fact that narcissism is about as probabilistically incompatible with humility/enlightenment as you can get. At least that's what my conditioning says. Remnants of belief systems. I don't know that, but it is obvious.

Edited by The0Self

38 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Why would they be triggered by the "fact" one can be enlightened and narcissist? It's not like what you are saying affects them in anyway, they are not limited by this idea. Even if it were true it wouldn't change whether I'm a narcissist or not nor affect the way I live my life. 

Does it bother you that people say you aren't enlightened? Isn't it "triggering"? The fact you open this thread shows insecurity about if you are actually enlightened despite selfish behavior and you are here looking for validation that you are but none of this validation will ever be enlightenment.

If you see yourself as enlightened then you are no longer open to enlightenment as you assume you already have it. But enlightenment is not a "thing" to have nor status, enlightenment is the end of all dualities including the duality of a separate you. A narcissist cares only about himself but with enlightenment you realize you are nothing and everything so there's no you to care more about than others.

Edited by 4201

2 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Also worthy to note I am gay and have a miniscule cock.  

As long as you believe this is a negative aspect of you you'll feel the need to belittle others to "compensate" yet none of this is necessary as this is not something to feel bad about. The properties of your meatbag doesn't define your ability to live a happy life, reach enlightenment or have fullfilling relationship. If you believe it is though, you'll act like it is and let it dominate your life.

@Heart of Space

On 26/04/2021 at 8:37 AM, Heart of Space said:

For example, you can be a belligerent narcissist in your work place and be enlightened.  Lately I've taken that form.  One specific example is that I stabbed my coworker in the back and got her fired.  

My ruthless narcissism is not from a place of ego, it is a state of being.  It's currently how I'm loving the people around me unconditionally.  I have no identity.  I take any form God needs at a given time to love others.

Yes, this can be true. Enlightenment doesn't save you from cancer, or genetics, or brain chemistry such that you are born a sociopath or psychopath, so why should anyone hold high regards for the saving power of enlightenment? While it is a case that enlightenment does reduce follow up suffering, the pain is still there.

How did you manage to get you coworker fired?

@Heart of Space

6 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Also worthy to note I am gay and have a miniscule cock.  

With all do respect...

It doesn't matter if you are gay or not. I am gay too and so what?!

But you are trying to justify narcissism, to conflate it with enlightenment and writing messages, like the one above, to avoid the  fact that you have to work on yourself. We all do. 

Many people on this forum can read between the lines and really see what is going on (without projecting their own stuff onto it).

Try to work on yourself harder and then you will be closer to genuine enlightenment.

The definition of masculine love can be brutal. We don't actually know why your coworker got fired. Maybe it was of good cause and you had the guts to do it.

Being enlightened doesn't erase your personality but can exalt the traits that are seemed by society as negative. Like a bully could become a good personal trainer that pushes other boundaries.

As you know God, don't think yourself as sort if a chosen karmic retribution agent for God. Everyone is a karmic retribution agent for God. They just don't know it yet.

I've been there, narcissism comes from a lack of consciousness, there is only consciousness of how to use others to satisfy ones needs. In stage red it feels like ones right, everything which interferes with that is wrong/betrayal. Rules are only good if they protect or satisfy ones needs, if they don't it's alright to break them. If nobody sees it it did not happen, if people see it the rules are wrong. You're right and everybody else is wrong unless they agree with you. Nonetheless it's more enlightened than stage purple or beige.

Edited by Hap E-Boi

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.