Tim R

Tell us about the pandemic in your region

22 posts in this topic

I'm curious about the current situations in different places all over the world. 

How severe is it?

What measures have been taken?

What is the general public opinion about your governments way of dealing with the pandemic? How does this influence the national or local politics? 

So i live in Slovenia in rural area at the border with Croatia.

Many people in my area had Corona virus, but most of them are fine. In the town nearby there were a lot of deaths in the home for elderly people. I think 40 people died?.

In Slovenia are implemented the same measures as in the rest of the world. Imo the right wing government didn't do well with the distribution of the vaccines. The process of vaccination is way to slow and to many people died for such a small country  with only 2 million people.

And of course the right wing government is trying to supress  free press and defund few independed state medias plus reduce some human rights. But i guess that is the way for the right wingers all around the world who are exploiting this pandemic. I just hope we will not end up in some authoritarian situation, like in Hungary and Poland. But i am optimistic we won't.

I am still waiting to be vaccinated. My brother was vaccinated twice with Pfizer and my mom once with Astra-Zeneca. I will probably get J&J but i am not sure yet...

I hope this pandemic ends soon and i wish all the best to all people on this forum???.

1 minute ago, Bojan V said:

. I will probably get J&J but i am not sure yet...

Please don't get J and J. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India

Just now, Preety_India said:

Please don't get J and J. 

Why not? I've heard about the side effects few people had but i am not worried. I would only reject russian or chinese vaccine.

@Bojan V  its responsible for clotting in some cases 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

@Bojan V  its responsible for clotting in some cases 

Yes i am aware of that. But there is the same issue with Astra-Zeneca.

I am not worried becose of only a few cases of side effects.

croatia here, lol. it's getting better, at the end of june 55% will be vaccinated....

I live in Canada, BC, here you gotta wear a mask only indoors and there are just normal restrictions like stay 2m apart and restrictions on businesses regarding customer counts. There are also grants and other aids you can apply to. Only 25+ (except indigenous people, they can register 18+) can register for COVID vaccines, but starting today 18+ can register as well. The vaccine rollout is not going too fast. Only 2.37% have received two-doses and 24.21% have received only one dose. 

I was born in India, and it seems it’s not going too well for India... They recently held a huge Hindu religious event (Kumbh Mela, you know, the one that can be seen from space) despite the pandemic, and they are having political rallies due to an up coming election in an important state. There is also a massive farmers protest going on since September of last year. Did I mention there is a new variant? All this under an almost fascist government. There is an oxygen shortage and people are selling cylinders on black market, and the healthcare system is at the breaking point.

Edit: on 21 April, India recorded 300,000 COVID cases, breaking the world record for mast cases recorded in a single day, but experts say the number of real cases is 29-times higher than the official numbers. 

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Germany got almost turned into an dictatorship. They adopted a new law yesterday, in which they killed federalism.

Our Basic-Rights will probably get turned into Privileges all on the basis of the incidence, which can get tuned up and down, depending on the number of tests. Yet they don´t take that into account. We have Lockdown, even though studies show that lockdowns do more harm than good.

We had around 32 000 intensive beds last year in January, now we have around 24 000. And now they argue again that our intensive bed won´t be enough. Seems like they did that on purpose. Nursing stuff still gets threated like shit, same as in the last 20 years here in Germany. 

People are waiting like guinea-pigs in line to get the vaccine. As they think that this is the only way out.

Experts who have a different opinion than what the official-narrative is get vilified as right-wing. Society is split and the media is still doing a good job to split it even further. 

It does seem to be waning slightly in my region (Schuylkill county PA). I still haven't gotten a vaccine as right now they are limited to those aged 16 to 64 or with underlying conditions. 

I live on Vancouver Island in B.C. Canada.  It's considered "rural" I suppose, a town of about 30,000-35,000.  I think our region and the entire Island has done pretty good with keeping numbers down (especially compared to Vancouver). 

As far as I know, our province's covid policies are:

• Travel ban for all non-essential travel until May 25th with fines for people who leave their region.
  • Indoor group activities and gatherings, including religious services are suspended.
  • Up to 10 people can gather outside.  Stick to the same 10 people.
  • Restaurants and bars are closed for indoor dinning.
  • People in schools have to wear masks.
  • Physical distance.
  • We can have a core bubble with a maximum of 2 people in it (which I assume to mean we don't have to follow proper Covid protocols with distancing and mask wearing). 

I think peeps here are pretty chill about it and not worried too much.  It hasn't hit us hard so I guess we're pretty calm about things.  I haven't spoken with many people about it, but in my area I'd say, in terms of spiral dynamics, we hover around high blue/low orange with pockets of green.  We get some redneck types, but also have some stage Green people.  So I imagine people's opinions range from being kind of "anti-vaccines" and not too into the whole social distancing things, to people who obey it and do their due diligence.  All types, all opinions really. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Virtually exterminated (Israel).

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Yesterday there were 0 Deaths.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Eternal Unity Oh i am so happy about it!

Unfortunately here few people die every day but hopefully by sommer it will get better

9 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I live on Vancouver Island in B.C. Canada.  It's considered "rural" I suppose, a town of about 30,000-35,000.  I think our region and the entire Island has done pretty good with keeping numbers down (especially compared to Vancouver). 

As far as I know, our province's covid policies are:

• Travel ban for all non-essential travel until May 25th with fines for people who leave their region.
  • Indoor group activities and gatherings, including religious services are suspended.
  • Up to 10 people can gather outside.  Stick to the same 10 people.
  • Restaurants and bars are closed for indoor dinning.
  • People in schools have to wear masks.
  • Physical distance.
  • We can have a core bubble with a maximum of 2 people in it (which I assume to mean we don't have to follow proper Covid protocols with distancing and mask wearing). 

I think peeps here are pretty chill about it and not worried too much.  It hasn't hit us hard so I guess we're pretty calm about things.  I haven't spoken with many people about it, but in my area I'd say, in terms of spiral dynamics, we hover around high blue/low orange with pockets of green.  We get some redneck types, but also have some stage Green people.  So I imagine people's opinions range from being kind of "anti-vaccines" and not too into the whole social distancing things, to people who obey it and do their due diligence.  All types, all opinions really. 

Yea the mix of people I've encountered since moving here has surprised me. It's not as developed as I'd thought it would be but I think I had some naïve expectations.

Where do you live on the island dude? I'm in Duncan :)

hrhrhtewgfegege

Have no idea, ive been practicing social isolation since birth. Nothing has changed. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral How have you been practicing social isolation since birth? Is that even possible? How can you survive? If you want to share... if not, that's ok.

@Bojan V lol autistic introvert, everything revolves around my hobbies not people. I don't have a phone. I don't use social media. 

Nothing in my life has changed since covid began. Identical + a mask. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I'm from Norway. Max 5 visitors allowed in the same house, max 20 people allowed in outside gatherings, mandatory masks on public transport and inside stores. Recently reopened gyms with capacity restrictions.

...then on the news, 1000 young people gathered in the same place to party 2 days ago ?

People are generally positive, but then you have the odd weirdos burning masks outside the government building (my roommate was there and ended up front page on the news the idiot?).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.