GreenLight

Why is not Enlightment the nr.1 priority for everyone?

35 posts in this topic

Sometimes i wonder how people can go after relationship, school, careers, homes and make a family etc.

Without even have a drive toward anything related to self-realisation. 

The moment i knew there was something like this i went all in. 

I have nothing against people who are already seekers and strive for thiese things.

What amazes me is the ones who's only focus is on the material and have no clue about self-realisation.

How do they survive? Isn't life more painful like that? What meaning is there in that place?

I already forgot how it was, i remembet that place as a mere mirage.

Because most people don't even know about self realization.

Also, you must take into account some people have strong attachments that provide lots of times deep entertainment and pleasure, even though usually you also have to work hard for them.

Most people who go to self realization hardcore it's because most of the time they are suffering and they don't have much strong attachments to pleasure and entertainment in their daily lifes.

19 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Without even have a drive toward anything related to self-realisation. 

Because in a separated world, the self is not at the centre. 

There is nothing to find within your self if its all seems to be happening  'out there'. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

There is no priority in actuality. There is no "that place" in actuality. There is only this place, actually. We all share one loving placeless place. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Because the ego knows deep down self-reflection means death, why do you think people say "Dont think so much." 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@GreenLight Most people are physically and biologically unable to attain enlightenment. Until there is a revolution in neuroscience, enlightenment will only be for a rare number of people.

There are lots of people that enjoy listening to enlightened people, and learning about non duality, just because it helps them escape their miserable lives, but such people will never become enlightened, only because they can’t. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

There is no duality here, but thought makes it so. 

@How to be wise

What if they let those discordant judgmental dualistic thoughts go? What remains? 

If enlightenment got moved to a mountain top or something, I must’ve missed the memo.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Sometimes i wonder how people can go after relationship, school, careers, homes and make a family etc.

It depends... if you want to have a partner and children then it’s something that needs sustained commitment and will take a lot of time, many of those people’s spiritual goals end up being delayed until after the children leave home.

If you are willing to sacrifice relationships, children, family then you can spend more time on pursuing realisation while you are still young and have the energy for it. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

What if they let those discordant judgmental dualistic thoughts go?

If your brain can’t enter a state of enlightenment, nothing can help you. If someone manages to let those ‘judgemental dualistic thoughts’ go, and attains enlightenment, that proves his brain was capable of becoming enlightened. Someone with the wrong brain chemistry would be unable to do either.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

You are projecting your personality over the others. 

People got bills to pay, responsibilities, hard to prioritize enlightment when you can't pay your food or electric bill.

16 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

If your brain can’t enter a state of enlightenment, nothing can help you. If someone manages to let those ‘judgemental dualistic thoughts’ go, and attains enlightenment, that proves his brain was capable of becoming enlightened. Someone with the wrong brain chemistry would be unable to do either.

In this case, you’re referring to an idea of nothing, but if you inspect that idea, there isn’t actually an idea of nothing ‘there’ at all. Nothing can not ‘help you’, nothing is you. It’s not really a matter of ‘proof’, but of expression, willingness, earnestness, and interest. 

Direct experience vs believing thoughts as labels is key. The ‘ruminating brain’, as a concession, is fueled by resistance of feeling, which is essentially unwillingness to express. The brain is literally made of unconditional love, and the discord is the focusing on conditions. Analogously, it’s like having eaten misunderstanding innocently, and yet being reluctant to allow it up and out, to release and understand. The perspective that someone ‘attains’ enlightenment is the materialist paradigm, or, consciousness being a product of some thing or someone separate from consciousness. It’s reducing enlightenment to possession, a thing you get or acquire (attain). Those are yet-to-be-inspected-thoughts, not post-inspection actuality. Someone doesn’t ‘attain’ or ‘become’ something or some state, the true nature is already the Truth. 

Seeking enlightenment is a misnomer. 

Inspecting what is actual, what is fundamentally true, genuinely, authentically, honestly, is the way....to what is true, or, truth. 

11 different answers and still no one has gave the obvious correct answer... The answer is easily written in one sentence: 

Because most people don't believe in enlightenment.

I don't really believe in it either.

Edited by Blackhawk

@Nahm You are making a very basic mistake, mixing absolute and relative truth. If you’re so confident that the brain has no power, why don’t you just consume some arsenic and see what that does for you. It doesn’t matter how enlightened you are, you can’t escape biology. 

You are using absolute truth to dismiss the material world. This is a novice mistake. We are talking about the rules of the illusory world, which will remain even after enlightenment. Brain chemistry determines the state you are currently in. It matters completely if you want to ask whether someone can or can’t become enlightened.

@How to be wise

Absolute & relative truth is the aforementioned dualistic thought. That someone does or doesn’t ‘become enlightened’ is a pretty strict thought attachment to the materialist paradigm. Similarly, the accusations against ‘me’. The ‘wrestling match’ so to speak is with thoughts, of a me perhaps, but not with a me in actuality. 

15 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

11 different answers and still no one has gave the obvious correct answer... The answer is easily written in one sentence: 

Because most people don't believe in enlightenment.

I don't really believe in it either.

Plus when you look at the so called enlightend people it doesn't look too good.

Enlightenment is another narcissistic fuel. Like with many weird obsessions you don't have a choice anyway other than the illusion of choice.

@Nahm You are close-minded to the material world. You’re clearly unable to balance absolute and relative truth. Instead of preaching spirituality to others, it seems like you need some spiritual growth yourself. 

Didn't give a shit about enlightenment, had an awesome time building up my life, starting a family, realized none of it "made" me happy, spent a short time thinking I'd made a huge mistake, but slowly realized my perspective of everything was the issue, not the stuff itself, or the lack of stuff. Even my perspective of my perspective was an issue. There is no material distraction, there is no material "price" of enlightenment. It's just realizing that the matter we think that makes up the material doesn't matter. And by doesn't matter, I mean, there's no value whatsoever to be gained by avoiding it, thinking if you do you'll get something better in return. This is not a marketplace. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost