Someone here

Why is reality the way it is?

111 posts in this topic

Been contemplating this question for a while... 

Why is reality structured exactly the way it is??  We have 3D space.. We have planets and galaxies.. Human beings need air.. Food and water to thrive.. There is special physical laws like gravity and conservation of energy etc..... It's as if reality is a grand design and everything was sit into place intentionally 

Is this reality a design ? And why is it designed this way and not some other way? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Sri Aurobindo's explanation of Reality is the best, but only our direct Realisation of Reality will reveal to us why the things are the way they are...

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Is this reality a design ? And why is it designed this way and not some other way?

It's not just like this. It's an infinite design. And that is why it has to be this way. If it wasn't, it couldn't be infinite.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Been contemplating this question for a while... 

Why is reality structured exactly the way it is?

Why do you care?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

It is a very practical design, the three forces, the energy creating the matter that from a single and simple base is combined in an enormous complexity, until it comes to life. clean, useful, perfect. the design of a genius

@Someone here You asked the same thing 2 days ago, we gave you the answer.

A=A

That's it. There is no "reason" behind it.

If I were to tell you "well it's because this and that, and 3 billion years ago something happened which caused something else and because of that blah blah blah...", this would simply be dodging the essence of your question. 

You desire an explanation that will satisfy your mind, forget it. It won't happen. 

You're asking "why is A=A?"

As I told you before, this is an inherently meaningless question. Which is why you won't/can't  get a meaningful answer.

I have a theory.

When one looks at the odds they go astronomical, like 1 out of 1 plus a thousands of zeros after it for just one thing to happen.

Let's say you have a universe creating machine. Let's say all that's really needed is one quantum partical to act a certain way.

One partical to spin out of intelligent infinite nothingness with a certain mathematical spin that reiterates itself.

Everything in our known universe could be created on that one simple equation. Like a fractal.

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

Why is reality structured exactly the way it is??

No answers, just more questions:

• Why is reality structured at all? 
  • What would reality without structure be? Non-dual, chaos, something else?
  • Is reality actually structured?
  • Does the perceiver of the structure impose the structure?
  • Is structure actually necessary to have consciousness and awareness and existence?
  • What does structure actually mean? Is it subdivision or reduction or connection or cause and effect or objectification or what?
  • Is structure purely conceptual?

All stories and explanations are false.

1 minute ago, LastThursday said:

No answers, just more questions:

• Why is reality structured at all? 
  • What would reality without structure be? Non-dual, chaos, something else?
  • Is reality actually structured?
  • Does the perceiver of the structure impose the structure?
  • Is structure actually necessary to have consciousness and awareness and existence?
  • What does structure actually mean? Is it subdivision or reduction or connection or cause and effect or objectification or what?
  • Is structure purely conceptual?

It had to be this way. This is the only way it could work. Prefect balance.

3 minutes ago, freejoy said:

It had to be this way. This is the only way it could work. Prefect balance.

I'm going to be annoying, by asking more questions. What is "it" and "this" referring to? Who or what is doing the "work"? What is being in "balanced" and why is balance preferred?

@LastThursday structure means there is something rather than nothing. non-structure is nothing. nothingness structures itself in patterns of increasing complexity, forms that create and dissolve, from a hydrogen cloud to a human brain

I'll just plug my new favourite phrase here :  why are you the way you are? Hmmm? ?

(not aimed at @Someone here, of course.) 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

Why is reality structured exactly the way it is?

The highest possibility of love. 

@Breakingthewall good contemplation. More questions:

• What is something?
  • Does something have an opposite?
  • Is something contained in nothing or nothing contained in something?
  • Can something really be the same as nothing and vice versa?
  • How can nothing have any structure at all? (You say it's non-structure).
  • What is a pattern?
  • What is complexity?
  • What is a form? Is it something or is form something else?
  • Does form automatically have structure?
  • Is structure form?

10 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I'm going to be annoying, by asking more questions. What is "it" and "this" referring to? Who or what is doing the "work"? What is being in "balanced" and why is balance preferred?

When I say "it" I mean reality that we live in. Not the "it" that Enlightened Ones refer to.

I'm just talking about the "real" world or what Enlightened Ones would call the illusion or dream.

When I say "work" I'm referring to the universe as we know it. 

The "first" quantum partical that spin out of infinite nothingness to "work" i.e. to be able to reiterate itself so all things could be created by it. Any other partical wouldn't work and dissolve or not work. Not have the precise mathematical that could reiterate until the entire universe could be created from it.

@Someone here whatever you think thats what your reality (ego) is. If you dont think thats what You are is. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Edited by Gesundheit
Retracted for evil reasons

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Just now, Gesundheit said:

Humans have been busting their asses/minds trying to figure reality out. Do you really believe some hippy kids on the internet know the answers?

It's possible!

: )

Just now, Gesundheit said:

Humans have been busting their asses/minds trying to figure reality out. Do you really believe some hippy kids on the internet know the answers?

Don't be so pessimistic. Maybe the question will actually get an answer today by a hippy internet kid? I'm hopeful.